Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. (649 Views)

The Selfie Revolution Has Begun #joinandenjoy / This New Pocket-sized Drone Has Come To Replace The Selfie Stick. (photos) / Tecno Keeps Upping The Selfie Game With It's Camon Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. by shiftback: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
Its 6pm and Ujunwa is getting ready for a night out with her boo. Make-up ✓, hair-do ✓, perfume ✓. She's all set to go but she has a feeling there's something else that needs to be done.
She checks the content of her purse one last time; make-up kit✓, vex money✓, powerbank✓ smartphone✓. Yess! She finally figured it out; SELFIE! she hasn't taken the all important selfie. After spending 2hrs in front of the mirror she can't coman let her make-up go to waste.
She took out her smartphone, tilted at 45 degrees just above her eyeline. The pose is important, the slight raise of the eyebrow too, the sideways smile that says she's pretty and she knows it and a subtle display of bare flesh just below the clavicle. Snap!

Quickly she applied all her favourite filters. Then, with a single tap she uploads: to Twitter, to Facebook, to Instagram. Seconds later her screen starts filling up with thumbs-up sign and heart shaped emotions. Each likeness accompanied by a self-referential hashtag. Her image is getting the retweet, tag and share​ treatment. She felt a sense of accomplishment​. Now she can go out to her party, where she's​ sure to take several hundred more selfies during the course of the night.

Everyone seems to be in on the Selfie Craze, not just Uju and friends. Musicians, politicians, Footballers(Can you believe Francesco Totti took a selfie during a football match?), Civil servants, Patients on their sick bed, Teachers, Students, Market women and i kid you not, i saw Suleiman Mai Ruwa taking a selfie the other day.
Even Brands too are capitalising on the selfie craze. Tecno is currently doing a selfie challenge on social media. You take a selfie, add your city, mention someone and challenge them to do same​, the entries with the most likes and shares get to win the soon to be released Camon CX and a chance to win a trip to London.

Follow this link for how to participate in the Tecno #XSelfieChallenge
http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/93433-terms-and-conditions-of-the-xselfiechallenge

If you think the selfie craze will end anytime soon then think again. Do a #me or #selflove search on Instagram and you'll get an idea of what i mean. Literally over a hundred million selfies are posted daily on Instagram.
The reason why people take selfies is many and varied and beyond the scope of this post but I'm sure self love is top of the list.
I can bet whatever unimportant item I own that a lot of people reading this took a selfie today. If you haven't done so, take one now but don't do it in the state of UnCloth.grin

Peace.
Re: The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
shiftback:
Its 6pm and Ujunwa is getting ready for a night out with her boo. Make-up ✓, hair-do ✓, perfume ✓. She's all set to go but she has a feeling there's something else that needs to be done.
She checks the content of her purse one last time; make-up kit✓, vex money✓, powerbank✓ smartphone✓. Yess! She finally figured it out; SELFIE! she hasn't taken the all important selfie. After spending 2hrs in front of the mirror she can't coman let her make-up go to waste.
She took out her smartphone, tilted at 45 degrees just above her eyeline. The pose is important, the slight raise of the eyebrow too, the sideways smile that says she's pretty and she knows it and a subtle display of bare flesh just below the clavicle. Snap!

Quickly she applied all her favourite filters. Then, with a single tap she uploads: to Twitter, to Facebook, to Instagram. Seconds later her screen starts filling up with thumbs-up sign and heart shaped emotions. Each likeness accompanied by a self-referential hashtag. Her image is getting the retweet, tag and share​ treatment. She felt a sense of accomplishment​. Now she can go out to her party, where she's​ sure to take several hundred more selfies during the course of the night.

Everyone seems to be in on the Selfie Craze, not just Uju and friends. Musicians, politicians, Footballers(Can you believe Francesco Totti took a selfie during a football match?), Civil servants, Patients on their sick bed, Teachers, Students, Market women and i kid you not, i saw Suleiman Mai Ruwa taking a selfie the other day.
Even Brands too are capitalising on the selfie craze. Tecno is currently doing a selfie challenge on social media. You take a selfie, add your city, mention someone and challenge them to do same​, the entries with the most likes and shares get to win the soon to be released Camon CX and a chance to win a trip to London.

Follow this link for how to participate in the Tecno #XSelfieChallenge
http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/93433-terms-and-conditions-of-the-xselfiechallenge

If you think the selfie craze will end anytime soon then think again. Do a #me or #selflove search on Instagram and you'll get an idea of what i mean. Literally over a hundred million selfies are posted daily on Instagram.
The reason why people take selfies is many and varied and beyond the scope of this post but I'm sure self love is top of the list.
I can bet whatever unimportant item I own that a lot of people reading this took a selfie today. If you haven't done so, take one now but don't do it in the state of UnCloth.grin

Peace.

The love for selfie these days eh! It's without part 2, and for Tecno to bring up this idea, is commendable. I am definitely sharing mine too
Re: The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. by TappGroupNG: 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
Be like say I go join o.
Seriously though, this tecno brand is really coming up with good ideas
Re: The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. by Behankey(m): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
I've done my own XSelfieChallenge. Now I'm just waiting for Tecno to pick me as a winner so I can get hold of the upcoming Camon CX grin
Re: The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. by scarycuteface(m): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
Sounds interesting and fun. Maybe I should put in an entry for the fun of it and see where it will end up. I fit be lucky and win a Tecno Camon CX or a trip to London
Re: The Selfie Craze: Love Thyself. by paolokonqueror(m): 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
Lol the phones we use influence us in a huge way! imagine having a phone like the Camon CX (with the rumoured specs) why won't you have a selfie craze

(1) (Reply)

Tecno D1 / Urgent, Pls I Need Your Advice On A Phone For Around 30-35k / SAD NEWS - Whatsapp To Stop Working On Nokia S40,s60 And Blackberry From June 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.