Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,272 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. (644 Views)

Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) / Why I Do Not Want To Have Babies After Two Years Of Marriage - Lady Reveals / Banker Arrested For Battering Wife After Sex Denial For Two Years (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hello NL

I lost my father two years ago.After his demise,his lawyer came up to tell the family he left a will behind bt as i write,the will is yet to be read;off course,he was a polygamist.

Is there any legal implication regarding the time frame of a will?

Pls lawyers in the house make your voice known,thanks.
Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by Theyveedo(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
G
Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by Tenkobos(m): 5:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
The delay could be part of the will
Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by ipobbigot7: 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
You take your mind off someone's will and concentrate on building your life. Whatever your father acquired you can in manifold if you believe in God and what He can do through you.

I was in a similar shoe sometimes back, i was even the first born among the two wives children but i didn't fix my mind on whatever the old man left behind but today i am standing on my feet still not looking at the inheritance though what is due to me is waiting for me but i honestly don't need it.

1 Like

Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by Incrizz(f): 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
You should go to him.
Wills don't take that long to read.

The lawyer may have been bribed and side tracked! You waited too long.

You have every right to yearn after your inheritance, any other behaviour form you is unacceptable!

1 Like

Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
ask the lawyer why the will is yet to be read.
Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by Saintsammurai(m): 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
ipobbigot7:
You take your mind off someone's will and concentrate on building your life. Whatever your father acquired you can in manifold if you believe in God and what He can do through you.

I was in a similar shoe sometimes back, i was even the first born among the two wives children but i didn't fix my mind on whatever the old man left behind but today i am standing on my feet still not looking at the inheritance though what is due to me is waiting for me but i honestly don't need it.
Uncle forget about standing on ones feet..
Irrespective of the fact that, a man needs to stand on his own, inheritance is a birth right..
whether the dad is so rich or not so rich, he needs to know what happened to the will..
This has nothing to do with depending on the dad's wealth..
It does not feel right when your right is being denied..

3 Likes

Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by delpee(f): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Do you know the properties involved and what has happened to them to date? What are your siblings and the wives doing about it? At least a few of you (representatives of each family line) should come together to confront the lawyer in a polite manner. Better to seek the opinion of a neutral but experienced lawyer before that.

The Office of the Public Defender and The Probate Registry also assists on these matters if approached. If the will was registered I think you can find out with the assistance of a lawyer.

Please note that I'm not a lawyer. My suggestion is based on some experience at work.
Re: His Will Is Yet To Be Read After Two Years. by NoToPile: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
There could be a clause that the will should be read after a number of years.

(1) (Reply)

End Time Marriage In Delta State / Wedding Promo You Cant Resist.. / Ginger: Four Benefits Of Ginger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.