Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Poem! - Faraway Star - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem! - Faraway Star (415 Views)

The Faraway Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem! - Faraway Star by oludamolaBlackP(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
Unique in this galaxy of ours Sparkling with exceeding brilliance Other heavenly bodies melt at your presence Glowing beautifully, creating a serene ambience
While growing up, I have seen and watched many stars But none seem to have caught my attention They said man could live on Mars But then i know, no other star can cause me a distraction
Though among a million, you stand out When i first had a glimpse of you, i wondered what the fluttering was about Its just like any other normal star, i told myself But then you remind me of that old book on the shelf
Stars falling, but you remain Other's lights waning, but your waxing Seasons come and go, but there you are flexing I tried to reach out, as you are all that is Germaine
Unlike the sky's stars with sharp edges All yours are curvy Mesmerized by you, the music in ma'head gets real groovy I finally fell in love, after all the "I WON'T" pledges
And there you are sitting some centimetres away Chewing graciously in successive array I stare steadfastly at your face But always avoiding your gaze
I got closer, but you seemed farther I called out, but its echo became fainter I stared at your shoes, but then he took it He toyed with, and back he gave it
Then it dawned on me, "He loves her! " When in consent you smiled back, I knew my love was over My feelings i will roll up, though very bitter But I can't stop loving you, my faraway star. www.blackpenng..com for more poems and stories.
*oludamola* *#BLACK PEN*(c)2017

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence - Must Read! / Heart Splash_ Scene1: / Flash Fiction: Abiona By Dhee Sylvester.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.