Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How To Get A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get A Job (537 Views)

When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / How To Turn A Rejection Into A Job Opportunity / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Job by DeLioncourt: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
Finding it hard to get a job? Follow this thread. The country doesn’t care about your welfare. Epp yourself. Share to epp a job seeker

Nigeria’s current unemployment rate is 13.9% and this not of the whole population ooo…it’s 13.9% of the labour force.

The way your CV is prepared tells a lot about you. Some people never get called back because their CV is like ghanian jollof…unappealing.

Your CV shud intrigue d employer. Hello sir or ma…hype yourself. Stop putting swimming and listening to music if ure applying to a bank.

Ur area of focus shud be ur skills. If u attended one german class and u can say small stuff in german..add it! Can speak Basic German.

Also, know d contents of ur CV like u know all the players on ur favorite team or ur favorite TV show.

Submit ur CV to as many places as u can..even if u don’t meet all d requirements. Ur skills might just be attractive enuf to warrant a call.

After submitting ur beefcake of a CV, wait for a test invite or a call for an interview depending on the company’s system.

Aptitude test. Usually basic English and maths…but some employers can be wicked…like PWC and KPMG..better read well

Answer as many questions as u can. Don’t dwell on one question. If ure somehow dull, just do tumbo tumbo. U might be lucky and pass

Preparing for d interview is where a lot of people get themselves kicked out. Nigga, buy a fucking suit!!! Don’t wear packet shirt only.

Ur buffness is not employers business. Hide it inside the suit. Get a clean cut and shave ur beards if ur a guy or a girl that cuts her hair

oda girls shud do neat braids…or a simple weave or some oda simple shit. Don’t carry house on ur head. U cant appear richer than ur employer.

Girls shud know d appropriate amount of cleavage to show…a woman might be on the panel n she will Bleep U UP..esp if ur boobs are big

Enter d room n greet. Yoruba people…please do not prostrate… izz nor necessary…ure not applying for town hall secretary.

U must have good knowledge of the role u applied for. Don’t get confused when they ask what u applied for…it’s all attempted fuckery

Listen to d questions ure asked n answer confidently…talk like ure in a business meeting with ur mates. Show no fear or they will eat u raw.

When they ask u to tell dem abt urself…avoid narrating how ur family line descended directly from oduduwa and sango.

Tell them abt ur objectives n aspirations in relation to d job. Don’t go to a bank n tell dem how u always wanted to be an astronaut. Use sense..

The first big question…WHAT IS UR GREATEST WEAKNESS…please don’t say fried plantain. It may be funny..but u may remain jobless and funny.

The best answer I have for this is “I never give up and it may lead to me obsessing over my work and putting it before every other thing”

Spin it and rephrase it how u wish…if u have a better answer, use it. Don’t tell dem lateness runs in ur family ooo. Honesty is not the best policy.

Next big question. WHERE DO U SEE URSELF IN 5 YEARS. Please…please…don’t tell them of ur dream to be a footballer…or a fish farmer

They want to hear ur dreams in relation to the company. How do u see urself growing or impacting the company.

The asnwers to this question vary..so u have to figure out one by urself in relation to ur field of study or field of job applied to.

Remember to always remain calm…smile, avoid stuttering while u speak. Keep ur damn hands to urself and don’t gesticulate. Its not acting school

If u don’t know d answer to a question, think for some seconds and reply “I know this but it’s not coming to me right now”

NEVER REPLY WITH “I DON’T KNOW”. Nobody wants to hire a liability. Have u worked without supervision befr? YES.

Never say anything negative abt urself, ur former employer, ur former workmates, ur school… never say anything negative. Period.

Goodluck and Happy Job Hunting...

Ask any questions you may have...feel free to add ur opinions

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job by captain247: 4:58am On Mar 17, 2017
DeLioncourt:
Finding it hard to get a job? Follow this thread. The country doesn’t care about your welfare. Epp yourself. Share to epp a job seeker

Nigeria’s current unemployment rate is 13.9% and this not of the whole population ooo…it’s 13.9% of the labour force.

The way your CV is prepared tells a lot about you. Some people never get called back because their CV is like ghanian jollof…unappealing.

Your CV shud intrigue d employer. Hello sir or ma…hype

yourself. Stop putting swimming and listening to music if ure applying to a bank.

Ur area of focus shud be ur skills. If u attended one german class and u can say small stuff in german..add it! Can speak Basic German.

Also, know d contents of ur CV like u know all the players on ur favorite team or ur favorite TV show.

Submit ur CV to as many places as u can..even if u don’t meet all d requirements. Ur skills might just be attractive enuf to warrant a call.

After submitting ur beefcake of a CV, wait for a test invite or a call for an interview depending on the company’s system.

Aptitude test. Usually basic English and maths…but some employers can be wicked…like PWC and KPMG..better read well

Answer as many questions as u can. Don’t dwell on one question. If ure somehow dull, just do tumbo tumbo. U might be lucky and pass

Preparing for d interview is where a lot of people get themselves kicked out. Nigga, buy a fucking suit!!! Don’t wear packet shirt only.

Ur buffness is not employers business. Hide it inside the suit. Get a clean cut and shave ur beards if ur a guy or a girl that cuts her hair

oda girls shud do neat braids…or a simple weave or some oda simple shit. Don’t carry house on ur head. U cant appear richer than ur employer.

Girls shud know d appropriate amount of cleavage to show…a woman might be on the panel n she will Bleep U UP..esp if ur boobs are big

Enter d room n greet. Yoruba people…please do not prostrate… izz nor necessary…ure not applying for town hall secretary.

U must have good knowledge of the role u applied for. Don’t get confused when they ask what u applied for…it’s all attempted fuckery

Listen to d questions ure asked n answer confidently…talk like ure in a business meeting with ur mates. Show no fear or they will eat u raw.

When they ask u to tell dem abt urself…avoid narrating how ur family line descended directly from oduduwa and sango.

Tell them abt ur objectives n aspirations in relation to d job. Don’t go to a bank n tell dem how u always wanted to be an astronaut. Use sense..

The first big question…WHAT IS UR GREATEST WEAKNESS…please don’t say fried plantain. It may be funny..but u may remain jobless and funny.

The best answer I have for this is “I never give up and it may lead to me obsessing over my work and putting it before every other thing”

Spin it and rephrase it how u wish…if u have a better answer, use it. Don’t tell dem lateness runs in ur family ooo. Honesty is not the best policy.

Next big question. WHERE DO U SEE URSELF IN 5 YEARS. Please…please…don’t tell them of ur dream to be a footballer…or a fish farmer

They want to hear ur dreams in relation to the company. How do u see urself growing or impacting the company.

The asnwers to this question vary..so u have to figure out one by urself in relation to ur field of study or field of job applied to.

Remember to always remain calm…smile, avoid stuttering while u speak. Keep ur damn hands to urself and don’t gesticulate. Its not acting school

If u don’t know d answer to a question, think for some seconds and reply “I know this but it’s not coming to me right now”

NEVER REPLY WITH “I DON’T KNOW”. Nobody wants to hire a liability. Have u worked without supervision befr? YES.

Never say anything negative abt urself, ur former employer, ur former workmates, ur school… never say anything negative. Period.

Goodluck and Happy Job Hunting...

Ask any questions you may have...feel free to add ur opinions

Nice one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VACANCY!!! Newly Established Financial & Investment Firm Based In Port Harcourt / Job Vacancy / Microfinance Bank Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.