Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria (1468 Views)

Coca-cola Finally Acquires Chi Ltd / Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola / We Bought A Bottle Of Coca Cola For N900 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by gentlekeny(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
They are killing us slowly in Nigeria, and we do not know.
Apparently, for 9 years, a civil law case has been going on against Coca Cola Bottling Company, manufacturers of Fanta and Sprite, that impacts directly on our health and lives.

Let me try and paraphrase it, so una no go sleep off.
Basically, one Dr Fijabi, had in 2007, bought about N12 million worth of Fanta and Sprite drinks from Coca Cola Ltd, and exported same to the United Kingdom.

However, on reaching England, under Health and Safety regulations, the authorities tested the products and found them to contain "poisonous levels of Benzoic Acid and Sunset addictives" and were therefore declared "unfit for human consumption".

The whole export consignment was consequently destroyed.
Dr Fijabi therefore, sued Coca Cola for Negligence, breach of duty of care to its customers, and loss of earnings.
Fine.

Now comes the interesting part, so sit your yansh well :

The Almighty Coca Cola offered only one defence in court :
(1)That Mr Fijabi did not tell them he was going to Export the Fanta and Sprite to England;
(2)That they were indeed manufactured "FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION ONLY."
What
For local consumption?

Make I continue?? Hmmmmmmmmmm
So what Coca Cola Bottling Company is telling us, is that,
If they knew the Fanta and Sprite were to be exported to England, they would not have added so much poisonous acid;
But for the people of Nigeria, it is normal to poison us.
Chikena! Abasi!! Allah!!!!

That is the official courtroom statement of Coca Cola Bottling Company of Nigeria.
within the week, The Lagos High Court under Justice Adedayo Oyebanji, was 'crying' when She gave judgement against Coca Cola, declaring them callous and negligent.

She 'cursed the parents' of NAFDAC for not carrying out proper laboratory checks on 'minerals' production in Nigeria.
Cancer was listed as one of the ailments that the present Fanta and sprite can cause, especially if taken with Vitamin C tablets.
She therefore, ordered Coca Cola to henceforth add a WRITTEN WARNING on Fanta and Sprite bottles that

"this product must not be taken with Vitamin C."

Once again, Oyinbo has come to our rescue.
This is stuff you people in Nigeria should concern yourselves about,
Not whether Dollar has gone up or down.

Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by u3man(m): 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
God bless u
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by kally32(m): 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
WORD
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by chuks34(m): 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
Quite interesting.
Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Coca-Cola
How many times did I call u
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by mrsage(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
Very interesting case. The argument from NBC is disheartening
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by Drummerboy15(m): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
Educative
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by truekingmike(m): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
gentlekeny:
They are killing us slowly in Nigeria, and we do not know.
Apparently, for 9 years, a civil law case has been going on against Coca Cola Bottling Company, manufacturers of Fanta and Sprite, that impacts directly on our health and lives.

Let me try and paraphrase it, so una no go sleep off.
Basically, one Dr Fijabi, had in 2007, bought about N12 million worth of Fanta and Sprite drinks from Coca Cola Ltd, and exported same to the United Kingdom.

However, on reaching England, under Health and Safety regulations, the authorities tested the products and found them to contain "poisonous levels of Benzoic Acid and Sunset addictives" and were therefore declared "unfit for human consumption".

The whole export consignment was consequently destroyed.
Dr Fijabi therefore, sued Coca Cola for Negligence, breach of duty of care to its customers, and loss of earnings.
Fine.

Now comes the interesting part, so sit your yansh well :

The Almighty Coca Cola offered only one defence in court :
(1)That Mr Fijabi did not tell them he was going to Export the Fanta and Sprite to England;
(2)That they were indeed manufactured "FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION ONLY."
What
For local consumption?

Make I continue?? Hmmmmmmmmmm
So what Coca Cola Bottling Company is telling us, is that,
If they knew the Fanta and Sprite were to be exported to England, they would not have added so much poisonous acid;
But for the people of Nigeria, it is normal to poison us.
Chikena! Abasi!! Allah!!!!

That is the official courtroom statement of Coca Cola Bottling Company of Nigeria.
within the week, The Lagos High Court under Justice Adedayo Oyebanji, was 'crying' when She gave judgement against Coca Cola, declaring them callous and negligent.

She 'cursed the parents' of NAFDAC for not carrying out proper laboratory checks on 'minerals' production in Nigeria.
Cancer was listed as one of the ailments that the present Fanta and sprite can cause, especially if taken with Vitamin C tablets.
She therefore, ordered Coca Cola to henceforth add a WRITTEN WARNING on Fanta and Sprite bottles that

"this product must not be taken with Vitamin C."

Once again, Oyinbo has come to our rescue.
This is stuff you people in Nigeria should concern yourselves about,
Not whether Dollar has gone up or down.
here's the thing concerning the POISONING ISSUE ITZ THEIR ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE (TEMPERATURE) for example food rotten easily with Nigerian temperature if not refrigerated Buh UK's weather iz totally diff food could last5-6 day without being refrigerated #ND I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO do WHAT THEY DID TO LaCASERA DRINK
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by eezeribe(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
truekingmike:
here's the thing concerning the POISONING ISSUE ITZ THEIR ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUE (TEMPERATURE) for example food rotten easily with Nigerian temperature if not refrigerated Buh UK's weather iz totally diff food could last5-6 day without being refrigerated #ND I THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO do WHAT THEY DID TO LaCASERA DRINK

Opinion...
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by thegame(m): 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
The only part that got me really angry was the response... IT IS FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION, not for export.

What nonsense!

Are you saying we deserve less quality and more unsuitable composition than the whites? There should be an #occupyNBC movement. This is an insult to our existence and money
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by gentlekeny(m): 12:56am On Mar 19, 2017
There is one thing we need to note here:

(1)The people in the UK are same human being like us here in Nigeria.
If a product is unfit for consumption in the UK then it should be unfit too for consumption too in Nigeria.
ok...i know someone wants to say something but here is it....

If a British man comes to Nigeria and drinks the "Poisoned" Coca Cola product,
has he not drank something that if not good for human consumption?
Answer me o! Has he not?
Then what are the regulatory bodies doing?
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by Nwaonyeocha: 12:59am On Mar 19, 2017
Where are the activists?
We must march the streets and take off Coca-cola off the fridges in Nigeria.
''JUST A LOCAL BAN''

1 Like

Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2017
Food for thought!
As far as I'm concerned, all these soda drinks are POISON!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder kidney problem is on the increase.

1 Like

Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by rheether(f): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2017
And I cant go a day with fanta angry
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by Horus(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txx1DjvSf2k

See How Coca Cola Is Killing Nigerians
Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by AXYZ: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Lalasticlala
Seun

I think this is an eye-opener

1 Like

Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by Okuda(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
I knew it. The way people are just suffering from kidney diseases and cancer, it was obvious something was added to the food chain!

1 Like

Re: COCA COLA: How They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria by gentlekeny(m): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2017

(1) (Reply)

How To Exchange Bitcoin For Ethereum And Altcoins Instantly / . / How I Make Bitcoins Daily.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.