Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

How To Join The U.S. Army If You Are Not A Citizen Of U.S. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Join The U.S. Army If You Are Not A Citizen Of U.S. (1196 Views)

Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) / Meet The First Woman To Lead A U.S. Army Infantry Division / U.S Army Salary Scale: American Soldier Salary Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Join The U.S. Army If You Are Not A Citizen Of U.S. by VastfinderBlog(m): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
Do you know that you can join the U.S. Army even if you are not a citizen of the United States?

If you are interested, then this post is for you. The American military system is such that it offers non-citizens opportunity to join the U.S Army as an enlisted soldier in as much as you meet the required specific legal immigration requirements. The only pitfall is that non-citizens cannot become commissioned officers in the U.S. military plus they are restricted from classified occupational specialties.

Steps on How to Join the U.S. Army If You Are Not a U.S. Citizen
1. You have to be a permanent legal resident living in the U.S. with work permit.

Student or tourist visas cannot be used for enlistment into any of the U.S. military.

2. As a non-citizen, you must meet up with the same standards of education and physical fitness exercise as a normal American citizen.

3. You should possess a valid Permanent Residence Card- form I-551 (also known as a Green Card) or Immigration cards. This will help prove you resident status. You will not be permitted to begin formal military training until your legal permanent resident status is established

4. Once verified, apply to join the enlisted ranks of the U.S. Army.

5. If you want to become a commissioned officer, you would have to denounce your country’s citizenship and apply for U.S. citizenship to be eligible to become a commissioned Army officer in the U.S military.

The American military system is such that it accommodates different kinds of persons as long as you meet their stipulated requirements

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/how-to-join-us-army-if-you-are-not.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, 1forall, CrazyMan, dominique, ishilove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Join The U.S. Army If You Are Not A Citizen Of U.S. by Blackpromise(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
i'm interested,I stay hereinabove,Nigeria and have a BSc in Business administration.
you can reach me on.
kunleblackrule@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: How To Join The U.S. Army If You Are Not A Citizen Of U.S. by VastfinderBlog(m): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Blackpromise:
i'm interested,I stay hereinabove,Nigeria and have a BSc in Business administration.
you can reach me on.
kunleblackrule@gmail.com
Thanks

Drop your comment on the blog or message us now.

(1) (Reply)

403 Military Men To Retire – Official / Digital Mapping Training In Portharcourt Using ARCGIS / Are You Tired Of Staying Broke? Learn A Digital Skill And Be Financially Buoyant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.