Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

David Chisomeje: My Blogging And Hustling Story [episode 1] - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / David Chisomeje: My Blogging And Hustling Story [episode 1] (703 Views)

7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner / I Started Blogging And It Earned Me Almost $5k/month / See How Much Bishop David Oyedepo Pays As Salary To His School Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

David Chisomeje: My Blogging And Hustling Story [episode 1] by Notjustech: 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2017
David Chisomeje: The Blogging and Hustling story of a Nigerian Blogger+Ression

It all started after I graduated from High school here in Nigeria, my blogging dream started in one day, I never thought I would even one day own a blog that I can call my own and also that will be generating me income on monthly basis into my bank account.
Before I go into the full Details, My name is David Chisomeje, a Nigerian social media blogger, and a social media strategist.
When I first graduated from secondary school, I stayed at home for one year hoping for God way for admission into the tertiary institution of Nigeria, unfortunately after writing what we call, [UTME] Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
Unfortunately, all my writing jamb Examination was to no avail, because after coming out with high marks of 220+ I would be denied of admission when it comes giving student admission.

That year I was denied admission, I became very frustrated, I never knew what to do, so I started staying at home doing all the house chores, like washing of my siblings uniform, going to market to buy what I would cook.

Oh my God, this was like hell!

So I kept on doing this till one day, when I eventually followed my sibling to drop them for the holiday lesson going on in their church, I don’t really know what prompted me to stay there throughout that day, but I stayed there that day till the lesson finished .
During my brothers and sisters holiday lesson that was going on in the church, I came across one particular section, where a teacher was teaching a particular skill on ICT and I fell in love with this particular section and stayed there.
Wow! There must be something here.

So the teacher was looking cool and fresh, while teaching on website design, he thought us how to create a website, and it was really making a good sense, most especially when he said you can use this to make money, just like the richest blogger in Africa, Linda Ikeji he said.
When I heard this, I started smiling like as if I won a lottery pack.
You we Nigerians behave when we see or hear something good, so throughout that day he thought us the practical way on how to create and design a website in 5 minutes.

So at the end of that day, he gave us an assignment to go and create a blog using blogger’s platforms, and to be sincere, when I went home I did just exactly what the teacher said.
Luckily I was opportune to have a window 7 Laptop but I never knew what to use it for, not until the day I was thought how to create a blog using bloggers platform.

So when I went home, my mum was asking me David, I have never seen you as happy as this,
What is the reason of your happiness?

I kept smiling sheepishly!

She kept asking me, till I finally gave her the answer why I was just happy that day, when I told her head was just expanding, she was like

“Hai! Chineke Dalu”

And I was just smiling, I love smiling hard.

So I built a bloggers blog on blogger platform and I launched it, when I went for the next day lecture, the teacher asked us all that we should come and show him the assignment that he gave to us.
So I quickly got out my Laptop with excitements and I showed the class the blog I created, in fact I went to the extent of posting good articles which was like blogging in a general terms.

The teacher was so amazed, I was like the only one who came with the best and that day the whole students began to beg me to teach them, and I would just show them how to do it.
Mind you I never knew how to make money then.

About 35 people where just so amazed in what I did, so they all asked me to teach them, so I started teaching them at home, because they could not understand what teacher thought.

Still on my blogging and hustling story.
My parents were so amazed with my little productivity, and I was also happy with myself.
So after one year of researches, training and tutorial, I decided to come up with my blog, I read a lot of Indian bloggers and also how they made it in their blogging career.

Ammar Ali of Pakistan was my favourite blogger, so I just started following his blog series till I could launch my own blog.
In February 2015 I made up my mind to start a blog, and I started saving some money in order to start my own blog, but there was a lot involved.

My father Paid the money for me to launch my blog and I was very happy with me, now I started thinking of what name to give my company, I went too far by giving it a company name, because I dreamed big, I wanted my company to be a place where I would have a lot of workers just like Techpoint Nigeria.

On March 5th 2015, I officially launched my blog called Notjustech blog, which is www.notjustech.com and I was so happy.
Now what do I blog about, I’m the type that love social media, so I started blogging about social media stories and then keeping up with the social media trends. It even came to a point in my life where I started writing my own blog post without copying anyone blog post.
Now I started growing my readers, growing my blog subscribers, growing my traffic and all that.
It was really inspiring.

But there was a problem, I kept on blogging and staying on the laptop for 24 hours, but I was not making money, I keep on spending money and blogging but the money was not coming forth.

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/david.chisomeje
Watch out for Episode 2!
shocked[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

GIVE UP, TO GET UP - MUYIWA AFOLABI / Aviation Sales Officer-abuja / Ten REAL Facts About Life!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.