Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? (19093 Views)

My New Tyre Is Always Deflating When Parked Overnight / Best Cost Of Clearing These 2016 Cars: Corolla And Altima / Which Is The Best Tyre Presently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Moving4: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2017
Double Kings or Maxxis is ok
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by datola: 8:22am On Mar 18, 2017
yashika:
Nobody is advising him correctly. My brother buy Michelin or bridgestone or continental or goodyear. Yokohama is the also very good. Please buy a tire you are very sure off. Buy tire that will last for more than 5-6years. Those other tire will die in less than 3 years. Be guided!!

How much do those tyres cost and where to get authorised dealers in Lagos, etc?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by evilspirit: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2017
Where can one buy correct tyres
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Fidecoo(m): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2017
Flashaldrin:
Hi nairalanders!

I bought a fairly Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 model early last year, and they came with recently changed tires according to the owner, all of the tyres are model contiroveter evolution with manufacture date of 22/14. They all look OK.

However on my way to my PPA in Benue last month, two of the tires had issues, one ripped completely on my way, while the other irreparably wore down at the centre when I got there.

Now I'm planning on changing all tires. Please I will appreciate any advice on the best cost effective tires for replacement and their current relative prices.

Thanks.
, go for D.K. Had a complete 4 for 60k since 24 Dec last year, have travelled for like 3-4 times to the village still benue state and they still give me confidence.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by georgecso(m): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2017
Nobody mentioned Durun
Almost 3yrs now no issues... me sef they fear the tyre

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by joseth: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2017
Try tigar tyres they are michelin budget brand..they meet world standard..check out michelin dealer ar ur side ad get it
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Soleymania(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2017
ood morning.. If u have any link for contracts, building plan design, construction maintenance, management. Thanks. 08032930389
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by ekwii: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Presa tyre is very good
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by potent5(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2017
kingreign:

I can say your vulcanizer did a terrible job. He most prolly mounted the tyres wrongly or over inflated the tyres.

QED
Most likely. But what about the other issue of the second tyre wearing out inexplicably.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by achi4u(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2017
Flashaldrin:
Hi nairalanders!

I bought a fairly Nigerian used Toyota Camry 2006 model early last year, and they came with recently changed tires according to the owner, all of the tyres are model contiroveter evolution with manufacture date of 22/14. They all look OK.

However on my way to my PPA in Benue last month, two of the tires had issues, one ripped completely on my way, while the other irreparably wore down at the centre when I got there.

Now I'm planning on changing all tires. Please I will appreciate any advice on the best cost effective tires for replacement and their current relative prices.

Thanks.
Maxxis R15 - 21, 000 in Abakaliki don't know about ur location.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by egheneezekielsu: 11:10am On Mar 18, 2017
Do you need a website for your business ? or A website of anykind Contact me on whatsapp via 08037205687 or phone call
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by NemzySeries(m): 11:17am On Mar 18, 2017
Go for Black Lion, it, slightly beta dan double king.... but Maxxis is far superior & beta
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Piyke: 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
alsudaes1:

How does one know which is from Thailand? Is it written on it?

There is a "made in... " badge
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by begwong: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2017
Exponental:
I have not used double king and I will not cos of bad testimonies I had about it. It's either you go for quality and put aside 'cost effectiveness' or you choose the later n bite your fingers later. Michelin or GT radial I recommend.
Also try buy from authorised dealer.
WHERE U GO SEE AUTHORIZED DEALERS IN ALL THE 774 LOCAL GOVERNMENTS OF THE COUNTRY
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by salvo583: 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
Go for black lion or aelous. The china brand is far better to toks.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by alsudaes1(m): 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
Piyke:

There is a "made in... " badge

Ok, thanxs
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by abibun: 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Double king is the most inferior of all tyres

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by waynetol: 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
Flashaldrin:
Hi nairalanders!

Thanks.

Go for Yokohama, it's still the best so far, but it is very expensive. or better go for Maxxis .
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by iaatmguy(m): 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
FLAKARIBE:
Still using my 4set of Wanli China tyres bought at obafemi awolowo way, ikj. Dec, 2017 will make it 4 years and bro, no issues. Car travels wella.
Before you buy, pls check year of manufacture eg 4217. Meaning wk 42 in year 2017.
Life span 4 years from manufacturers date
Max, psi 35 for me, as was educated. (A journey of an hour increase your psi by 1. Five hour trip 5psi, tyre max psi 44/45. So 35+5=40psi thus max not reached. Reason for a lot of blown tyres especially commercial buses and imagine if toks tyre not new.

waow quite informative
Thanks for the info
Means one should not always inflate types to there maximum capacity, to give room for expansion right?
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by makavele: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
ocheezie:
Double King. 15k

where . . last time i checked, they said 25k !
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 19, 2017
I only use name brand tires Goodyear, Firestone, Dunlop, etc but will use Kuhmo in a pinch.

Bridgestone tires are about N80k each in Ibadan for my Toyota 4Runner.

Tires dictate how your vehicle is going to behave and they are also a safety item.

Yes, money is tight but your safety and that of other road users are paramount.
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by lymelyte(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2017
FLAKARIBE:
Still using my 4set of Wanli China tyres bought at obafemi awolowo way, ikj. Dec, 2017 will make it 4 years and bro, no issues. Car travels wella.
Before you buy, pls check year of manufacture eg 4217. Meaning wk 42 in year 2017.
Life span 4 years from manufacturers date
Max, psi 35 for me, as was educated. (A journey of an hour increase your psi by 1. Five hour trip 5psi, tyre max psi 44/45. So 35+5=40psi thus max not reached. Reason for a lot of blown tyres especially commercial buses and imagine if toks tyre not new.

when the max is reached, what do you advice?
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by watchworldpro: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2017
Go for Achilles... good tyres.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by comfortchemical: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
What's the price of Maxxis R15 tire?
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by sanishehu(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
20k in Abuja
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by soloehis(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2018
buy good year toks it's better than those double king and it will last your 4yrs
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Nobody: 4:08am On Sep 21, 2019
Homguy:
Double king always
Pls how much is double king?
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by xavuv: 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2019
I bought 4 new SUNFULL tires in mid 2017. These tires are utterly disappointing as Im planning to replace two tires now. Two tires now has contours.
Champiro.. Is ok
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by Thane(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2020
I'm really impressed boss, you were serving and bought a car. I'm serving now, pls coach me boss pls
Re: Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre? by melviniyke2002(m): 11:11am On May 02, 2020
Go for maxxis...am using 4 so far very gud...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jeep Unveils The 2020 Gladiator Off-roader That Is Part SUV,Part Pickup / Police In Oyo To Impound Vehicles With Sirens, Spy And Covered Number Plates / These Are The Safest Cars Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.