Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry (4071 Views)

Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by ChurchLeader: 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
The life of Enoch Adejare Adeboye known as Pastor E. A Adeboye is a fulfillment of the scriptures in Zechariah 4: 10 which declare “despise not the days of small beginnings”. Born in 1942 into a humble family in the village of Ifewara, Osun State located in the South-western part of Nigeria Enoch Adeboye often humorously states that his family was so poor that even the poor people called them poor. As a matter of fact, he unashamedly tells his congregation that he never owned shoes until he was eighteen years of age. What he possessed though were physical intangibles such as focus, consistency, diligence, ambition, a brilliant mind and a determination to succeed in life.

In 1956 E. A Adeboye was admitted into Ilesha Grammar School, Ilesha, Osun State, Western Nigeria and as a youth he discovered a passion for books, and an aptitude for science and in particular the field of Mathematics, this led to an academic journey in the field of Mathematics against incredible odds including but not limited to finances, the Nigerian Civil War and academic politics. By the time he was done, E. A Adeboye had obtained not only a Bachelors (BSc.) degree in Mathematics from the University of Nigeria, Nusukka, Nigeria in 1967, but also a Masters (MSc.) Degree in Hydrodynamics and a Doctorate Degree (PhD) in Applied Mathematics, both from the University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria in 1969 and 1975 respectively.

One of the motivations for these academic achievements was E. A Adeboye’s passionate desire to become the youngest Vice Chancellor (University President) of any one of the frontline Universities in Nigeria; it did seem that his academic ambition would be realized as his academic career flourished. However, this was not to be as a greater career awaited him in the service of the Lord. In 1967 E. A Adeboye got married to his beloved wife Foluke Adenike Adeboye (nee Adeyokunnu).

He gave his life to our personal Lord and savior Jesus in 1973 and in 1977 and 1981; he was ordained as a pastor in RCCG and a General overseer in RCCG respectively. For three years he filled the role part-time, still lecturing at Ilorin, until giving up his university position to preach full-time. The church, which was not well known prior to Adeboye becoming the General Overseer, currently has several branches globally in about 192 nations (as at August 2016) including more than 14,000 in Nigeria. E. A Adeboye has stated that his aim is to put a church within five minutes of every person on Earth

He is the national president of RCF (an interdenominational fellowship in all the campuses in Nigeria) which is under the umbrella of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministry (CRM) where he is a founder and president. E. A Adeboye was launched into international prominence on December 18, 1998, when he hosted the very first Holy Ghost Congress (open air meeting) in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria with an attendance of over 7 million people as reported by CNN and the BBC, it constituted the largest mobilization of people in one spot on the surface of the earth, and a feat never before recorded.

The following year, the attendance at the Holy Ghost Congress (HGC) grew to 12 million worshipers, this program has since been replaced with the annual 3-Day HGC held every December at the Redemption Camp much like other programs in RCCG with the HGC also witnessing its transformations also. From a one night event in 1998 to a week-long program today and at each and every one of these events, many souls were won for Christ, and the power of God moved freely as well to heal, anoint, and empower.

The secrets to his immense growth in ministry are highlighted below:

1. His trademark of humility which is disarming and endearing, enabling him to easily share his testimony of the Gospel.
2. His passion for soul-winning.
3. He is a passionate giver, giving to humanity immensely.
4. He is a mentor and a leader who possesses adequate and quality mentorship and leadership skills respectively.
5. A life of total obedience to God and his instruction whether convenient or not.
6. He is a visionary; he saw the local church as one of the focal points of Christian discipleship, and thus planned to have an RCCG branch five minutes from every home in the world.
7. He is extremely focused.
8. His love for knowledge.

Please Comment and Share what else you think has made him stand out so far in ministry?

Copied from https://blog.esoftchurch.com/8-secrets-that-brought-pastor-e-a-adeboye-to-the-fore-front-of-ministry/

1 Share

Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by odiereke(m): 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
Long live Daddy G.O
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Sorry for the comment..but I was wondering if he was the man in the ad on this section? From what I'm read, it seems he's been blessed for 75 years.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by sonofthunder: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
MZLady39:
Sorry for the comment..but I was wondering if he was the man in the ad on this section? From what I'm read, it seems he's been blessed for 75 years.
which ad is that? you mean you don't know the pastor in the op?
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
sonofthunder:

which ad is that? you mean you don't know the pastor in the op?

The man with the blue suit...that sometimes shows up on the religion page ads.
I've never lived in Nigeria so I don't know him or the other pastor...Suleman. The only pastor I've ever heard of is TB Joshua.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by sonofthunder: 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
MZLady39:

I've never lived in Nigeria so I don't know him or the other pastor...Suleman. The only pastor I've ever heard of is TB Joshua.
okay, all three are Pastors in Nigeria... Maybe you didn't meet Pastor Suleman at the best of times.
BTW, good to have non Nigerians on nairaland... maybe Seun can consider creating a board for foreigners and Nigerians living abroad.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by sonofthunder: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
MZLady39:

and the man in the 'blue suit' is Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
sonofthunder:

and the man in the 'blue suit' is Pastor E. A. Adeboye.

Yes...I figured that. I've read some writings (posted in this section) that I think come from him or someone at the church. They have been really good.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2017
sonofthunder:

okay, all three are Pastors in Nigeria... Maybe you didn't meet Pastor Suleman at the best of times.
BTW, good to have non Nigerians on nairaland... maybe Seun can consider creating a board for foreigners and Nigerians living abroad.

I saw TB Joshua on a documentary a few years ago...(where he was in a European country doing healings..and he wasn't being portrayed in a positive light)...Didn't know he was Nigerian though.
A board for foreigners or Nigerians living abroad may be a good thing...but I have a unique situation. Yes, I'm a "foreigner" in the sense that I wasn't born in or have ever lived in Nigeria...but I am Nigerian in the sense that my dad is. I know some things...but definitely not enough for my satisfaction.
My intention was to immerse myself in the Nigerian culture...(vicariously through NL) for now. This is part of my ancestry also..through direct descent. I wasn't really interested years ago...but now I am.
I'm learning so much about my people...although it's through the computer for now.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by sonofthunder: 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
MZLady39:

Yes...I figured that. I've read some writings (posted in this section) that I think come from him or someone at the church. They have been really good.
nice to hear
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by sonofthunder: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
MZLady39:

I saw TB Joshua on a documentary a few years ago...(where he was in a European country doing healings..and he wasn't being portrayed in a positive light)...Didn't know he was Nigerian though.
A board for foreigners or Nigerians living abroad may be a good thing...but I have a unique situation. Yes, I'm a "foreigner" in the sense that I wasn't born in or have ever lived in Nigeria...but I am Nigerian in the sense that my dad is. I know some things...but definitely not enough for my satisfaction.
My intention was to immerse myself in the Nigerian culture...(vicariously through NL) for now. This is part of my ancestry also..through direct descent. I wasn't really interested years ago...but now I am.
I'm learning so much about my people...although it's through the computer for now.
yep, lots of 'em on the Preacher/Prophet.
The issue of a board is a decision for seun but I doubt he'll do that in the near future if ever...
on learning the culture, all the best... I'm sure you've met the good, bad and ugly.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
sonofthunder:

yep, lots of 'em on the Preacher/Prophet.
The issue of a board is a decision for seun but I doubt he'll do that in the near future if ever...
on learning the culture, all the best... I'm sure you've met the good, bad and ugly.

Lol...yes sir....seen it all and have experienced it all! If I didn't have some of the same Nigerian blood flowing through me, I would've stayed gone when I deactivated twice in less than 2 months time..and I only joined back in December!
Nigerians are a tough, tough crowd. You definitely have to have a thick-skin..for sure. But it's not like I haven't experienced that spirit through my dad. I am so tickled when I see some of the same things my dad says..to us...right here on NL. I love it actually! I see some of his culture through the people here.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by sonofthunder: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
MZLady39:

Lol...yes sir....seen it all and have experienced it all! If I didn't have some of the same Nigerian blood flowing through me, I would've stayed gone when I deactivated twice in less than 2 months time..and I only joined back in December!
Nigerians are a tough, tough crowd. You definitely have to have a thick-skin..for sure. But it's not like I haven't experienced that spirit through my dad. I am so tickled when I see some of the same things my dad says..to us...right here on NL. I love it actually! I see some of his culture through the people here.
some of us are soft though... and don't believe everything on social media, happy learning.
Re: 8 Secrets That Brought PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE To The Fore Front Of Ministry by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2017
sonofthunder:

some of us are soft though... and don't believe everything on social media, happy learning.

Sir thank you..and yes....some of you guys have good spirits. I could never judge all based on the actions of some smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Could It Be Satan Vs God / 6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. / The Rapture - Jesus Second Coming In Two Stages ? Is The Rapture Secret ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.