Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,666 members, 7,854,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

The Merciful Would Go To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Merciful Would Go To Heaven (252 Views)

Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / Why God Is Patient And Merciful / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Merciful Would Go To Heaven by christainslove: 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
The bible says in Matthew 5:7 -Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy. This means that the merciful shall inherit the Kingdom of heaven but the wicked shall go to hell. God is angry with the wicked every day. Psalm 7:11-God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
Jesus gave us the example of the Good Samaritan. A man was left half dead by robbers. A priest and a Levite passed by without helping him. The Good Samaritan passed by and took pity on him .He took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day, the Good Samaritan even gave the ill-keeper money to take care of him and if he spent more than that he would pay for it when he came again.
Jesus asked who of the three was neighbor to the injured man. The lawyer said it was the one who showed him mercy (that is, the Good Samaritan)
Jesus said we should go and do likewise-that is be merciful like the Good Samaritan. It is a commandment so we have to obey or we go to hell
Meanwhile the rich man lived in luxury and did not help Lazarus the poor beggar with even the crumbs from his table. He was sent to hell and begged for even a drop of water.
A pastor wife said we should do acts of mercy. Do you know that little drops of water make a mighty ocean? .If we do at least a kind act a day (a little drop) it would make a mighty ocean of kindness.
We need to be kind in our thoughts, words and actions to everyone. Psalm 18:25 said -With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright;
Also Jesus said that- 34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
So this means that Jesus would move us to his right side and take us to heaven if we feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, go and help the prisoners, welcome strangers. But if we do not help others, we would be sent to hell.
Let’s resist Satan with the Word of God and prayer.
Satan would come and tempt you not to help others-Resist him with the Word of God-Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.
Then he shall tempt you to be afraid to help others because of what other people may do-Resist with the sword of the Spirit-God loves everyone.
The whole bible is the truth which can be used to resist Satan. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7-Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you
Let’s pray for God to help us be merciful.
In Jesus name-Please Father, help us to be merciful and enter the kingdom of heaven. Amen
Don’t forget if you give all your goods to the poor and have not love, it profited nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:3-And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
This means we have to love those we are helping. Pray to God to grant us the grace to love others.

(1) (Reply)

Fruitfulness: A Must! / How To Pray When About To Eat / Attention!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.