Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Anyone Plays The Guitar? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Anyone Plays The Guitar? (1130 Views)

Nairalander Singing/play The Guitar In Indiana Usa / Guitar Chords For Nigerian Songs!!! / Keziah Jones In Naija [this Guy Plays The Guitar Like No Other] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Plays The Guitar? by sharetroll(m): 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2007
I am lucky enough to have 3 electric guitars. The original is a Fender Stratocaster strung Mi-Composeé. It is signed by all of the Congolese musicians I meet and play with. The second is my main rhythm guitar with Affro-Muzika. It is a Schecter C1+ guitar that I added an LR Baggs X-Bridge to, giving it a true acoustic-electric guitar tone. My main lead guitar is an early-80s Aria Pro II RS-850 (similar to the main guitar of Diblo), which has an 18v active circuit, similar to the Steinbergers. Both my Schecter and Aria Pro II have 24 frets and I have had the bodies cut away further to facilitate playing in the extreme high register.
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by ikamefa(f): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2007
and?
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2007
Ika grin
lol leave him alone. he is a jimmy Hendrix, allow him.

@Share
nice, good to have a passion, i liked the strings at a point in my life,i played it till i was 9yrs and gave up. Didnt have anything fancy though. BF bought me a spanish acoustic, becos i tild him i wanted to pick it up again , but i have never touched it. You know your stuff , don't even know all that you got there.
Are you in a band or part of a club?
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by mukina2: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2007
i heard people like us cannot play guitar *lefties* grin grin
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by ikamefa(f): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2007
Eurphoria:

Ika grin
lol leave him alone. he is a jimmy Hendrix, allow him.
@Share
nice, good to have a passion, i liked the strings at a point in my life,i played it till i was 9yrs and gave up. Didnt have anything fancy though. BF bought me a spanish acoustic, because i tild him i wanted to pick it up again , but i have never touched it. You know your stuff , don't even know all that you got there.
Are you in a band or part of a club?

was just trying to see where he was going with the post
would love to play an instrument too  embarassed
i love the sax! or Harp!  embarassed grin
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2007
only Ika would like harp, i can imagine ur mad ass on a harp grin fukinhilarious
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by ikamefa(f): 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2007
Eurphoria:

only Ika would like harp, i can imagine your mad ass on a harp grin fukinhilarious

nahhhh! babes you just wait am gon be c'est juiceeee! grin
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2007
hehehe. you just dont know the pic i have in my head Ika,
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by soulpatrol(f): 1:52am On Jan 21, 2007
it would be nice if primary schools introduced instrument playing into their curriculum so that kids will know how to play at least one instrument by the time they're grown. its something i really wish i could do when i was younger. a lot of kids nowadays are into music. might as well teach them how to play a guitar/violin/piano etc. just a thought cool
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 21, 2007
soulpatrol:

it would be nice if primary schools introduced instrument playing into their curriculum so that kids will know how to play at least one instrument by the time they're grown. its something i really wish i could do when i was younger. a lot of kids nowadays are into music. might as well teach them how to play a guitar/violin/piano etc. just a thought cool

Excellent response! That is my one and only regret in life. . . that i never learnt to play an instrument when i was younger. I used to learn the keyboard then but my dad would have none of it, i would sneak to play then every saturday. Today he kinda regrets standing in my way but unfortunately i havent rediscovered my passion for it.
Have an electric guitar too but dont have that much time to devote to learning to play anymore! sad

First gift my kid gets when he's 2? An electric guitar and a keyboard!
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by soulpatrol(f): 5:30am On Jan 21, 2007
thank you jare. same here. i wonder why our parents get scared when they notice that we are into music? they prolly don't want us to end up as musicians ehn? cool
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2007
david you will give a 2yr old an electric guitar? shocked shocked i think you should start them off with a little accoustic one or a viola, or violin. But it all depends on the child cos they get bored if they are not really naturals. I guess i was not a natural, that's why i dithced music lessons at 9. Plus i didnt find 1hr of viola on a saturday funny at all angry
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by iice(f): 2:16am On Jan 22, 2007
Had piano lessons as a kid but i didnt stick with it because i got bored with it. Don't play the guitar but it's one of the instruments i want to learn just as soon as i get someone to teach me grin grin. I play a bit of the drums though.
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 22, 2007
the electric guitar is relatively easier than the acoustic guitar unless all you want to be playing is just chords.
Violin? Dont think so. I think the guitar is more universal and can be adapted to any kind of music.
2 hrs of hammering out tunes from smallwood on saturdays was the best thing then . . . well next to ice creams!
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 2:28am On Jan 22, 2007
ok good luck hope your bambinos love music wink
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by iice(f): 2:31am On Jan 22, 2007
Just gonna learn the chords first before branching out. Thing is i got friends who play, some are in bands, but no one has the time to teach me *wails*
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 2:33am On Jan 22, 2007
you dont need them(sticks tongue out at iice's friends) listen go get urself a dvd and learn urself, or a book. there are many dvds you can learn to.
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by iice(f): 2:35am On Jan 22, 2007
Yeah i thought about books but seems such a long way. But i'll look for dvds, i think that would be easier for me. thanks E cheesy kiss grin
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 2:38am On Jan 22, 2007
no probs kiss
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by ikamefa(f): 2:42am On Jan 22, 2007
iice:

Just going to learn the chords first before branching out. Thing is i got friends who play, some are in bands, but no one has the time to teach me *wails*

hehe grin let ika6 teach taught you! grin
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by Eurphoria(f): 2:43am On Jan 22, 2007
oh my!! that means she has to get drunk first ika
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by iice(f): 2:45am On Jan 22, 2007
ika6, you will teach taught me? grin grin I thought its the harp that was your own tongue
Re: Anyone Plays The Guitar? by ikamefa(f): 2:52am On Jan 22, 2007
Eurphoria:

oh my!! that means she has to get drunk first ika

yes now! wink grin

iice:

ika6, you will teach taught me? grin grin I thought its the harp that was your own tongue

Harp oh! and guitar and violin efri tin! tongue grin just pay your tuition fees in shots of paraga grin

(1) (Reply)

Modenine & Ruggedman - The Way Out / Wande Cole 's New Club Banger 'bumper 2 Bumper' / I Think Mi Raps Like Lil Wayne!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.