Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,121 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media (550 Views)

There Is Corruption In EFCC, Magu Admits / Femi Falana: Government Can't Fight Corruption, The People In Government Are The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2017
The act of seat reservation is corruption
By: Oche Solomon

Alas! The hour has come for me to cry and write about the abnormality and elementary behaviours of undergraduates who have become acclimatized to (used) to the act of reserving seats for their boyfriends and girlfriends who usually and intentionally go to lectures late, having it in mind that
there would be reservation of seats by their friends who have earlier gone to the lectures in order to be-seated comfortably.
Meanwhile, there are other set of students who are likely to go the lecture later, and then, on reaching there, books, bags and other objects will be seen sitting on the chairs.

Ask any student sitting close to those chairs; please who is her? She/he would tell you, they are coming. Who are coming? The answer would be the people that own these seats you are seeing. Can’t you see their bags or books? Hu, childish and villageous mentality.

I am afraid and of the jingoism that this would one day ignite a fight among our students; therefore, may I categorically make it clear that no one owns any of the seats in the various lecture halls and theatre or, maybe I am unaware that the management of various institutions has shared seats for students.
This behaviour of students reserving seats for their friends best known to them, and thereby deny fellow students the seats and watch them standing to receive lectures is childish, evil, abnormal, nonsensically, wickedness, uncalled for, balderdash and of course an act of corruption.

Why then, do we all cry almost on daily basis against the wickedness and the corrupt acts of our leaders, while us as individuals, and even as students are corrupt are and giving to the practice of corruption and tomfoolery?
May I remind you all that, the people governing or leading us in this country are not animals; neither are they illiterates but educated people, who were educated from primary to secondary school, maybe to university level. Now, they are there eating and wasting the masses money as well as reserving for their unborn generation, those they don’t even know whether they will come into existence. Meanwhile, about 75% of Nigerians are suffering untold and unbearable hardship and you students are here reserving seats for your friends whom you don’t even know whether they will attends the lecture thereby, those you are already seeing in the class the chances of sitting on the chairs.

In this case, what is the difference between you and the leaders (Politicians)?
I think the differences are: (i) They are no more students; (ii) They are in charge of the masses and their monies while, you (students) are in charge of seats. Meaning that by the time you graduate and return to the society, you will be in charge of the masses and their monies and also engage in the generational money reservation game, saga or tradition.

To this end, may I say that your being educated is not only the ability to read and write alone, but also your ability to develop the society with the knowledge you acquire from the school.

May I remind you that; Zero Tolerance for Corruption Club (ZTC) is watching you! So, say no to>>>>http://www.themedia.com.ng/2017/03/the-act-of-seat-reservation-is-corruption.html
Re: The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media by Elisean(m): 8:09am On Mar 15, 2017
Uncle koshi jaare

1 Like

Re: The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media by wahles(m): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2017
Yes
Re: The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lol, wetin uncle do you?
Elisean:
Uncle koshi jaare
Re: The Act Of Seat Reservation Is Corruption - The Media by comradeusmanhar: 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
what?
wahles:
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Demolish (immigrant)slum / Another Batch Of 50 Nigerians Deported From Eight European Countries / MP3: Give It To Me - Lastdon (prod. By Bereexbeat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.