Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth (1082 Views)

Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Have you ever wondered how wealthy the church really is? In his book, ‘The Vatican Billions’, writer and philosopher Avro Manhattan gives us a glimpse of the true financial worth of the catholic church:

“The Vatican has large investments with the Rothschilds of Britain, France and America, with the Hambros Bank, with the Credit Suisse in London and Zurich. In the United States it has large investments with the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan Bank, the First National Bank of New York, the Bankers Trust Company, and others.

“The Vatican has billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations such as Gulf Oil, Shell, General Motors, Bethlehem Steel, General Electric, International Business Machines, T.W.A., etc.” (...)

“Some idea of the real estate and other forms of wealth controlled by the Catholic church may be gathered by the remark of a member of the New York Catholic Conference, namely ‘that his church probably ranks second only to the United States Government in total annual purchase.’

“Another statement, made by a nationally syndicated Catholic priest, perhaps is even more telling. ‘The Catholic church,’ he said, ‘must be the biggest corporation in the United States. We have a branch office in every neighborhood. Our assets and real estate holdings must exceed those of Standard Oil, A.T.&T., and U.S. Steel combined. And our roster of dues-paying members must be second only to the tax rolls of the United States Government.’” (...)

“The Catholic church, once all her assets have been put together, is the most formidable stockbroker in the world. The Vatican, independently of each successive pope, has been increasingly orientated towards the U.S. The Wall Street Journal said that the Vatican’s financial deals in the U.S. alone were so big that very often it sold or bought gold in lots of a million or more dollars at one time.” (...)

“The Vatican’s treasure of solid gold has been estimated by the United Nations World Magazine to amount to several billion dollars. A large bulk of this is stored in gold ingots with the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, while banks in England and Switzerland hold the rest.

“But this is just a small portion of the wealth of the Vatican, which in the U.S. alone, is greater than that of the five wealthiest giant corporations of the country. When to that is added all the real estate, property, stocks and shares abroad, then the staggering accumulation of the wealth of the Catholic church becomes so formidable as to defy any rational assessment.” (...)

“The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. She is a greater possessor of material riches than any other single institution, corporation, bank, giant trust, government or state of the whole globe.

“The pope, as the visible ruler of this immense amassment of wealth, is consequently the richest individual of the twentieth century. No one can realistically assess how much he is worth in terms of billions of dollars.”
http://humansarefree.com/2012/03/christian-church-is-biggest-financial.html?m=0

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by greatnaija01: 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
soooo.... what na happen? this info helps no one spiritually or even physically. pls tho this is religion section... try putting something that will be a blessing to everyone next time
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Oblitz(m): 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
I haf hear
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
greatnaija01:
soooo.... what na happen? this info helps no one spiritually or even physically. pls tho this is religion section... try putting something that will be a blessing to everyone next time
Lol if you really need spiritual upliftment find your way to church or go immerse yourself into the Word/Prayer. Is it this section that is filled with belligerent Atheist attacking Christians that would give you spiritual upliftment?
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Jabioro: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
I loved the way she runs (the Vatican's).religiously they tried, investments, both human and financial resources were put into right uses.. not like my neighbor caused havoc always.
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by psucc(m): 9:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
Yet some of her faithful are as rich as the mouse living in their vestry.
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
Many don't know that Pope Francis was also sought because of his financial education. Now I see why they really needed an 'MBA' pope. And I have nothing against Church wealth so far it's used for the right purposes.
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Vickiweezy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Matt 5:11
"Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account"
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
psucc:
Yet some of her faithful are as rich as the mouse living in their vestry.
We have to look at this issue in an wholistic way. I can only judge when I see expenditure/revenue. But don't forget that the Catholic Church is/has been one of the most charitable institutions in the world. Also, the Catholic church is responsible for nearly half of Christianity's entire global population(1 billion) which means expenditure must be very high. Lastly I doubt the wealth is centralised with the Vatican. Hence each region could have its own financial autonomy(not sure)
Re: The Catholic Church Is The Biggest Financial Power On Earth by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
Vickiweezy:
Matt 5:11
"Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account"
Pls explain. Who's reviling who? Though I shared this, it was not for the purpose of mockery in any way.

(1) (Reply)

Five Types Of Girls You Find In Church Choirs / Since God Was The Creator Of The Earth, Who Create The Other 8 Planet. / The Real-life Photos That Inspired The Exorcism Of Emily Rose- Audio Inculed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.