Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

How Do I Apply For UN Volunteering Programme In Nigeria ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Apply For UN Volunteering Programme In Nigeria ? (3824 Views)

Job Volunteering Tips For Job Seekers / United Nations (UN) Volunteering Abroad Jobs - Profiles In Demand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For UN Volunteering Programme In Nigeria ? by Talkingboy: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2017
how do I apply for UN Volunteering programme in Nigeria ?

pls help with d link . Thanks and wen will it close ?
Re: How Do I Apply For UN Volunteering Programme In Nigeria ? by bissalla: 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: How Do I Apply For UN Volunteering Programme In Nigeria ? by katily2(f): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
How to become a UNV Volunteer

UN Volunteer in NigeriaUN Volunteer in Nigeria. Photo: UNV Nigeria
There are two types of volunteers: international and national.
A Roster of IUNVs has been created and is managed at the UNV Headquarters in Bonn. You can visit the UNV web site and register to be a UNV volunteer www.unv.org

Candidates for national UNV positions are identified by Country Office Teams and/or host agencies in the country of assignment. UNV positions are advertised in local newspapers.
UNV profile:
University degree in a technical field;
Minimum of two years of professional work experience for NUNVs and five years for IUNVs in the relevant area;
Not younger than 25 years;
Good command of one of the UN languages.

Other Ways of volunteerism
UNVs online: http://www.onlinevolunteering.org (home-based and free of charge work). The UNV Online Volunteering service connects volunteers and development organizations to collaborate online for peace and development. On this dedicated website, development organizations post their online volunteering opportunities. Interested individuals identify opportunities that match their interests, expertise, and skills, and submit their applications directly to the organizations, which select the volunteers they would like to engage in their activities.
In addition, online volunteering gives you an opportunity to practice your skills, learn about other countries and contribute to sustainable development staying at home. Many people are involved in virtual volunteering because of time constrains, a disability or home-based obligations.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

New Job Openings At Appzone / 5 Jobs That Won't Exist In 10 Years / If Anybody Can Help Me Get Dis I Will Never In My Life Forget The Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.