Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) (1944 Views)

Japan Launches The World Thinnest And Lightest Phone / Please Who Knows What Application Was Used To Edit This Picture? / Man Buys And Destroys 15 Iphones After Attendant Insulted Him (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Henzyworld(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
A disconnected phone booth in Otsuchi, Japan, known as “the phone of the wind” is being used by many people to reach out to deceased loved ones.

It was set up by a local man identify as Itaru Sasaki who lost his cousin in the tragedy so he could talk to him one last time,this occurred when an earthquake hit japan 2011 which took the lives of 15000 people leaving many people mourning for the lost of their loved one
“My thoughts couldn’t be relayed over a regular phone line. I wanted them to be carried on the wind,” Itaru said.

Since then thousands of people have used “the phone of the wind” to cope with their losses.

Itaru stated: “No matter how hard it is, hope makes life worth living.”

Many locals began using the phone booth to talk to those they lost during the devastating earthquake that struck the region in 2011.

The 9.0 earthquake is best known for being the cause of a massive tsunami that caused the meltdown of the Fukushimi Daiichi powerplant. The earthquake and its after effects took the lives of over 15 000 people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke-H5EEqvRs

Source: http://henzyworld.com/2017/03/15/phone-of-the-wind-used-to-talk-with-dead-loved-ones-in-japan-photos-video/

Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by casttlebarbz(m): 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
nice 1
Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by acenazt: 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
4 Real!? Oya I Need 2 Talk 2 My Padi. Maybe Him Fit Check Full Tym Scores,correct Scores,goal Scorer,margin,yellow Card And corners For Saturday N Sunday Bet9ja.
Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
human being sha... once your dead your dead...you got no business with the living...
Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Csami(m): 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
acenazt:
4 Real!? Oya I Need 2 Talk 2 My Padi. Maybe Him Fit Check Full Tym Scores,correct Scores,goal Scorer,margin,yellow Card And corners For Saturday N Sunday Bet9ja.

Dude, you're crazily funny grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Simeony007(m): 9:56am On Mar 16, 2017
Cool need to ask my dad where he kept the details for the Wema Bank cos I know he collects money from tenants and always say no change.

1 Like

Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by chudyprince: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
human being sha... once your dead your dead...you got no business with the living...
really? then why are humans and places being haunted by the departed?
Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by mrfm1: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2017
Impossicant!
Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
chudyprince:
really? then why are humans and places being haunted by the departed?

lol... no departed has ever haunted any living bro...

it's all in our mind... our guilty conscience hunt us.... and the devil messes with your head... makes you think you're being hunted by the dead.....

*there are a lot things dark forces are capable of..

1 Like

Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Henzyworld(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2017
Na that one dey important for you lol
acenazt:
Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by sorextee(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2017
Wake me up wen it hits fp.. Since topics from this section reaches fp after few weeks.. The slowest journey in the whole Nl section..

1 Like

Re: ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) by Henzyworld(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Easy Way To Remove Netalpha Virus From Your Smartphone / OPPO F3 Plus - One Of The Most Authentic Smartphone / Infinix Hot 4lte For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.