Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

What Religion Did Jesus Practice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Religion Did Jesus Practice? (1736 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / What Religion Did Jesus Practice? / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by jerrywill(m): 6:56am On Mar 12, 2017
Goodmorning and happy sunday to you all. . Who was Jesus? Was he a christian? A muslim? A jew? An athiest? . Give reasons for your answer
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by refiner(f): 7:08am On Mar 12, 2017
A muslim...

Is like ur brain is paining u...what sort of question is this? angry
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by alBHAGDADI: 7:11am On Mar 12, 2017
He was a Jew who practiced Judaism. He showed how weak the laws were when he made it clear that it is not right to gather sinful people to stone one sinful person caught in the act. Until we can find one sinless man, humans are not allowed to judge. That's why he said "judge not". Let God be the judge.

Hid death and resurrection signaled a new covenant. The curtain covering the holies of holies in the temple was ripped apart. That signified that people could Now talk to God directly, unlike before where they had to walk up to a priest who was the only one who could access the holies of holies.

Animal sacrifice also stopped cos his blood was enough for all times. All those who believed in him began to be called Christians.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by godfatherx: 7:13am On Mar 12, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
He was a Jew who practiced Judaism.
You are right, he went to the synagogue with his parents and taught the laws of Abraham to his followers.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Localamos(m): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2017
Jesus is a 19 year old Brazilian international footballl star who also plays for Mancity. He is Catholic like most of other Brazilians.

For more information on Jesus, please google "Gabriel Fernando de Jesus["

8 Likes

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by alBHAGDADI: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2017
godfatherx:

You are right, he went to the synagogue with his parents and taught the laws of Abraham to his followers.
He taught his disciples his own laws but lived as a Jew in order to be the only perfect person to pass through the period of the law of Moses without erring.

The moment he died and resurrected, a New covenant was established. This means that the mosaic covenant was erased and the new law of grace began.

This grace is what makes his followers Christians, cos they forgive those who offend them as taught by him, instead of the "an eye for an eye" prescribed by Moses.

So you see, he taught his own laws, not Abraham's or Moses'.

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by MrMontella(m): 8:46am On Mar 12, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
He taught his disciples his own laws but lived as a Jew in order to be the only perfect person to pass through the period of the law of Moses without erring.

The moment he died and resurrected, a New covenant was established. This means that the mosaic covenant was erased and the new law of grace began.

This grace is what makes his followers Christians, cos they forgive those who offend them as taught by him, instead of the "an eye for an eye" prescribed by Moses.

so it's his own law, when he said in Matthew 5:17-19 that he did not come to do away with the law of Moses right?

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by chieveboy(m): 9:05am On Mar 12, 2017
Where did he go to before the age of 32?
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2017
chieveboy:
Where did he go to before the age of 32?

It is said that he spent some time with the Essenes in the far East.

But what is important is the Teachings of this Jesus and not the Person. He might have lived a mediocre life before the time of his ministry. Who cares?

He identified himself as One with The Almighty, as a child of The Almighty Divine force behind the Hologram (As Billyonaire calls it) and encouraged us to do the same. That's what counts to me.

smiley
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Splinz(m): 9:41am On Mar 12, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Okay bro. But, what are these His new laws that He taught?
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by chieveboy(m): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2017
parisienne:

But what is important is the Teachings of this Jesus and not the Person. He might have lived a mediocre life before the time of his ministry. Who cares?

He identified himself as One with The Almighty, as a child of The Almighty Divine force behind the Hologram (As Billyonaire calls it) and encouraged us to do the same. That's what counts to me.

smiley

smiley but will the Christians accept that their 'savior' was raised by non-christians? If you present non-christian or non-biblical truths to the average Christian, will they listen? I was actually going to put more details on what Jesus was doing all that while, but then " it's not written in the Bible" cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by johnydon22(m): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
He was a Jew who practiced Judaism. He showed how weak the laws were when he made it clear that it is not right to gather sinful people to stone one sinful person caught in the act. Until we can find one sinless man, humans are not allowed to judge. That's why he said "judge not". Let God be the judge.

Hid death and resurrection signaled a new covenant. The curtain covering the holies of holies in the temple was ripped apart. That signified that people could Now talk to God directly, unlike before where they had to walk up to a priest who was the only one who could access the holies of holies.

Animal sacrifice also stopped cos his blood was enough for all times. All those who believed in him began to be called Christians.
No animal sacrifice was not stopped in Judaism because of Jesus, the jews up to this day do not agree Jesus son of Joseph is the messiah since his life did not go according to the dictates of the messianic prophecies of the talmud.

Animal sacrifice in Judaism was halted [not permanently stopped] because the temple of solomon is yet to be restored by the messiah[king] who is to come according to the jews - and when this day comes, thousands of animals shall be sacrificed in the new temple on the restored and newly consecrated altar.

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by johnydon22(m): 10:39am On Mar 12, 2017
parisienne:

smiley

He was linked with the essenes because many of the doctrines he followed and taught were directly similar to that of the Essenes and also the ancient Asian religions such as Buddhism.

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by orunto27: 11:26am On Mar 12, 2017
jerrywill:
Goodmorning and happy sunday to you all.
Who was Jesus? Was he a christian? A muslim? A jew? An athiest?
Give reasons for your answer
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by orunto27: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2017
None of the above. Jesus is God. Christ is The Spirit, The legend we relate to.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 12, 2017
Localamos:
Jesus is a 19 year old Brazilian international footballl star who also plays for Mancity. He is Catholic like most of other Brazilians.

See that's funny because I have it on good authority that Jesus Navas Gonzalez is a mid-fielder that plays for manchester city at the moment.
The Navas-González bunch are also
very religious, and Jesús has the words
“Dios es amor” (God is love) on his boots.

Jesus's brother Marco is also a footballer.
Jesus is a very private guy and has a girlfriend call Alejandro.

Please google "Jesus Navas Gonzalez".

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by jerrywill(m): 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2017
refiner:
A muslim...

How was he a muslim?
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by jerrywill(m): 2:22pm On Mar 12, 2017
Localamos:

You are very correct.
I mean Jesus Christ of Nazerate
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by johntredon: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
jerrywill:
Which of the Jesus bcoz we have many Jesus in the bible ;

Acts 13:6-- And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:

OR

Colossians 4:11--And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

OR

Matthew 1:1--The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
chieveboy:

smiley I was actually going to put more details on what Jesus was doing all that while, but then " it's not written in the Bible" cheesy

please do so... I'm all ears
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by chieveboy(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

please do so... I'm all ears

Well how about making an inquiry- a personal one during your contemplation?

The name of his prominent teacher is Fubbi Quantz...for starters...

Attached is his image. If you got more "ears" read about him here
. Thanks.
https://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Fubbi/Story07.html

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by shadeyinka(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2017
jerrywill:

Your Topic was such an intelligent question:

What religion did Jesus practice?
NONE specifically but in a generic sense, Judaism!

Was Jesus a Christian?
NO! But His believers were called "little Christs"

Was Jesus a Muslim?
NO! Except if you will agree with me that Jews are Muslims.

Was Jesus a Jew?
YES!

Why your questions?
Is it because you have different answers or you truly do not know. If you have different answers, then answer the questions too
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by jerrywill(m): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
johntredon:

Which of the Jesus bcoz we have many Jesus in the bible ;

Acts 13:6-- And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:

OR

Colossians 4:11--And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

OR

Matthew 1:1--The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Na the christ na
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Auki: 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
Jesus actually surrendered himself to God and call mankind to do same.

He worshipped God alone like Noah, Abraham, Mosses,Muhammad etc.

Fact: Jesus didn't worship himself nor call mankind to worship him or his mother instead of God.

Roman invented Jesus as God, Son of God or partner to God.

Use your brain and open ur mind.

You met your parent in error do u intent to follow same.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by Niflheim(m): 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
@op,

A religion that refers to Syrophoenicians as "dogs"? Sounds like his religion was RACISM!!!

A religion that encourages cutting off your penis if it leads you to sin? Sounds like "DICKTATORSHIP!!!".

A religion that tells others to leave their families and abandon their parents to follow the master? Sounds like "ZOMBIFICATION COUPLED WITH STUPIDITY"!!!
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by luvmijeje(f): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
chieveboy:

Well how about making an inquiry- a personal one during your contemplation?

The name of his prominent teacher is Fubbi Quantz...for starters...

Attached is his image. If you got more "ears" read about him here
. Thanks.
https://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Fubbi/Story07.html

Hehehehe! Nothing weh person no go read. You've the image of Jesus's prominent teacher? Do you have the image of Jesus? The 12 disciples? Jesus's biological family?
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by luvmijeje(f): 6:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

A religion that refers to Syrophoenicians as "dogs"? Sounds like his religion was RACISM!!!

A religion that encourages cutting off your penis if it leads you to sin? Sounds like "DICKTATORSHIP!!!".

A religion that tells others to leave their families and abandon their parents to follow the master? Sounds like "ZOMBIFICATION COUPLED WITH STUPIDITY"!!!
Let me Google Syrophoenicians......it's a province relating to the Romans. So why we the Bible called them dogs? Let me check my Bible Matt 15:26-28

26 And He answered and said, “It is not [c]good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” 27 But she said, “Yes, Lord; [d]but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.” 28 Then Jesus said to her, “O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed [e]at once.

Why do people lie to make a point?
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by enshy: 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
refiner:
A muslim...

I know it hurts! That kind of question, one would doubt the sincerity of the OP.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by enshy: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
luvmijeje:

Hehehehe! Nothing weh person no go read. You've the image of Jesus's prominent teacher? Do you have the image of Jesus? The 12 disciples? Jesus's biological family?
Hey, this thread, I dont know about it oo.
Hope ure good?
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by luvmijeje(f): 6:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
enshy:

Hey, this thread, I dont know about it oo.
Hope ure good?
My Oga, I'm fine o. You?

My their fruit, we shall know them. They're mischief makers.
Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by enshy: 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
luvmijeje:
My Oga, I'm fine o. You?
My their fruit, we shall know them. They're mischief makers.
Im good. Lets keep the fire burning. God is our confidence and sufficiency!

1 Like

Re: What Religion Did Jesus Practice? by chieveboy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
luvmijeje:

I think you should re-read the post. Then learn...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus, the Son Of God, Is The Sun Of Righteousness / Mayowa Olaiya Vs Funke Adejumo / That Witch Supervising And Hindering Your Progress Must Die Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.