Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Could This Be Love (my Boss) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Could This Be Love (my Boss) (17998 Views)

Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 / Could This Be Love Season 2[it Runs In The Family] / Could This Be Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
First Rehearsals

Love makes us act like we are fools. Throw our lives away, for one happy day.

The sound of distant snoring slowly woke Kim from her much needed sleep. Despite her best efforts to go back to sleep both the sunlight coming in from the window and the snoring kept her from returning to her pleasant dreams. Half awake she began to look around, trying to figure out where the annoying noise was coming from or why she had forgotten to close her blinds.

It was only when her pillow started moving underneath her that she woke up enough to remember where she was. The snoring getting louder in her ear as she felt a small pressure around her waist tighten, pulling her closer against the slowly rising and falling pillow.

Looking up careful not to move too much and risk waking John up Kim could just barely see his head leaning back against the wall. His head turned away from in the window in an attempt to block the sunlight. Despite his strong jaw line and the slight stubble appearing on his chin his entire face seemed to soften as he slept. He'd almost have a childlike innocence to him if it weren't for the broad muscles across his chest.

The broad muscles Kimberly just realized she had been sleeping on all night.

Trying her best to keep from overreacting she carefully moved his arm off her waist, laying it across his chest in place of her weight. Slowly she inched down from the window seat to pick up her clothes she could only assume Mark had left on the coffee table. The wood floor creaked slightly underneath her feet as she went to pick up her dance bag from the couch.

Too preoccupied with trying to be quiet Kimberly hadn't even noticed the fact the snoring had stopped.

"Goin' somewhere..?" John's groggy voice muttered from behind her.

Feeling her cheeks heat up at being caught Kim slowly turned around, keeping the bathrobe tight around her.

"I shouldn't have fallen asleep," she said, slowly making her way back to John. "Thank you for letting me stay."

With a groan John sat up, stretching himself out from having slept in such an odd position. His muscles straining as he forced them awake. Kimberly found it nearly impossible to keep from staring. If she hadn't known better she would have thought his little show was on purpose.

"You don't have to thank me, Kimberly. Though next time you stay over maybe we should at least sleep on the couch." A small smile waking up his face easily.

Sitting back beside John Kimgave him a playful shove, managing to move him back against the wall easily while he chuckled. He didn't seem like much of a morning person and had the sunlight not been so bright she doubted it would've taken him very long to fall back asleep. The sweet glances he made back to her however, almost made him seem happy to be awake so early.

"What makes you think I'd want to stay over again?" She asked, helping him calm his hair down.

"I…I don't know," John said genuinely searching for a reason. "Because I want you to?"

Kimberly felt her hands drop from his hair, her heartbeat picking up like it had back in the grotto. Slowly she began to realize how many times she had wanted to be close to him like they were then or how his eyes always seemed to darken slightly whenever they were together.

She almost didn't want to believe he meant it in the way she thought she did for fear of being let down, but at the same time she wanted him to mean every word.

"Then next time we can sleep on the couch," she managed to get out. Her face barely inches away from his.

Whether it was the fact neither of them were fully awake or the fact they'd just realized how badly they wanted each other Kim wasn't sure. But before she could even register her own body moving closer to his she felt his lips against hers. Her hands reaching around his shoulders to pull herself closer to him as she kissed back, his hands holding her face gently.

For someone so much larger than herself John was incredibly tender, almost as if he couldn't believe what they were doing either. With a small smile Kim kissed him a bit harder finding it incredibly easy to fit herself onto his lap. They could've stayed in that position for hours and Kimberly certainly wanted to, but the sound of someone clearing their throat across the room quickly pulled them apart. Kim's hands shooting down to make sure the robe hadn't moved apart as she scooted offJohn's lap as he adjusted his position.

"Good morning…" Mark said, too tired to bother with teasing John. "I would've knocked, but there isn't a door."

John's face seemed to have turned the same shade of red as the throw pillows on the couch. "So you thought just standing there would be better?"

"Relax you prat, I was going to the kitchen. The last thing I want to see in the morning is you snogging our friend." Mark rolled his eyes, making his way through the living room to head into the kitchen. "By the way, good morning Kim."

"Morning," she said, thankful she didn't blush as brightly as John.

"If you two are done in there I was going to make breakfast." Mark's voice came from the room next door along with the distinct sound of pans being banged against cupboard walls. "Though John ate all the bacon, we still have eggs and I can make pancakes."

Trying not to bump into John Kimberly got back up, checking the clock on her phone beside her dance bag. She still had to change into proper clothes and if she didn't hurry she'd be late on her first real day.

"Do you mind if I take mine to go Mark? I slept through my alarm."

"Johns snoring can do that." The glare John shot towards the kitchen erased any childlike drowsiness on his face. "I'll make something quick."
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Bleep The rehearsal had been going on for little more than an hour beforeSerena lost interest. She was a far better dancer than many of the girls Dakota had cast in big roles and she knew it.

It took all her self-restraint to keep from marching up onto the stage just to put the girls back in their place.

She instead resigned herself to sitting back at the bar with Reed and several others of the male dancers. The rehearsal was mainly to allowDakota chance to see how her new leads moved in order to build a show around them. It took time to make the product worth its price tag. And though Serenahad been doing her best to sweet talk her way into a partnership with Kim Dakota seemed to have her own plans for the girl.

It was almost sickening watching the dancers fawn over her trying to recreate the moves Serena had taught her. It was even worse to admit that she was good at them.

"She's almost as good as you were."

Only for Serena apparently.

Slowly she turned her head back to see Reed smiling down at her from the other side of the bar, a cup of coffee in his hands to try and hide the fact he'd been out all night again.

"It's only because I've been helping her. She still doesn't know how to move in the dance shoes though. She almost sprained her ankle last time she tried them." Serena went back to watching the girls practice.

"That is how you get them isn't it? You break their feet and then manage to have learned all their steps," Reed said with a chuckle. "Has Dakota told her about the investor yet?"

"I'm sure she will in private," Serena scoffed.

"She doesn't want her little flower getting jumpy over her price. She needs her to trust her."

The smile on Kimberly's face as she danced made Serena's heart sink. She could still remember her first time dancing for Dakota and being pulled aside to be told how much money she could bring the theater.

In retrospect she could tell how every word out of Dakota's mouth was just a gentle way of saying she was only worth what the investors wanted for her.

Kimberlywas every inch as naïve and hopeful as she had been. By the time she realized what Dakota wanted from her it would be to late to say no.

"Dakota's going to ruin her,"Serena said, watching Kim carefully.

"Serena, if Dakota doesn't ruin her, you will." Reed turned back to watch the dancers. "The spotlight is only big enough for one person and you know it."

Bleep John had been waiting outside the theater as soon as his morning business calls were handled. He had never been good at taking extended vacations but he'd be damned if he had to leave any sooner than absolutely necessary. Especially after that morning.

He could barely stay focused during the calls as his mind started to drift back to Kim. Mark even managed to slip giving John an uncooked egg past him for a good ten minutes before he caught on. He couldn't get his mind off her no matter how hard he tried.

Thankfully he didn't have to wait long before the rehearsal let out,Kimberly walking over to his usual waiting spot with a smile.

"Do you ever do anything around here besides waiting for me?" She asked, walking him out of the resort for a change.

"Sometimes, I try not to make a schedule. Vacationing, remember?" He smiled, holding the door for her as they walked out into the city. "Where are we going anyway?"

With a practiced wave Kimberly hailed a cab, throwing her dance bag into the backseat. "I'm going home, I need some new clothes even if Mark washed these. And the next rehearsal isn't for a few more days. Dakota's planning some big party for tomorrow instead."

Taking a seat in the cab Kim motioned for John to join her, catching on to the fact he wasn't too sure about how to ask if he was allowed in. He hadn't found much of a reason to ever get a public cab before but if that was what it took to stick by Kim then so be it. "What kind of party? She usually tells me about those things."

"Something to do with getting money for the next show." Kimberlybquickly gave the driver directions to a part of town John had never visited. "I'm supposed to go wih Serena since she's done those sorts of things before, it's apparently a big deal."

The view from outside the cab quickly became less inviting than the neighborhood around the resort. The buildings looking older and much more in need of attention than the ones he was used to seeing, and the people weren't any different.

"This man is coming to offer a ridiculous amount of money if he likes what he hears, so I'm going to be pretty busy tomorrow." Kim seemed to be avoiding his gaze as they reached a worn down apartment building.

Paying the cabbie she quickly got out, holding the door open for John before heading back up to the building, letting herself in with a kick to the gate in front of the door.

Without a word John followed her in, doing his best to keep from staring at the worn out paint or the occasional open door with an equally worn out owner staring back at him. He didn't doubt that his own watch was worth more than what most of the building's residents made in a year.

"This is my place,"Kim said, stopping beside a brown door with the paint peeling around the edges. "You can come in if you want, there's not much to look at."

Giving the door a small shove with her hip Kimberly walked inside, leaving the door open for John to follow. Making sure he closed the door behind him she hurried through the small living room into a room just out of sight, pushing her way past several cardboard boxes tapped up with different numbers written on their sides.

"You moving?" John asked, careful not to bump into anything as he walked around the apartment.

"Hopefully." Her voice came from the second room. "Dakota gets the leads a place in the resort so she wanted me to move in as soon as the investor signs his contract. I packed most of the stuff yesterday with Serena before the audition. I didn't think I'd actually be moving."

John continued to look around the apartment, seeing a few photos of Kim and another man a few years older than her who had the same bright smile she did. Though they didn't look too similar he assumed they were related somehow. He at least hoped they were.

"You have a brother?" he asked, moving towards the bathroom, spotting a bright orange container by the sink.

"Yeah, his name is Simon. He's out doing something with the army, nothing serious though. He just likes moving around."

"He doesn't look very much like you," John called, picking up the container as he spoke. The pills on the inside moving around as he read the label.

"He looks like our dad," Kim said, her voice coming closer as she walked back to the living room. "I take after my mom… You looking for something Sherlock?"

John quickly dropped the pills, looking back to Kim with a smile, noting her change of clothes before replying. "Just checking the place out, that's all."

"Right," Kim said, obviously not buying it. Walking over to John she pushed him out of the bathroom easily, picking up the container easily. With a simple pop she took off the cap, pouring two white pills into her hand as if to prove to him they were nothing sinister.

"They're pain pills John, nothing to get all jumpy about." To prove her point she took the two in her hand without any water. Serena lent them to me after she started helping me.

Dancing hurts your feet more than you realize." "Sorry," John said, moving back into the living room.

Taking a second look at the apartment John began to notice all the small details that made the place distinctly Kim's. Pictures from old magazines cut and framed on the wall beside pictures of her family, small flowers by the windowsill, little things here and there to distinguish it from just another shabby apartment.

"If the party goes well I'll have a place twice this size," Kim said, putting away the pictures of Simon. "The man is willing to invest fifty grand, at least!"

John couldn't pretend to understand how much that seemed to someone who wasn't in business but judging by Kimberly's tone he knew it was more than she thought was necessary.

"Maybe I should go to help you, I could get him to go up a bit. I work with my father's investors all the time," he said, hoping he didn't sound as though he was bragging.

Kim's face dropped, closing up the box with the pictures quietly. "No, it's not something you can help with," she said before smiling back to him. "Dakota said he only wants to talk to me, since I'll be the one carrying the show. But I'll bring you and Mark some leftovers from the dinner, okay?"

John nodded, not entirely sure what made Kim's mood change for a moment. Walking over to her side he kissed her forehead, hoping that would help calm her down.

"That would be great. I'm sure it'll go fine," he said, smiling down to her. "He'll love you, I know businessmen and your worth far more than fifty grand."

Kimberlylaughed, shoving his chest lightly to try and hide the pink tint across her cheeks.

"You're an idiot… but thank you. I'll try not to have too much fun with all those stuffy business people." She smirked, going back to packing different things around the apartment. John chuckled, helping wherever he could. He was glad to see her relax after a while but the idea of her with a man willing to pay so much without even knowing what he was getting into kept gnawing at the back of his head. He knew businessmen and he certainly didn't trust them.

And he certainly didn't want to share Kimberly with one of them either.
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
what do you guys think about kim naivety. is she taking the right steps and decision. pls your comment is highly appreciated
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by princessadeola(f): 8:41am On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=Nnnena post=54817359]what do you guys think about kim naivety. is she taking the right steps and decision. pls your comment is highly appreciated[/quote/
until she know what she is getting into, she can't but be naive
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Switup: 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
Am here.
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by stephenGee12(m): 10:23am On Mar 23, 2017
Tanks for the mention dear....
Anybody that wants to comment or criticize had beta nt say thrash or else...
Wat happend in the year 2004 will happen again.
Keep it up Nnenna

#teamNnenna....

IREMAINURCERTIFIEDGEE
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by teel123(f): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Kimberly is not Naive but she is in love. But she is blinded not to see that. Dakota is using her for HIDDEN business.
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2017
The Investor

Though nothing would keep us together, we could steal time. Just for one day.

Finding herself without a single thing suitable to wear to the dinner with all her things still being moved into the suite Dakota had picked it seemed the only thing to do was for Kimberly to simply not show up. Serena could just as easily go in her place, and from what the other dancers told her it she sounded far more experienced in getting a man to invest. Serena however, had different plans.

"You must be going crazy," she said when Kimberly came to ask her to take her place. "You know how to do these things don't you?

You'd be better at it than me, and I don't have a dress." Serena's suite was a floor below the one intended for Kimberly, something Dakota made sure to point out when she made the announcement about her being moved in. "I promise I'll do my work the rest of the time I just need a cover for tonight."

Serena groaned, pulling Kim into the apartment without a second thought. The light pink walls a white paneling more than making up for the slightly less impressive view. Serena had been around longer than any other girl in the company aside from Dakota and it showed in the expensive furnishings filling up the room to make it look like something out of an editorial on the rich and famous. A vintage dresser set up against the wall to hold dozens of memorabilia from past shows, the most recent being a diamond necklace long enough to be draped across the dresser doors.

"Did anyone ever bother explaining to you how these things work, Kim? I can't just take your place. The investor wants you." Serena left Serena alone in the living room, heading into her bedroom to dig through closet. "He requested you, that's why Dakota wants you to come. If you don't show up we all lose out on the money. And if we lose out on that money you could be sleeping with the prime minister himself and that wouldn't keep you safe."

The warning slipped past Kimberly as she admired the dresser full of expensive costume pieces. A diamond tiara set in the center on a ivory velvet pillow. It didn't look like a costume piece; it was far too ornate to be useful in any show. It was fit for a princess more than some showgirl.

"Are you listening to me Kim?" Serwna asked, walking back into the living room, a red silk dress in her arms. "I'm serious about this, that man is promising us a new show and I want in. If you don't show up to that dinner both of our chances of getting on stage again are thrown away. I will not let that happen."

Kimberly nodded, looking back over to Serena, having heard about how badly she wanted back in the show before. "I still don't have anything to wear, or know what to do. Why are you and Morgana putting so much faith in me to get this deal?"

"It's not a deal, kim." Serena sighed, handing over the red dress motioning for her to go try it on. "The investor makes the deal with Dakota when he's decided we're worth his money.

You're there because you're what he wants to spend money on. Did Dakota not explain this all to you?"

The dress didn't want to come on easily no doubt because Serena wasn't exactly Kim's size. Their heights were similar, and the waist fit would a problem. It was mainly getting the dress past her hips that seemed difficult.

"No,"Kim said, giving the fabric a final tug to move it passed the curviest part of her body. "She just told me how much he was offering."

Serena was quiet, her gaze dropping as she pulled the tiara off the dresser. "No… I should've figured that'd be how she'd work with you."

Serena's voiced almost seemed sad.

"Kimberly, there isn't much profit in musicals alone and Dakota needs a profit or she loses the company to Collins Grey. So when she realized that she came up with the idea to let customers pay a little extra to meet the dancers, and that grew into them paying a far bit extra to spend some time with the girls.

When she realized how much money men were willing to shill out to spend an hour or two with she began pulling for different 'investors' from all over. These men were willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars just to make sure they got to see their favorite girl on stage and off. Each time there's a new show the lead gets herself an investor and the investor covers all the expenses needed. That means the man your going to meet tonight is the person you have to thank for your new suite and anything else given to you while you work here."
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2017
I would have posted since but was in the village np network at all.
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Kimberly felt her stomach drop. Dakota had told her how badly the investor wanted to meet her and how much she meant to the show, but she had no idea what that all even meant at the time. Now that the truth about her job was coming out Kim began to regret letting her old place go on the market.

"Does that mean you had an investor?" she asked quietly, feeling Serena walk over to her to help her finish dressing.

"I had several. That tiara in the dresser was the first gift I had gotten from one." Serena closed the zipper of the dress easily, starting to do up Kim's hair with an assortment of fine jewelry.

"If you play your cards right with this one you'll have something like that in no time… Kim, what we do is an art. It sounds dirty and gritty and Dakota could care less about what happens as long as she's paid but we're artists.

On stage you make people believe in a fantasy world and offstage you make the men believe whatever is going to keep them happy."

The sudden tenderness from Serena surprised Kim. She had been helpful in the past but always for her own benefit. Something about the gentleness she had while fixing up her hair almost made Kim believe she felt sorry for her.

For the first time, Kimberly saw just how similar their paths must look.

"And if I don't want to keep him happy?"

"Then we're both on the street with Dakota after us for the money she's losing." Serena moved Kimberly over to her vanity, sitting her down to allow her to help with the makeup.

"When I had my first investor I had to learn how to pretend to like his company quick. You want my advice?"

Kim nodded, letting the woman do whatever she felt was necessary to fix her up.

"Don't think of who your with, don't even think about who you want to be with," Serena said, holding Kim's chin up to look her in the eyes.

"When you look at that man, think about everything that making him happy will get you. I guarantee if you look at him like you'd look at the marquee with your name in lights you'll have him eating out of the palm of your hand."
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Bleep The restaurant had been reserved exclusively for Dakota's dinner. Guests had been turned away and offered a second choice as to where they could go free of charge. John had to practically beg Dakota to allow him to join her.

On the condition that he come without Mark and refrained from speaking during any serious matter she finally agreed to let him join.

Mark hated the idea of being left behind but ultimately he knew it was for the best. If John's suspicions about the men Kimberly was set to meet were even close to accurate than it was worth it if at least one of them could watch out for her.

Truth be told John was ready to break into the dinner unannounced after finding the pills in Kimberly's place along with the mention of how much money was on the line. Something didn't feel right and he was far past trying to reason things out when his kimberly's well being could be at stake.

His Kimberly. There was a phrase he wouldn't have thought would have come up so soon.

As he sat beside Dakota he soon realized just how quickly he'd fallen for Kimberly. He wanted to believe in love and all the fairytale nonsense Mark prattled on about but he could never understand feeling whole when another person was beside him. It was all childish and he hadn't thought about the merit to Mark's words in ages.

Yet the second he had the chance to kiss Kimberly the other morning he found himself unable to imagine living without knowing the feeling of her lips on his. In just those few seconds he had decided to give her his entire heart in the hopes that she would need him as badly as she needed her.

He had been so wrapped up in his thoughts about Kim that he failed to realize when a tall well dress man joined them at the table, sitting directly across from him and Dakota. His dark hair slicked back to show off his evenly tanned skin. Out of everyone at the table he was the only man who's suit could rival John's in price.

"So sorry we're late Dakota," the man said, flashing the two a bright smile. "Chris could send me proper directions so it took a while to wait for a cab."

John turned his attention to the man as he spoke. Under any other circumstance he would've struck John as someone trustworthy and harmless. Years of watching his father deal with investors however, taught him that those kinds of men were the ones to watch out for.

"I doubt he could find the place on his own anyway," Dakota chuckled. "Don't worry about it, our girl isn't here yet either. You have to give diva's their time you know."

The man laughed, welcoming Dakota's elder bookkeeper to the seat beside him. John trusted the newer man even less than he trusted the one in front of him but by the way he kept his glance down towards his phone he doubted he had any real interest in Kim.

The only real threat came from the fact the man across from him seemed just as eager to see her walk in as John was.

"A diva needs a show Dakota." A silky voice came from behind the table as the old lead stepped forward in an ivory gown. "We've got a way to go before you can start calling her that."

All head's turned to the woman behind them, Dakota's eyes narrowing at the sight of her.

John could just barely remember her as the lead from the first show he had seen. She seemed sharper than when he had seen her before and if he didn't know better he would have said she seemed to be threatening Dakota by simply showing up.

He couldn't give the two women a second thought however, as Kimberly walked over to the table from behind the other woman before Dakota could get a word in. The red gown she wore clinging to her curves in the most delicious manner. Its sleeves falling off her shoulder to showcase her collarbone and just how high the bodice was pushing her chest up.

Had they been alone he doubted he would've been able to keep from trying to rip it off her the moment she walked into the room. It was only when he noticed the man across from him sharing the same thought that he pulled himself out of his fantasizing.

"I'm sorry for taking so long," Kim said, holding back a giggle when both John and the investor stood up to pull a chair out for her. "I had a little trouble finding something to wear."

"You look perfect." The investor said, giving Dakota a quick glance before she sent Kim to sit beside him.

John slowly sat himself back down, being joined by Serena where he had expected Kim to sit. Her own gaze lingering on the man beside Kimberly as the two started talking.

"Kimberly, this is Luscious. Luscious, this is Kimberly. She'll be our company's new star with the next production," Dakota said, keeping a close eye on both Serena and John.

"She's quite the showgirl. I wouldn't be surprised if she sold the theater out faster than Serena did."

"Dakota!" Kim said, a slight pink tint covering her cheeks. "I'm still learning sir, she's just trying to make me sound better than I am."

"She still has a lot to learn until she's as good as I was," Serena said, seeming unfazed by Dakota's comment. "She's still brand new, no one else has seen her on stage."

Luscious's eyes never left Kim as he moved an arm around her chair, smiling at her with an innocent that made John sick to his stomach.

"I'm sure you'll do wonderfully, Kimberly," he said, his arm finding its way across her shoulders with a practiced fluidity that even John lacked. "I hope you don't mind if I get the front table for your opening night. I'd hate to miss seeing you dance up close."

The man's innocent smile could barely hide meaning of his words and to John's pleasure the look of surprise on Kimberly's face made it clear that she had caught on as well. There was no way she'd put up with his ogling at her like one of the other dancers John had seen.

To his shock however, Kimberly's look of surprised quickly melted away into a small smile as she leaning into Luscious with a playfulness John had thought reserved for him.

"When we have a show I'll be sure to save you a seat, thought if you come by a rehearsal you wont even have to worry about that," she said with a smile as John suddenly lost his appetite.

The two continued their teasing, occasionally being pushed along by Serena when there was the threat of a silence. John could barely stand to listen to it long enough for the first course to arrive and by the time it did he found himself faking a call from Mark in order to excuse himself.

He left the table in such a hurry he didn't even have time to notice Kimberly's gaze leave the doting investor to follow him out of the room, her smile fading just as quickly as his appetite had.
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 9:40am On Mar 29, 2017
Bleep The dinner couldn't have ended quick enough as far as Kimberly was concerned. No amount of encouraging smiles from Serena or kind words from Luscious kept the image John hurrying out of the restaurant from her mind. If she had her way she would have followed him out the second he stood up, but both Dakota and Luscious's gazes kept her from even moving out of her chair.

It wasn't until the older man at the table mentioned making a deal with Dakota that she and Luscious left, giving Kimberly just enough time to leave. Without a second look to Serena or Dakota leaving Kim quickly followed the same path John had. Praying she'd catch him waiting as she usually did.

The hallway outside the restaurant was empty and her Serena's dress made it nearly impossible to imagine running around in search of where he had gone. If it hadn't been for the empty lobby across the hallway she would have missed the blonde man entirely as he waited for an elevator.

"John!" She tried to ignore the relief in her voice as she hurried into the lobby after him. "John please wait a moment."

"I should get back to Mark, make sure he didn't burn the place down or something," John said, barely able to look Kimberly in the eyes. "And you shouldn't keep your friends waiting either."

"You know he didn't and they aren't my friends."

Kimberly stepped in front of the elevator doors as the started to open, blocking John from leaving her alone again.

She couldn't explain the guilt she felt. She and John had only kissed once and though it was certainly a good kiss it didn't mean they were bound to one another. At least for her. The carefully hidden look of hurt on John's face seemed to argue otherwise.

"You and that Luscious man seemed rather friendly," John said, trying to find a way into the elevator around Kim "I was being nice. If he's who Serena thinks he is then he's offering up a lot of money to get me on stage. I… I need him to like me John.

It's just some innocent flirting," she said, unsure of how much she believed her own words. "I told you not to come anyway so why did you?"

John paused, his deep blue eyes fixed down onto her with steely determination to not show any more emotion than necessary. He knew as well as Kimberly did that neither of them had any right telling the other what not to do after just one kiss. At the same time however, he could not shake the feeling of being led on. "I wanted to make sure you were okay.

Dakota's a cruel person when it comes to getting what she wants and any man putting down that much money out of the blue obviously wants something for it and you're walking around in that dress that I'm surprised you could even manage to sit in and—"

"John!" Kim cut him off before his jealous rambling could go any farther. "I know what I'm getting myself into and I'm completely capable of taking care of myself!"

Kimberly knew John wasn't used to being called out and she wasn't fond of causing trouble but the fact he was acting so possessive without a clear reason was infuriating.

"I'm not some little girl who's going to be parading around after a pretty boy just because he makes her feel special alright? I've got my own job and if I have to entertain a man with a lot of money then I'm going to do that! It was just some smiles and a little flirting, it was harmless!" she said unable to hold herself back, "I don't even have to be explaining this to you, I don't owe you an explanation."

The taller man took a step back, staring down at the smaller woman in awe. It was then that she realized just how badly the kiss had affected John. From the look on his face she could tell he had never considered she didn't see them as a couple. He didn't seem offended or upset. He simply looked hurt.

"Oh," was all he could get out before he had to catch the elevator doors from closing. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come… I thought... I don't know what I thought."

Stepping asideKimberly allowed him into the elevator, the hurt look on his face making her stomach sink down into the pit of her gut. She knew exactly what he thought and that he probably thought she would be far more grateful for his surprise than she was. Had he been any less sincere she would have had half a mind to leave him in the elevator alone.

But damn it all if she wasn't certain that his hurt face would keep her from sleeping for weeks.

"Wait," she said. John just barely managing to stop the door in time to let her follow him inside. "I shouldn't have yelled it's just… Well this is what I want to do, I want to be on stage and I want to have the cute apartment filled with things from shows I've been in and Luscious may be my one ticket there. I don't know what this is between the two of us but if it's going to work you're going to have to accept that I'll need to show him a good time until I get there. Okay?"

There was more than enough room in the elevator for a good amount of space to be put between the two but she still found herself inches away from John. She watched as he contemplated the offer, the cuff of his jacket brushing against her nose as he fixed a flyaway curl on the top of her head. After what had been a considerably long silence Kim found herself worrying that he say no, and losing him scared her a fair deal more than she wanted it to.

"Okay," he finally said. "I just don't want to lose you, Kimberly."

He didn't need to elaborate on why or on what they were. He wouldn't have been given the chance either way. By the time he had said her nameKimberly's lips were already on his, kissing him lightly at first before he kissed back even harder.

As far as she was concerned at the moment the only reason he would lose her was when they had to separate and leave the elevator. And they had a good twenty floors before that came up.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by sexyslim001(f): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Update ooo
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 10:34am On Mar 30, 2017
Diamond Dogs

A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girl's best friend.

At the sound of the elevator reaching the penthouse level Kimberly and John were reluctantly forced to part. The collar of John's shirt hanging around his neck in a creased mess from Kim's arms around his neck while her borrowed dress was now in desperate need of pressing from John's hands roaming and grabbing at her body. The carefully applied lipstick Kimberly had been wearing was now smeared across John's lips, highlighting the smug smile on his face as he helped Kimberly out of the elevator.

The pair could hardly keep themselves from laughing at the turn of events as John attempted to steal another kiss each time Kim slowed to adjust her heels before giving in and removing them completely. Kimberly had known kissing John was enjoyable, but she hadn't expected him to be persistent to keep the kisses going as he was. Had she known she would have forgone wearing any lipstick at all.

"If you don't hurry up I'll be carrying you inside," John said, easily placing a kiss on Kim's forehead.

"It's this dress!" Kim laughed as she pushed the taller man away, attempting to keep up to him as best she could. "Serena doesn't go around running after men."

"And what a shame for men everywhere," John smirked, receiving a hard swat on his arm by Kimberly before moving over to pick her up by her waist easily.

Kim found herself giggling as John carried her into the penthouse, trying her best to slip out from his grasp without falling backwards.

The silk of the dress slipped around only to cause John to hold her tighter before placing her back on the ground. Her attempts to keep from tripping failing as the bunched up silk wrapped around her knees causing her to fall right back into john's arms.

Taking advantage of the moment John stole another kiss, holding Kimberly's hips as she returned the kiss with just as much fervor.

Kim could feel his hands pulling her closer against him as she moved her own up to run her fingers through his now messy blonde hair.

Had it not been for a need of air she doubted they would have parted, as John didn't bother loosing his hold on her hips.

"I-is Mark awake?" Kim asked as she scrambled for a breath.

"I doubt he's here." John kissed across her jaw-line, managing to catch his breath between kisses. "If I don't feed him he goes to find someone who will. He's like a pet."

"John…"

"Fine, fine I'll check." Reluctantly John pulled away from his kisses, moving his head back away from Kimberly before belting loud enough to be heard by anyone walking through the hallway out side the penthouse. "Mark! "

Without a proper warning Kim winced from the power of his voice. She doubted covering her ears would have done much to soften the blow.

Had Mark been in the flat she doubted he could have ignored the call even if he was deep in sleep.

When no answer came John's smug smile grew. His blue eyes dancing in the dim lighting cast throughout the living room from the large window as he looked back to Kim.

"Told you, he'll be back tomorrow," he said, his hands moving up to Kim's waist. "Don't you worry about him now."

Finding herself enchanted by his gaze Kimberly reached up to hold onto the lapels of his jacket, her eyes lowering to admire the traces of her lipstick across his lips and cheek.

"And who should I be worried for then?"

"Mainly that dress, you're practically spilling out of it." John's hands tracing across her back until he grasped onto the dress's zipper. "We'll have to fix that before it gets damaged."

"Hmm, so thoughtful." Kimberly couldn't help but smile, turning around to allow John to undo her dress with ease.

The quick bite of cold air on her back soon replaced by the heat of John's kisses trailing down the back of her neck to the crook of her spine. A sharp gasp escaping her lips as she felt him kiss the back of her neck harder as the dress slipped off, needing a tug to pass her hips before pooling up at her feet.

Kimberly turned to face John, allowing him to lift her out of the pool of silk as she wrapped her legs around his waist. His jacket and tie quickly joining the dress on the floor as he carried her toward the master bedroom. Kim's fingers knotting themselves in his hair as they shared another kiss even more heated than the last.

John held her with ease as he kicked the door closed behind them in case Mark decided to return early. As quickly as the door had closed he moved her to the edge of his bed, freeing his arms to toss his shirt onto the floor as Kimberly worked his pants off just as quickly.

The clothes soon scattered around the bed as Kim pulled him up beside her.

On her knees she almost matched his height though she was still far from matching his size.

Her eyes transfixed on the way his toned muscles moved as he began to kiss her neck. His mutterings about Kimberly's beauty barely reaching her ears before being drowned out by a quiet moan as he nipped a sweet spot on her neck.

Encouraged by the sound John began to kiss the spot harder, lowering Kim's back against his bed with ease. His hands roaming across her body in an attempt to memorize her every curve, grabbing anywhere he can before pushing her legs apart without complaint. His lips trailing down from her neck across her collar bone, taking a moment to kiss any tender spot hard.

Before Kimberly could pull his lips back to his neck she felt his hand trailing down from her thigh to brush across her now heated center.

Her hands gripping his broad shoulders tight as he began to trace circles across the most sensitive spot on her body.

"Tease…" she said with a smirk, her fingers digging into his shoulder blades as he began to put more pressure on the one spot.

The longer John teased her the louder her moans became, her body aching for more than just his touch. Unable to stand being without him any longer she moved one hand from her shoulders to grab at his manhood gently to bring him towards her entrance. Her gentle coaxing more than enough to get her message across as John moved his hand to her wrist, placing her arm above her head as he pushed inside her.

A sharp gasp escaping her lips as she felt just how large he was quickly silenced by John's lips on hers. Kissing him back heavily Kimberly only needed a moment to get used to him before moving her leg around his hips to encourage him to move.

Happily obliging John began to pick up his pace slowly at first before Kimberly began to move her own hips to increase their speed. The kiss breaking as he moaned over the feeling of her tight warmth around him. His moan quickly joined by Kim's as she gripped his shoulders tighter, her nails digging into his skin as she felt a heat starting to build up from the pit of her stomach.

"J-jjohn…" she moaned, her back arching to press herself against him as the feeling grew until it covered her completely.

Gripping onto her hips John only continued to increase the pace, the feeling of Kim tightening around him only encouraging him.

With a kiss to her neck he felt her hands gripping even tighter against his back as she was pushed over the edge.

"O-oh…oh! Joh ...!" The feeling hitting her body like a wave as nearly screamed his name in release to which Joh matched with just as much intensity.

The two clung to each other as their bodies started to relax. Neither seemed to want to move away from the other even when Kim sunk back down against the bed. Their shallow breathing mixed with light laughter in their post- orgasmic state.

Reluctantly John moved from above Kimberly to lie besides her, kissing her cheek sloppily only to elicit more breathless laughter.

"I should make you jealous more often…" she giggled, turning over to face John with a smile.

"As long as I'm whose name your screaming," John said with a smirk.

Weakly giving his chest a shove Kim couldn't help but smile as she moved closer to curl against his side, finding that she already missed the feeling of his arms around her. The two lay side by side in a blissful quiet for a moment as Kim rested her head on John's chest. The rise and fall of his breath lulling her into a calm she couldn't remember having felt beside someone else before.

"In that case," she yawned, wrapping her arm across his chest comfortably. "You have nothing to worry about."

And in that moment no amount of money could convince Kimberly she was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Oyinda8100(f): 7:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Tanx for the update pls we need more
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by sexyslim001(f): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Kim didn't go back to d party again.... thanks for d update kiss
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 10:54am On Mar 31, 2017
Bleep The hours after the dinner were not only a success for John and Kimberly but for Dakota as well. Luscious seemed so enchanted with her lead that after only mentioning how much would be needed to put Kim on stage he was ready to sign any contract passed to him.

Dakota had dealt with her fair share of men vying for Serena's attention but never once did she see someone so ready to please a woman he had to pay to spend time with. She never asked him why he was so interested in Kim simply because it didn't affect the contract, but if he was persistent enough to stick around and fund her shows then she could only see his enthusiasm as a good thing. As far as she could tell the man seemed to think he was already in a relationship with Kimberly after their dinner.

With luck she would have the two together enough to not even have to worry about Kimberly changing her mind.

She would have shared the good news with her new favorite at the book meeting the next day had she bothered to show up on time. The meeting wasn't crucial for Kim as it only dealt with the story they wanted to use for their next show as her part would be determined mainly by Dakota but her absence was noted.

Too much money was on the line for Kimberly to start acting as though she made the rules.

Even Serena who had seemed glued to the girl's side for the sole purpose of vexing Dakota had no idea as to what would be keeping their lead from showing up.

"She may have just slept in late," Serena said to Kim's defense. "She'll show up."

The rehearsal had been pushed past lunch to try and accommodate for whatever was holding her up but Dakota had dealt with enough inconveniences with Serena to be open to diva in her company. Just as her temper was close to boiling over the theater doors flung open as the small woman was ushered in with the help of the bartender.

"I'm so sorry! I lost my phone and my alarm didn't go off and—"

"Quiet!" Dakota's voice rang through the empty theater with an impressive clarity that caused the dancers around her to shrink back. "I understand you're new to all this, but we do not tolerate absences once rehearsal begins.

Kimberly, you're very important here. Do not think that means I'm against having you sleep from the cat walk if that's what it takes to have you here on time."

The smaller woman nodded, her hands pulling at the collar of her jacket to keep it as close to her neck as possible. Dakota vaguely noticed the small discoloring of the skin she was attempting to cover before Serena hurried to the side of her new ward. The old star fussing over the girl's hair and clothes in such a manner that Dakota quickly lost interest. If the two were smart they would know better than to let whatever kept her from happening again.

"If we're done with this little episode, I'd like to go over the show so we can begin the real work." Dakota walked over to stand center stage, having the entire company's attention fixed on her.

With a little assistance from the members of the company who had bothered to attend the earlier meeting Dakota began to gloss over their plans for the new story. To highlight Kimberly in the best light they chose to work with a setting in the burlesque club from the thirties.

Kimberly would be playing the role of the club's lead singer with Sophia and Serena backing her, though Serena's casting was only made to ensure Kim had someone to show her the ropes.

The story would follow the singer as she falls for the club's owner, who one of the kinder men in the company named Paul had offered to play, as he ran out of money to support the joint. As a reprieve the owner would turn towards a mobster, who the company voted would best be played by Reed, that frequented the club in order to keep his business afloat. When the mobster spots the singer he would bargain to take her away from the club in exchange for his partnership. "At the moment we're still debating on the ending. Either the signer will leave with the mobster for a better life, or she'll stay with the club," Dakota watched as the company began to debate for which version they preferred. "Our investor and Chris will be choosing the ending. You all will have to manage with which ever one they choose."

A resounding groan came from the older members, knowing very well how fickle an investor's attention could be. The groan silenced by a quick glare from Dakota before she turned the rehearsal over to the company's choreographer.

Kimberly appeared to be paying attention after a quick nudge from Serena. The two had been spending quite a lengthy amount of time together and though Dakota wanted nothing more than to keep Kim under her control having someone around to teach her how the business worked was too useful to pass up.

Leaving the company in the hands of the choreographer Dakota left the theater in order to make a quick phone call. She had hoped to push the call off longer but considering the threat of future missed rehearsals and whatever Dakota would try to pull it became necessary to secure her investment in Kim as soon as possible.

" How can I help you? " An older voice asked. "Owen, how are you?" Dakota smiled, knowing how to charm the doctor better than anyone. "I know we haven't spoken for a while, but the girls have been keeping me busy."

" They always do, " the old man chuckled. "It keeps it interesting. Anyway we have a new girl with us, very talented even Serena knows so, but she isn't used to performing so I was wondering if you could send over some of those pills we had given Serenafor her stage fright," Dakota said sweetly.

" You know I'd rather not. It can be very harmful to the girls if they take too many. Poor Serena was almost dependant on them you had me sending so many."

"It's for the good of the show Owen, we'll be much more careful this time. No more than two per show I swear." Dakota smiled as she was almost convinced by her own lie. "She's a healthy girl otherwise. It's harmless I promise."

The other end of the phone stayed quiet for a moment longer as the doctor considered the consequences. The pills he would prescribe were not meant to be taken unless absolutely necessary, as they were known to hold addictive properties. He had been in charge of the Grey family's affairs for years now though, and refusing a seemingly harmless request from the ever-charming Dakota was more difficult than refusing Collins himself.

"Very well. I'll have a bottle sent over to you by the end of the week. Just make sure she doesn't take any additional medication. And it's only to be used for a show!

Owen's warnings had no affect on Dakota's decision. If a confidence boosting drug had a habit of making her girls far more cooperative in some matters then the check dangling from Lusciou's hands was more than enough to convince her of it's necessity. When Serena felt uneasy about her first investor Dakota supplied her with a way to go on, and just to insure Kimberly continued down the path they started at the dinner she'd have as much ready as needed.

"Of course, my dear friend. Only to help the show."

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 10:56am On Mar 31, 2017
You guys aint really commenting and its not encouraging. Please comment

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by princessadeola(f): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Am enjoying it........ Following
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by sexyslim001(f): 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nice 1
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by teel123(f): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Kim and john interesting.but do you know you have ghost workers
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 8:21am On Apr 01, 2017
teel123:
Kim and john interesting.but do you know you have ghost workers
really who are they
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by EvaJael(f): 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
Nnnena:
really who are they
I'm one o...
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 6:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Mark returned to the penthouse the next day, having spent the night in a bar with a female bartender all too pleased to let him stay on her couch after drinking too much. From what he could remember he didn't find the woman too attractive but he was not one to pass up another's hospitality. Especially when he was too lazy to cook himself food.

As he expected on his return the flat was left in shambles, John's clothes thrown about the living room floor as he could never be bothered to put them where they belonged. The kitchen looked as though it had been hit by a hurricane with pots, pans, and burnt pancake batter covering every available surface. The only thing that Mark wasn't expecting had been the deep red chunk of silk lying near John's jacket. He assumed it would happen sometime, but he hadn't guessed he would be lucky enough to avoid trying to sleep through it all together.

"You still here Prince Charming?" Mark teased, picking the dress up from the ground, laying it across the couch to keep from wrinkling the fabric.

A groan from John's bedroom answered his question. "I think the milk went bad."

"That isn't the milk you slowpoke, it was the fact you tried to eat your own cooking in the first place." Collecting the clothes on the floor Mark walked into John's room, throwing the clothes into the hamper to demonstrate their proper place. "So you and Kimberly then?"

John nodded, lying back on his bed to try and keep from loosing his late breakfast. Mark could only chuckle. Usually John would take this opportunity to brag to Mark about the woman he had been with or anything to bring up how Mark's luck with women was far worse than his own. The fact he spoiled any chance to seem superior to Mark made spending a night on a strangers couch all the more worth it. "She had to go to her place before seeing Dakota. She couldn't stay for breakfast."

"Brunch. You never wake up in time for breakfast. And that's all the better for her. I doubt throwing up on stage is a good thing,"

Mark said, going through the room in an attempt to tidy it up. "So… dare I ask how it went?"

Even in his pathetic state John still managed to smile at the memory. Mark could see the sickly color leave his cheeks for a moment as his eyes stared up to the ceiling as if it were covered in gold.

"No, don't explain. I know that look well enough," Mark said with a smile. "You've fallen for her hard haven't you?"

"I don't understand why I would, we've barely known each other that long." John ran his hands through his hair, a wide smile plastered onto his face. "She just has this look in her eyes some of the time, and when she laughs it's just… and her body I can't begin to—" "Save it!" Mark laughed, picking up a red bag he could only assume belonged to Kim.

"You're going to make me sick if you keep talking like that."

Despite his stomach disagreeing with him John still managed enough energy to throw a pillow at Mark head. The hit causing him to lose his grip on the bag just enough for it to slip from his hands to fall on the ground with a quiet thud. A quiet jingle coming from within the bag as it fell beside the pillow.

Unable to with hold his curiosity Mark picked it back up, opening it to try and find what made the noise. With a quick scan he noticed a phone in need of a good charge, some cash, and a bright orange bottle with a white cap. Taking the bottle out Mark gave it one quick shake to determine it was the source of the jingle along with the fact it seemed to be missing more pills than the label indicated.

"What's that?" John asked, coming down from his momentary bliss long enough to recognize what Mark was doing.

"Some sort of prescription pain pill. It's made out to that Serena girl." Mark shrugged, placing it back into the bag. "Woman things I'm sure. You can give this all back to Kim later."

John nodded, his uneasiness now shifting away from his stomach to regard the pills he had seen earlier that week. He couldn't help but feel as though something was going on he wasn't aware of and Mark knew he wouldn't be satisfied enough with allotting it to 'woman things'.

"She's a dancer right? Those shoes hurt your feet. I mean that's what I've heard anyway. Try not to let it bother you too much. She still likes you so some Advil never hurt anything."

Mark's reassurances fell on deaf ears as john pulled himself out of bed to get dressed.

"I know, she's smarter than to take something bad for her. I'm just not sure I like the idea of people working for Dakota slipping her things under the table."

"She works for Dakota, John."

"I know, Mark. " His mind was already made up and Mark knew it. If he learned anything from his time around John it was that the one trait all Grey's shared besides their money was their stubbornness.

"I just want to keep an eye on those people. I met a few last night at dinner and I don't like the looks of them."

"Well what are you going to do, spy on them?"

"Of course not you idiot. But I don't think having a word with that Serena girl would hurt anything," he said. "You keep an eye out for Kimberly while I'm gone alright?"

Mark groaned, knowing very well this meant he would be stuck cleaning up the mess in the kitchen. "Fine. Run off and play white knight without me. I'll keep your girlfriend company."
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by sexyslim001(f): 11:16am On Apr 02, 2017
More pls
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
[/color]Name Your Price

First there is desire, then passion, and then suspicion…

With the book being written and the set list starting to fall into place the only hard work left to do fell on Kimberly and the other dancers.

Dakota had promised them grand sets and even grander costumes with Luscious's help, a fact that excited everyone in the company aside from Kim. The show had yet to be named but as far as the company was told it promised to be the most successful show they had put on.

If Kimberly could keep her end of the deal up, anyway.

The choreographer worked her feet to the bone as the company watched. Serena managing to weave her way into the lessons to push and pull Kim's body to show her how to properly seduce the audience, something that at first seemed strange until the male dancers began to offer their opinions on Serena's methods. Even the sweet-mannered Paul offered a comment or too when he thought there was something that could be changed.

"You have to convince the crowd you have feelings for the club owner Kim," Serena said, walking her through the choreographer's steps.

"You make Paul here fall for you and they will too, and if they like you that's better for all of us."

At this the tall man's cheeks turned a light pink, causing the men around him to chuckle. "What Serena means is you just have to make it look like you like me, you don't have to pretend to be in love with me."

Kimberly nodded, taking a small break when the choreographer started to work with the men.

Well, that's one less person I need to lie to , she thought, digging around in her dance bag for a bottle of water.

She had already heard from Serena and Dakota how important convincing Luscious she cared for him was to so many people besides the three of them, and she'd skipped out on staying with John for breakfast to keep from explaining to him why she had to take so many pills before rehearsal. Even if it was just an act the last thing she needed was to have another web of lies to string together in order to protect herself and her performance. As far as she was concerned the only lie she wanted to tell was that she understood her steps for the opening number.

"I want the backdrop to be big enough to have the whole company standing around it together.

No I don't care how much it costs you know we've got the deal signed. No, no Kimberly wont be using it works with her pieces so he'll still be paying for it." Kim could just barely make out Dakota fussing about on stage, her phone pressed close to her ear. "Just get it done, the sooner the sets are finished the sooner we move to costume. We're on a tight schedule here, make it happen."

Everything and everyone seemed to be running in a frenzy around her as she ordered people to and fro. Kimberly had never seen someone so in control of their surroundings and while the sight was impressive she wanted nothing more than to use the chaos to go back to John's bed and hide from everything that was expected of her. Dakota, however, had different plans the second she spotted Kim.

"There you are," she said as she hung up her call. "Come here, I've been meaning to talk to you."

"I'm not sure if I'm free right now Dakota, we still have the rest of the number to learn," Kim said in an attempt to avoid the conversation.

"Nonsense, they've still got ten other people to teach it to, I can borrow you for a moment."

Dakota's polite smile did nothing to hide the fact she wouldn't be allowing Kimberly to make excuses. "Come see me in my office."

Dakota walked off stage through the frenzy of dancers and builders with such a sense of purpose she seemed to part the sea of people and curtains with an effortless ease. Should her air of power had been directed to any other profession there was no doubt in Dakota's mind that she would be terrifyingly successful.

But for better or for worse, Dakota's efforts were focused on the theater and Kimberly specifically.

This made the idea of trying to avoid Dakota a second time completely ridiculous.

With a small sigh Kimberly pulled herself up from her seat, walking backstage after the taller woman as quickly as she could manage. She had never been inside the office personally but the older members of the company were able to point her in the right direction easily.

The office lay in a hallway between the girls' dressing room and the stage door. Secluded from the rest of the theater Kimberly could only assume what kinds of shady deals she needed complete privacy for. It wasn't until she came to sit down across from the large hard wood desk that she even considered the fact Luscious's investment in her was most likely made in the room as well.

"Is something wrong?" Kim asked, watching Dakota dig through one of the desk drawers.

"Not at all, I just have a little business to talk to you about." The woman carefully pulled out a small notebook and a bottle of pills from the top drawer. "The dancers have been saying you get a bit nervous on stage, yes?"

"I don't think so… I mean I haven't been there as long as them so I guess it takes some getting used to," Kim said, unsure of where she was going with her question. "Serena said everyone gets a little nervous."

"Serena says a lot of things dear, and you can't always listen to her." Dakota smiled, handing Kim the bottle. "Sometimes you need a second opinion, and in this case it's mine."

The bottle felt heavier in her hand than the pain pills Serena had given her. The label across the side filled with warnings and ingredients she had never heard of before and the doctor's notes were nearly impossible to read. She had taken serious medication once or twice before and remembered the feeling of the few pills placed in a large bottle. A quick shake proved that unlike her past prescriptions, this bottle had been filled to the top.

"How is this a second opinion?" She asked, an uneasy feeling coming over her the longer she held the bottle.

"For your stage fright. They help calm the nerves and remove inhibitions. Serena took them for a while when she started too. Just take two if you start feeling nervous and everything will be fine." Dakota smiled, placing her hands over Kim's, skillfully closing her hands around the bottle to ensure she kept it.

"You can stop taking them once we're sure you can handle everything. Alright?"

Before Kimberly could consider the issues with taking a medication like that she found herself already putting it in her dance bag, Dakota's gaze only leaving her when the pills were tucked safely in their new home. Had she refused the bottle there was no doubt in her mind Dakota would have found a way to force her to take it.

"Alright. I'll try not to use it up too fast," Kim attempted to chuckle.

With a small smile she was excused, pulling her bag back over her shoulder head out of the room as quickly as possible. She wanted to rid herself of the uneasy feeling that had settled in at the sight of the bottle and she doubted the bleak office was doing anything to help.

It wasn't until she had almost made her escape that the sound of Dakota clearing her throat forced her to look back.

"I almost forgot. You wont be going to rehearsal Friday night." Dakota's smile seemed almost genuine, as if she was excited for Kim.

"Luscious has arranged a dinner for the two of you then. He's very excited apparently, so you get some rest before then."

Kimberly felt her heart sink. She had no desire to pretend to be interested in another man while John was most likely still in the bed she had left so unceremoniously. Yet she could not use another man as an excuse to avoid her investor, not while she knew how much was at stake.

"That sounds fun," she lied much to Dakota's enjoyment. "I'll be ready."

At that she was finally dismissed, being left to return to the theater on her own. As thoughts about making an excuse to avoid John that day began to mingle with all the lies she'd have to prepare to deal with Luscious's affections Kimberly barely noticed the sound of her dance bag opening up.

As her mind began to turn towards how to tell John she wouldn't be available all Friday she became unaware of the bottle of pills opening.

And as she pictured having to tell him she would be busy Saturday as well she could barely taste the bitterness of the pills as she walked back onto stage.[color=#770077]Name Your Price

With the book being written and the set list starting to fall into place the only hard work left to do fell on Kimberly and the other dancers.

Dakota had promised them grand sets and even grander costumes with Luscious's help, a fact that excited everyone in the company aside from Kim. The show had yet to be named but as far as the company was told it promised to be the most successful show they had put on.

The choreographer worked her feet to the bone as the company watched. Serena managing to weave her way into the lessons to push and pull Kim's body to show her how to properly seduce the audience, something that at first seemed strange until the male dancers began to offer their opinions on Serena's methods. Even the sweet-mannered Paul offered a comment or too when he thought there was something that could be changed.

"You have to convince the crowd you have feelings for the club owner Kim," Serena said, walking her through the choreographer's steps.

"You make Paul here fall for you and they will too, and if they like you that's better for all of us."

At this the tall man's cheeks turned a light pink, causing the men around him to chuckle. "What Serena means is you just have to make it look like you like me, you don't have to pretend to be in love with me."

Kimberly nodded, taking a small break when the choreographer started to work with the men.

Well, that's one less person I need to lie to , she thought, digging around in her dance bag for a bottle of water.

She had already heard from Serena and Dakota how important convincing Luscious she cared for him was to so many people besides the three of them, and she'd skipped out on staying with John for breakfast to keep from explaining to him why she had to take so many pills before rehearsal. Even if it was just an act the last thing she needed was to have another web of lies to string together in order to protect herself and her performance. As far as she was concerned the only lie she wanted to tell was that she understood her steps for the opening number.

"I want the backdrop to be big enough to have the whole company standing around it together.

No I don't care how much it costs you know we've got the deal signed. No, no Kimberly wont be using it works with her pieces so he'll still be paying for it." Kim could just barely make out Dakota fussing about on stage, her phone pressed close to her ear. "Just get it done, the sooner the sets are finished the sooner we move to costume. We're on a tight schedule here, make it happen."

Everything and everyone seemed to be running in a frenzy around her as she ordered people to and fro. Kimberly had never seen someone so in control of their surroundings and while the sight was impressive she wanted nothing more than to use the chaos to go back to John's bed and hide from everything that was expected of her. Dakota, however, had different plans the second she spotted Kim.

"There you are," she said as she hung up her call. "Come here, I've been meaning to talk to you."

"I'm not sure if I'm free right now Dakota, we still have the rest of the number to learn," Kim said in an attempt to avoid the conversation.

"Nonsense, they've still got ten other people to teach it to, I can borrow you for a moment."

Dakota's polite smile did nothing to hide the fact she wouldn't be allowing Kimberly to make excuses. "Come see me in my office."

Dakota walked off stage through the frenzy of dancers and builders with such a sense of purpose she seemed to part the sea of people and curtains with an effortless ease. Should her air of power had been directed to any other profession there was no doubt in Dakota's mind that she would be terrifyingly successful.

But for better or for worse, Dakota's efforts were focused on the theater and Kimberly specifically.

This made the idea of trying to avoid Dakota a second time completely ridiculous.

With a small sigh Kimberly pulled herself up from her seat, walking backstage after the taller woman as quickly as she could manage. She had never been inside the office personally but the older members of the company were able to point her in the right direction easily.

The office lay in a hallway between the girls' dressing room and the stage door. Secluded from the rest of the theater Kimberly could only assume what kinds of shady deals she needed complete privacy for. It wasn't until she came to sit down across from the large hard wood desk that she even considered the fact Luscious's investment in her was most likely made in the room as well.

"Is something wrong?" Kim asked, watching Dakota dig through one of the desk drawers.

"Not at all, I just have a little business to talk to you about." The woman carefully pulled out a small notebook and a bottle of pills from the top drawer. "The dancers have been saying you get a bit nervous on stage, yes?"

"I don't think so… I mean I haven't been there as long as them so I guess it takes some getting used to," Kim said, unsure of where she was going with her question. "Serena said everyone gets a little nervous."

"Serena says a lot of things dear, and you can't always listen to her." Dakota smiled, handing Kim the bottle. "Sometimes you need a second opinion, and in this case it's mine."

The bottle felt heavier in her hand than the pain pills Serena had given her. The label across the side filled with warnings and ingredients she had never heard of before and the doctor's notes were nearly impossible to read. She had taken serious medication once or twice before and remembered the feeling of the few pills placed in a large bottle. A quick shake proved that unlike her past prescriptions, this bottle had been filled to the top.

"How is this a second opinion?" She asked, an uneasy feeling coming over her the longer she held the bottle.

"For your stage fright. They help calm the nerves and remove inhibitions. Serena took them for a while when she started too. Just take two if you start feeling nervous and everything will be fine." Dakota smiled, placing her hands over Kim's, skillfully closing her hands around the bottle to ensure she kept it.

"You can stop taking them once we're sure you can handle everything. Alright?"

Before Kimberly could consider the issues with taking a medication like that she found herself already putting it in her dance bag, Dakota's gaze only leaving her when the pills were tucked safely in their new home. Had she refused the bottle there was no doubt in her mind Dakota would have found a way to force her to take it.

"Alright. I'll try not to use it up too fast," Kim attempted to chuckle.

With a small smile she was excused, pulling her bag back over her shoulder head out of the room as quickly as possible. She wanted to rid herself of the uneasy feeling that had settled in at the sight of the bottle and she doubted the bleak office was doing anything to help.

It wasn't until she had almost made her escape that the sound of Dakota clearing her throat forced her to look back.

"I almost forgot. You wont be going to rehearsal Friday night." Dakota's smile seemed almost genuine, as if she was excited for Kim.

"Luscious has arranged a dinner for the two of you then. He's very excited apparently, so you get some rest before then."

Kimberly felt her heart sink. She had no desire to pretend to be interested in another man while John was most likely still in the bed she had left so unceremoniously. Yet she could not use another man as an excuse to avoid her investor, not while she knew how much was at stake.

"That sounds fun," she lied much to Dakota's enjoyment. "I'll be ready."

At that she was finally dismissed, being left to return to the theater on her own. As thoughts about making an excuse to avoid John that day began to mingle with all the lies she'd have to prepare to deal with Luscious's affections Kimberly barely noticed the sound of her dance bag opening up.

As her mind began to turn towards how to tell John she wouldn't be available all Friday she became unaware of the bottle of pills opening.

And as she pictured having to tell him she would be busy Saturday as well she could barely taste the bitterness of the pills as she walked back onto stage.
Name Your Price

"
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by michealunique: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
amazing... more update pls
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by sexyslim001(f): 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Following
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 7:18am On Apr 04, 2017
Bleep." Bleep[/color]Bleep To say finding someone willing to speak to John was difficult would be a sickening understatement. Since he had left the comforts of his bed that morning there was not a single person willing to even point him in the direction of Dakota's office, and for the first time in his life dropping the Grey name only seemed to steer him farther from where he wanted to go.

It wasn't until the dancers had been released from their rehearsal that he was even allowed to enter the theater.

The dancers passed around him completely unaffected by his presence. To them he had no more importance than one of the many set pieces placed throughout the theater. He doubted they even knew who he was.

Looking around the exiting dancers John almost thought he saw Kimberly leaving with a few of the other people in the company but before he could call her name the vaguely familiar face of the old lead cut off his view.

"Are you lost?" she asked, distracting him long enough to allow Kimberly to leave without seeing him.

Pulling himself back to earth John looked down to the woman; though she was taller than his Kim she still wasn't as tall as him. With his first view of her in proper lighting he could note several differences between her andKim aside from their height. This woman seemed harder, her features and her demeanor sharpened in a manner he had only seen before in Dakota.

Her body looked thinner and frailer than Kimberly's but she held herself with a strength that he was nearly certain was the only thing keeping her standing.

At one point in time, he might have found her beautiful. But in the middle of the day he could tell something else had gotten to her first.

"No, I'm just looking for Dakota," he finally replied, "I need to speak with her."

"She can't help you," she said curtly. "She doesn't take clients when there isn't a show running, and besides she doesn't cater to family matters."

Serena patted his arm in a fake show of sympathy before starting to walk away. The remaining dancers avoided her with a fearful show of respect as she past them to head backstage.

He may not be able to question Dakota directly, but he knew business well enough to recognize the second in command.

Quickly he followed Serena backstage, weaving his way past have constructed set pieces and costume racks meant for dozens of different people and scenes. While Serena moved through the clutter with a practiced grace John's stumbling nearly knocked over two costume racks and a small stagehand as they moved passed the dressing rooms.

"You're persistent aren't you?" Serena said, turning back to look at John.

"I need to talk to you, since Dakota isn't available. It'll only take a minute I promise."

At this the woman's sharp features softened, her face breaking out into a wide smile as she laughed. "That's nothing to be proud of, Mr. Grey. That's actually really sad." Her laughter continued as she led him to a back room free from any of the pre-show clutter.

Pink satin and ivory pillows covered the room along with empty silver trays and remnants of some long forgotten party. Serena lounged across a large pink loveseat, toying with a piece of her hair as Johb entered the room. She somehow blended seamlessly into the gaudy set up in a way that almost caused him to forget how ridiculous the place looked during the day, but only almost.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, not particularly caring to touch anything in the room.

"'It'll only take a minute' , a great Grey can only last a minute? No wonder you were looking for Dakota," she teased, her smile quickly fading when Serena failed to understand her joke. "…What did you want to talk to her about?"

"A friend of mine, I just want to know a few things about how everything's run, business stuff, not too much. What did you think I wanted to know?"

Quickly Serena rose from the chair, closing he door behind John, pushing him over to sit where she had been. Her well-groomed brows furrowing as she looked him over. John recognized the look crossing her face to be the same his father had before telling him bad news, she had something to admit and whatever it was he doubted he'd like it.

"Who is your friend?" she countered, trying to buy herself more time.

John considered lying for a moment, but he figured there was nothing to be gained in hiding who he was to Kimberly. Especially if that would help him get his answers.

"Kimberly we're rather close." Serena's face seemed to harden at the mention of Kim's name. "She and I were a bit curious about how everything works from here, since Dakota doesn't tell my father or I more than how much money she brings in."

"…You shouldn't be meddling in these things, John. Kim has enough to deal with and I can promise you she knows how things work around here." Serena's stern gaze never left his face.

"Just explain to me about this whole investor deal, that man from dinner earlier, that's her investor right? What do they do? Why does she have to pretend to be sweet on him?" Once the questions started coming out he could barely get them to stop. "Why are you giving her pills, and why on earth is it so important that she listen to what you and Dakota say? She's just a dancer, she doesn't need you all fussing over her!"

Serena went quiet, a slow recognition passing over her face as she realized why John was so wound up from something he had no business being involved with. Carefully she managed to keep her tone calm, wanting to make sure John listened to her completely.

"The pills are for her feet, if a dancer ruins their feet then they ruin the show. They wont hurt her if she takes them every now and again. It's not important to her to listen to Dakota, but I've been where she is and if she wants to make it she needs to listen to me, plus if things go well for her I can work with her to get back where I belong." Her hand covered his lightly, as if to insure he stayed down while she continued.

"The investor is something every lead wants to get, they pay for the show and anything to do with the girl their investing in. It's like a partnership. Her investor is called Luscious and he's got big money down in South America or something, I don't really know. But I do know what he's investing more money in Kim than any investor has in any dancer before, so we need to make sure he likes her enough to want to keep giving us his money." Serena paused for a moment, considering the best way to word her next point. "Saying she's just a dancer is wrong, she's much more important than that.

"She's like an escort now, most of the girls are.

It's good money and it keeps the theater running even if the shows aren't great. Dakota has her rules and the girls aren't made to do anything they don't want to do. An escort isn't just some hooker that men can call though; they show men a good time. It's like paying to be in a relationship. That's why Kim has to pretend to like being around Luscious, because as far as he's concerned they're together when he's around."

For what seemed like ages neither of them spoke. John could feel his heart drop to his stomach as he heard the final bit of news. He couldn't believe his ears at first, something as insane as his Kimberly selling herself just couldn't be true. She was his, and he was hers, no price tag needed. Yet all it took for someone else to call her there's was a few dollars and some fancy costumes. It all made him sick.

"What if I pay over him to make him leave?"

John asked, having a hard time getting the words out. "Then she wouldn't have to pretend to be anything to him."

Serena's gazed softened as she almost seemed to pity John "Dakota wont take your money.

The last thing she'd want is to give any of her success to you or your father… You can't make Luscious leave, legally he nearly owns the show."

"There has to be something…"

The silence covered the room again as Serena considered his options. She wasn't about to sabotage her show and he knew that, but for one reason or another she took pity on him, so he could only hope she'd have pity for Kim as well.

"You could take Kim away from here," she said, a devious twinkle returning to her eyes.

"Give her to opening night and I'll keep her safe, then you get her on a plane and take her far from here and Luscious. I'll help if you make sure she's long gone before the show starts."

Had John cared to think about the situation logically he would have turned Serena down.

There was no doubt in his mind his removing Kim would benefit her position in the show, and he had no real reason to trust she would take care of her. He didn't even have a reason to believe Kimberly would want to leave with him. But he was too consumed with a need for action to even think about any negative outcome.

Kimberly may have fallen into Dakota's game, but he would be the one to get her out if it was the last thing he did.

"You keep Dakota and that Luscious away from her and you'll never see either of us again." Bleep
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2017
Bleep For hours after John the shared penthouse things had become almost unbearably quiet.

The cleaning lady had given up on helping with John's room, and the kitchen had taken hours to even begin to look like it had before John got to it. Mark had dealt with being left around the house waiting for John before, but the longer he was left alone the flat the more anxious he became. He even began to think he could hear the digital clock changing time. Unable to bear inaction any longer Mark left the penthouse in search of John or Kimberly.

He had agreed to take care of Kim while John was busy, so it only made sense that he could at least try to find her. She was more enjoyable to be around than John was anyway.

It didn't take long for Mark to start wandering the halls of the resort in search of anywhere Kim may have gone. The other dancers frequented lounges or bars, usually moving in groups of three or more, but none of the groups he passed seemed to hold Kimberly. The only person who could even help him find her was a small blonde girl who offered a 'she went home' before flitting off to try and flirt her way into free drinks from another dancer.

Wandering through the penthouse floor Mark began checking random doors in hope of finding Kim's. A majority of the doors didn't open, leading him to begin an extensive game of knocking on each door before hiding behind a corner to allow unamused neighbors to blame each other for their confusion.

The game didn't help him find Kim but it did cure his boredom.

He had almost made it through a second floor of penthouse suits before finding an unlocked door budged open at his knocking. The foyer was almost completely blocked by different cardboard boxes; Mark doubted he could have pushed the door open any further even if he wanted to.

"Anybody home?" he asked, a bit curious as to why the door would be left unlocked.

The sound of a person inside the flat stumbling answered his question as he saw a few box being shoved out of the foyer in order to open the door fully. A mess of brown curls peaked around a stack of boxes as Mark was allowed inside, its owner laughing lightly at a joke he must have just missed.

"Mark!" Kimberly giggled, her gaze a bit hazier than he remembered. "What are you doing here?"

"Just visiting," he said, helping Kim make her way through the box maze to find the living room. "You still unpacking?"

"Yup, a lot of this is stuff Serena doesn't need but I didn't think there'd be so much!"

Kimberly's giggling persisted as she took a seat on a chair that came with the flat. She motioned for Mark to join her but he passed up on the offer, taking a moment to look over everything as she calmed herself down. "I could give you a tour but I almost fell in the kitchen, so I'm avoiding there for a while."

For someone like Kimberly the clutter seemed a tad out of character, and he couldn't understand for the life of him why falling would have made her laugh so hard. Dance equipment scattered itself across the room with shoes and rehearsal clothes draped over coffee tables and chairs alike. The only thing in the room that didn't seem to be a part of the move or her work was a small orange bottle sitting on a table in front of Kim, the cap left slightly undone.

Taking another look at Kim he began to realize there wasn't any joke he was missing, but a dosage he hadn't taken.

"You feeling okay, Kim?" he asked, moving over to read the label on the pills without a complaint from his giggling friend.

"I'm fine, Mark," she said, drawing out his name before laughing at herself. "I'm just a little dizzy, and you're a little blurry."

Closing the bottle for her Mark allowed her to laugh at her own joke for a while longer before putting it far out of her reach. He doubted she would be harmed by taking more pills than necessary, but he wasn't about the to back to John to tell him either.

"You can't take more than two of these a day, okay Kim? You look like you're drunk."

Kimberly frowned, her laughter fading quickly as Merlin moved to sit beside her.

"Dakota said I could take however many I wanted, and I feel fine," she protested.

"Dakota's not a doctor, I don't even know what those are for, but lay off them for a little, okay?" She grumbled in protest, crossing her arms stubbornly. "If you keep taking them like this I'm going to have to tell John you know. I don't want to but he's worried about you being around his cousin. Help me out here would you?"

At the mere mention of John's name Kimberly's entire demeanor began to sober up. Her eyes dropping to the ground as she leaned against Mark for balance. He didn't know what was going on inside her head, and he doubted she would be able to tell him even if she wanted to. But for a moment, he almost thought he saw guilt hiding behind her hazy gaze.

"I've got this under control… It was just one time, it wont happen again I promise."

Kimberly's tone began to change, sounding almost desperate as she continued. "Just don't tell John. You can't tell John. I'll handle this."

Mark wasn't entirely sure what she was talking about but he knew better than to ask. Lightly he put an arm around her shoulders, keeping her from tipping over.

"I've got you Kim, I wont say a thing."
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
Catch Me I'm Falling

When love is for the highest bidder there can be no trust…

"…Guns and Gangsters suit me fine— Al Capone is a buddy of mine. He's my big shot valentine, lets be bad Kimberly's voice sung out over the sound of costumes jingling as the dancers moved around her in perfect harmony with the music.

Each dancer seemed to be moving faster than the next as they overtook Kim in a matter of moments. The faces of her male partners passing her as they spun her on with her role. Her words lost in a haze of glittering dresses and smiling faces as she tried to keep up with the song. Her breath would run out, her feet would slip, she missed move after move as the dance went on without her.

She was truly lost.

The stage and the show were eating her alive as her eyes scanned the crowd. Her voice failed the song but no one else broke character as she fell to her knees. She needed to have something to anchor to, someone to dance for as her character did. Her gaze became frantic as she searched for the one person who could pull her out of the haze.

And like the red sea parting there he sat, flanked by other patrons enjoying the show far more than his deep blue eyes gave away. Kim felt her voice return as she tried to sing out her next lines as if they were for him, knowing they rang out stronger than any of her previous attempts. Yet the man sat unfazed.

Hands crossed over Kimberly's body as she was pulled up off her knees, forced back into the dance. She could feel herself being passed from one man to the next, and as everyone in the theater took it as flirtatious the sullen man's face seemed to drop into what could only be described as utter disappointment.

Kim could do nothing as he stood to leave her to the horde of dancers pulling her through the steps. She felt herself reaching out to him in a desperate attempt to bring him back, to remind him he was the only one who mattered, but her effort was in vane. As soon as her arm extended past the stage floor a new man's hands closed around her wrist, moving her arm like a puppet's back to her chest.

The new man's hands roamed over her body with a delicate care as they forced her through the remainder of the dance. Her anchor had left the theater. Her puppet master now held her in his arms. Her body started to feel sick.

The stage went black.

"She fell?" A familiar voice steered Kim from her sleep.

"That's right. Hit her head pretty hard, she was delirious when I found her so I thought I'd do like you said and take care of her. She'll be fine after a little rest." Her head felt fine, dizzy and confused, but certainly not from a fall.

No, falling would have been easier to deal with.

This was entirely her fault. She knew it Dakota told her the pills would help nerves but she should have known better than to take so many over the idea of telling John about the dinner. She couldn't remember what she was so frightened of, they'd been so close already he wouldn't leave her over a simple business dinner.

Yet he had left her in the dream.

And she knew very well she wouldn't be talking about business over her dinner.

"You should have called me sooner, Mark. I don't need you taking care of someone who's actually sick." As Kim woke up she could distinctly recognize John's voice.

She never realized how easy it was to hang on every word he spoke or how terrible she felt when she heard his worry. It certainly wouldn't be the last time she'd hear it either.

"I take care of you when you're sick all the time. All she needed was to lay down, she fell asleep in a second." She made a note to thank Mark covering for her when she could think clearly again.

While the two continued their bickering Kimberly took a moment to become aware of her surroundings. Mark had somehow managed to move her to the master bedroom in her half- unboxed penthouse and tucked her in with the utmost care. Her head had been resting on a pillow but once her body felt a shift of weight on the bed she found her head nestled comfortably against John's chest as he ran his hand through her hair as if to check that she was still in one piece. His heartbeat was quicker than she had expected, almost as if he was angry over something before finding her.

She'd be damned if she didn't feel a warm sense of calm wash over her body as John pulled her closer against his chest. She'd feel guilty for what she had to do later. Whether the medication still had a hold of her actions or if they were her own Kimberly wasn't certain, but she held no complaint when she found herself wrapping her arms around John's broad chest to ensure the calm feeling lasted as long as possible.

The bickering stopped the moment she moved. "Kimberly... .?" John asked tentatively, his grip on her waist tightening lightly.

"M'sorry," she slurred in response. "'Should've been more careful…"

"It's not your fault, Kim. You didn't know."

Mark's voice was sincere but she knew he wasn't talking about some imaginary fall. "It just can't happen again."

I can't promise that… "I'll try my best… the floors are very slippery," she said, allowing John to support her weight.

Mark didn't like her response and she could tell, but he wouldn't ague with her in her current state or while John was around and for that she was thankful. Neither he nor John would understand the pressure of being in the show without him and Luscious added to the mix. She could count on her hand all the actors she knew who used more than she had regularly, even Marilyn Monroe had.

Of course that wasn't a comparison she was too eager to complete.

"I should sue Dakota, she's not fit to run the theater like that," John said with certainty.

Kimberly could feel his voice reverberating in his chest and something told her he meant the alleged fall was only the tip of the iceberg for him. She would deal with whatever he knew about the theater later. Right now the only thing that mattered was for her to keep him as close as she could, she couldn't risk losing him like she had in the dream.

"It's fine, John. I can handle this," Kim said in an attempt to be reassuring, cuddling against his chest to keep him calm. "I just need some rest like Mark said, I'll make it up to you after rehearsal tomorrow."

"You should take tomorrow off to rest, we can be together Friday, even Dakota would understand,"John said, his voice softening as he held her.

Kim couldn't let her feelings for him get in the way, however. Dakota wouldn't understand her throwing away all that money and a completely financed show. She'd made her bed the day she let Dakota in and she'd gotten her claws deep enough into Kim that the idea of escape was harder to imagine than the idea of balancing her act with Luscious and her time with John.

The certainly couldn't be together Friday.

"Serena's teaching me something then," Kim lied with an ease that frightened her. "It'll have to be tomorrow."

She could feel John's full lips against her forehead as her stomach sank. She doubted his adoration would last but she'd be damned if she didn't hold onto it as long as she could. She needed, and come what may, she loved him despite herself.

"Then it'll be tomorrow," he said gently, his strong arms holding her as if he feared he'd break her. "I'll let her borrow you on Friday but I'm not going to share you with someone else so easily, you remind her that okay?"

There was no escaping her guilt. She hated how much she'd be hurting him but she feared what would become of them if Dakota knew he was the source of her apprehension over stringing Luscious along.

"Okay." Bleep
Re: Could This Be Love (my Boss) by Nnnena(f): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
Kimberly had attended the next morning's rehearsal but it was obvious to anyone giving her more than a single glance that she was absent mentally. Serena noted how her dance with Paul was messier than usual, her steps dragging as her weight shifted awkwardly. Even the constantly kind man couldn't pretend to be attracted to her while she danced, he and the rest of the cast simply seemed too concerned over Kim's sudden distraction to care about her performance.

Serena, however, recognized exactly what was making Kim sick. She'd come into rehearsal with the same dazed hangover for weeks at a time before she grew too cold to need the medicine. Dakota had already begun destroy Kim as she had destroye Serena, but she'd made a promise to protect her.

The last thing she intended to do was to give Dakota the satisfaction of making a new servant to take her place. Helping Kimberly would kill two birds with one stone and for the first time since she arrived Serena wouldn't be hurting someone innocent to get back on top. The only person she'd be harming would be Dakota and that was long over due.

Morgana sat in the back of the theater, the sickeningly sweet smile plastered across her face as she spoke to the investor. Serena recognized the scene with frightening ease and suddenly her promise to keep Kim safe became more than just a means to an end. The woman Serena had replaced must have known what she was in for yet she let her fall nonetheless. She couldn't bring herself to condemn another girl to the same fate she had suffered.

It wasn't as though Dakota had anything to threaten her with anymore anyway. Losing someone out of spite would risk exposing the second half of the theater's profits to the media. Even Grey money couldn't keep that hidden if it was discovered.

"We've been going through the endings, Kimberly is much fonder of her character staying in the club and to be frank I think that'd be easier to sell to a crowd." Dakota's hand covered Luscious's lightly, her smile as sweet as the one she used to convince her girls to take whatever medication she presented them with.

"You'd recover the money you've invested within the first week I assure you."

Serena grabbed a tray of drinks from the bar, heading in Dakota's direction.

"I understand that, but I don't believe it makes sense," Luscious said, his voice far more endearing than Serena liked to admit. Keeping him from Kimberly might prove difficult. "I want the second ending, it's still your love story just tweak a few things."

The tray of drinks found their way to the table as Serena leaned over Dakota's chair. As far as Luscious knew they were still on good terms and they both knew Dakota was too involved in her nice-woman act to argue in front of an investor.

"What kinds of things? We're having a hard enough time teaching Kim as is. You can't just pull out the rug from her feet now," Serena said, her gaze fixed on Luscious's.

"Nothing that would hurt her!" he defended. "Just turning her more towards the gangster, you could even throw in a number between just them in exchange for one with the Dakota was visibly uncomfortable and Serena had no intention of easing her pain.

"We'll consider it. Any more Luscious's dark brown eyes lit up, a small smile on his lips as he looked over to the dancers.

"Well I had been thinking it would be exciting to kill someone off in the end. You are dealing with the mob, and I'm sure the crowd would love it."

Serena felt her stomach clench up. They had never done a death scene in the company before because men didn't seem fond of spending money on a woman they had seen die.

That meant if someone was to be offed it would have to be one of the people who weren't up for private meetings and there was only one girl promised exclusivity.

But before she could protest Dakota's own face lit up, her perfectly applied lipstick parting as she smiled. "That will certainly be considered, though the price may go up for a death sequence. If we want to do it right."

"That will be fine. I look forward to it."

Luscious's smile was incredibly innocent for a man paying money for a woman.

Suddenly Serena realized John wouldn't be the only person aiming to take Kimberly away from the theater. Her job had just gotten twice as complicated. Bleep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide / A Love From Above (An Educative Relationship Story) - Full Episode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 299
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.