Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

It Might Be You - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Might Be You (555 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Might Be You by princemozyk(m): 8:07am On Mar 17, 2017
Hellow this is my first story in Nairaland blog, I like the way you right and enjoy the creativity writers have got in Nairaland. It's story love story that contains;Romance,Passion,Betrayal and etc. it also contains some of our country slangs(Kenya) well explained enjoy cool an comment will be accepted.

Chapter 1. IT MIGHT BE YOU

Mazak sat reading for the following day trial test, he had be doing for the last five hours without a break, suddenly he stopped and glance at his class mates betting, this time round he could suspect the bet was one the new girl, who just arrived a week before resuming back for the first term of their last round in the lower level education. Maz was not interested in the betting it was his final round in primary education he had to work on his grades to get scholarship to prestige high school in their country and all he could think his time was minimal despite of being the top of his school.
He came from a very humble background his biological father passed away when he was two; he was too young to recall unfortunately he could remember every event, her mum now was married to another man(drunken) so she use to toil for her fees, food, rent and all basic needs. Whenever Maz thought of that he would stick on his books like his life depended on it, his late predecessor use to own big companies, after his depart it was all vanity not even a single coin was left for them, the life was hell on them he had to start school late due to bankruptcy, finally when the life had given them a chance her mother opened a small grocery which stood for all there caters now…..”Hey dude aren’t you betting today”, a guy cuts shot his thoughts, “eeh...eeh! Unasema (what are you saying)” Maz, “wewe! (Hey) was I talking to my self all along?” Burton, “Pole nilikuwa mbali (sorry I was lost in thoughts)” “Is it something that you can share” “nothing much really” “Come on dude!” “Well it’s about next week cat” “forget it bookworm….so I was asking if you are betting.” “Mmmmh! (holding his chin), zii hai wes make (sorry am not in)” “hey dude what’s up give it a try, izo doh ni most manze (that is a lot of cash dude) can’t risk to let it go that way.” “How much is it?” “6k, 12 guys are betting each 500” “Oooh! Interesting, so have placed your bet?” “Zii bado (Not yet)” “Na unangoja nini (And what are you waiting for?” “You of Corse (with a smile on his face)” “But I have already told you am out! (Frowning)” “Come on dude, remember you owe me one (sarcastically)” “Yeah but I don’t have that kind of cash” “Okay I will take care of that(sarcastic smile), all you have to do is tell me if you are in or not”, Maz(shrug) “Okay I will take that as a yes” “Okay so what is the plan?” “Okay (He comes close to him), the bet is on Esther, the daughter of the ambassador, it only about getting his first kiss and before the end of the first term and you are done there” “I am? What about you” “I am not in, am going to fund it” “what do you mean if I lose? Come on dude can’t believe you putting me in these” “Hey! Don’t pretend as if you don’t know you are the hottest dude Shem group of schools (he smiles)” Maz was the cutest guy in Shem group of schools he had won Mr. Shem crown countless times since he join; fair brown skin he like a black American, light curvy hair, hazel sexy eyes, pinked lipped, average body size, for those who saw his twin Mezak would agree that they resembled though his twin was a lady. He continues “there is no way you are going to lose and if you do then you didn’t give it a try” “Are you kidding me! (smiles as he knock his friend) no one is an ogre especially you” Ton was cute but compared to Maz he was miles away, shot, fat brilliant; had helped Maz catch up in studies in some areas. He continues “fine dude, am in see you later (moves his glance back to the book) “Sawa bookworm…Mmmmh that makes me wonder why do genius fellows like you do with books…anyway ntakuona matime (see you later)” said as he moved away.
The daughter of the ambassador sat on the Fans benches at the rugby grounds watching the players in the pitch, her two friends; Ruby and Kanji, “Essy one two weeks to end term you are still the queen of suitors” Kanji shifted her a friends attention from the pitch “still one more to go….Mmmmh talking about the guy with the ball in hand the guy with the ball in hand” (points at the guy with on the pitch) “Oooh! (Sarcastic look) he is talking about Mr. Shem, come on girl forget about that one”, Ruby comments “why does he have a prayer partner or a gf?” Essy asks, “Yeah! Of course his crazy books and the games he is committed to” Kanji comments “come on girl be straight, in short Essy that guy only has time for his books and school activities” Ruby clarifies, “Oooh! What a waste for a handsome guy like that” Essy continues “so how can get to meet him in private alone?” “There is only one way to get his attention….books get questions take it to him then, from there you can juggle your on balls...” “Great idea Kanji, for a bookworm that will work” “Hey Ruh, Essy we have to go it’s getting late” Kanji say as she beckons the girls...
Re: It Might Be You by princemozyk(m): 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
The daughter of the ambassador sat on the Fans benches at the rugby grounds watching the players in the pitch, her two friends; Ruby and Kanji, “Essy one two weeks to end term you are still the queen of suitors” Kanji shifted her a friends attention from the pitch “still one more to go….Mmmmh talking about the guy with the ball in hand the guy with the ball in hand” (points at the guy with on the pitch) “Oooh! (Sarcastic look) he is talking about Mr. Shem, come on girl forget about that one”, Ruby comments “why does he have a prayer partner or a gf?” Essy asks, “Yeah! Of course his crazy books and the games he is committed to” Kanji comments “come on girl be straight, in short Essy that guy only has time for his books and school activities” Ruby clarifies, “Oooh! What a waste for a handsome guy like that” Essy continues “so how can get to meet him in private alone?” “There is only one way to get his attention….books get questions take it to him then, from there you can juggle your on balls...” “Great idea Kanji, for a bookworm that will work” “Hey Ruh, Essy we have to go it’s getting late” Kanji say as she beckons the girls...
The squad had been practicing for Simba match for a month now, the couch was sure that they are going to retain the junior championship…he stopped from his thought of victory and looked at his wrist it was time (as blew the whistle and beckoned his team out of the ground) “Manze (dude) Maz we are running out of time, you haven’t even made a move” Ton told “patience Ton we are the last laugh is always the best anyway we have a championship to talk about” “Okay if you say so but remember if you don’t even try you will pay me back that cash, I swear as a punishment it will suit you”(frowning) “relax dude I have it under control…so what do you think about our next opponents the Pirates?” “well we have smashed them in several marches since the first year so I don’t think they should be a problem” (shrugs) “Never under estimate your opponents manze (dude)” “okay as you say, but I think the couch can handle that Mr. Shem” (sarcastically) “hey guys we don’t have all afternoon over here kimbia (run)” the couch shouts at the edge of the pitch, the players haste the speed a bit towards him, he looked at the fixtures of the games the K-lions where the first in there pool he frowned; K-lions were the dominating champions over the east they never got to meet them on the pitch and never understood there strategy they had been banned five years ago with other four national clubs during the final matches which were at KRFU national grounds due to the fight after the Championship match, the all teams were threat to the Championship title, dominant in matches hence given the name ‘Big four’ they back and thirst for the title…
“Hey couch what’s up” Maz “aah…aah…Sorry what did u just say?” “Curious…do you think we can win?” “It depends with how we play our cards this time round the matches are tight”, (he takes a deep breath) continues “The Big Four are back...” Ton cuts in “What I thought they were B...) “yes but they are back, we need more practice so tight on you belts, as for now no comments, you are dismissed” (he says as he moves.****
The Essy browsed through her locker thinking on what book to take “finally these will do for today” her s as pulled out mathematics book “Hey girl are you talking to yourself?” David one of her classmates asked (smile) “sure and how is it your business if I may ask? Anyway have you seen Mr. Shem? “Hey slow down girl, so is it him next on your list after toying with me? (Frowns)” “if that is what you will call it am fine with it, if you don’t mind I have some business to handle (she excuse herself and walks away)” “you might resemble Rihanna…trust me he won’t even give you a look” he shouts at her back as she moves away.
Dolphin sat at the reading table her eyes focused on the algorithms, her twin sister Rita one the bed listening to some music from her Iphone7. The two really resembled they got looks from their mother; in the art of the smoky eyes. Follow they lead and pair it with a nude lips and simple, chic ponytail, looks absolutely stunning with their signature glossy nude pout, bronzed skin and soft wavy hombre locks. “Hey Dolly what you are planning for the next swimming championship it’s in two weeks’ time remember…” Dolphin interrupts “Give me a break Rita I have over 20 pages to cover so that I can start thinking about the tournament” “hey I know but you have been reading for a whole week without even a break, don’t you think it’s poisonous” “come on Rita you are acting as if you don’t know I have we have two weeks to exam” “and so?” “So I have to catch up” “ooh really stop acting like a bookworm we all know that these family is full of genius species except from...” “Don’t even go there Max is your brother…anyway I got a dream to catch, so G-sot (suit yourself)” “really okay… dear bookworm sister” says she covers herself. Dolphin was really brilliant same to her sister however she never sat back because they had natural inheritance from their dad who was a one who was a living genius engineer on earth, though their dad was able to pay for any of prestigious private high schools, still Dolly wanted to go to Cavani one of the best public schools so she kept browsing books like a living professor….

(1) (Reply)

Christopher Okigbo's 87th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Lesson On Emotions : Every Sunday / Sweet Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.