Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? (4951 Views)

My Galaxy C5 Can't Make Or Receive Calls,it Recognises D Presence Of Sim Card Ho / MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by Stevengold(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2017
I don't know if anyone experiences this, whenever I use 4G on my MTN Sim, I simply can't make calls, check account balance or receive calls, plz lemme know if anyone experiences same. Or could it be my phone? ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by psallmuel(m): 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
Scam alert
Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by dustmalik: 12:13am On Mar 21, 2017
MTN, just like Glo, doesn't support VoLTE, so you can't make calls over 4G LTE. Make sure you set the network mode to alternate between 2G, 3G and 4G, or 3G and 4G, or 2G and 4G, depending on the options available on your device. That way, even when you are browsing over 4G LTE, when a call is coming in, it automatically switches to either 2G or 3G, it would work seamlessly.

My point is, the reason you haven't been able to make calls, check account balance or receive calls is because you switched your network mode to 4G Only.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by Stevengold(m): 5:12am On Mar 21, 2017
dustmalik:
MTN, just like Glo, doesn't support VoLTE, so you can't make calls over 4G LTE. Make sure you set the network mode to alternate between 2G, 3G and 4G, or 3G and 4G, or 2G and 4G, depending on the options available on your device. That way, even when you are browsing over 4G LTE, when a call is coming in, it automatically switches to either 2G or 3G, it would work seamlessly.

My point is, the reason you haven't been able to make calls, check account balance or receive calls is because you switched your network mode to 4G Only.

Oh thanks.

Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by Stevengold(m): 5:12am On Mar 21, 2017
psallmuel:
Scam alert

Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by krimes: 6:37am On Mar 21, 2017
4G doesn't support voice calls or USSD operations. It's data only.

2 Likes

Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by JideSM: 9:58am On Mar 21, 2017
Stevengold:
I don't know if anyone experiences this, whenever I use 4G on my MTN Sim, I simply can't make calls, check account balance or receive calls, plz lemme know if anyone experiences same. Or could it be my phone? ?

Hi Stevengold, so sorry about this experience, I just want you to know that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are being discussed. I also will appreciate if you can send me your mobile number via private message to enable me assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards
Re: With MTN 4G I Can't Make Or Receive Calls Why? by GrandMufti: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
krimes:
4G doesn't support voice calls or USSD operations. It's data only.

They actually do. But your mobile operator will have to enable it. Smile and ntel are examples.

Like dustmalik said, Mtn and glo currently do not support volte

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Vtu / Help!!! My Tecno N9 Tablet Freezes In Startup / Glo Is Back With Its Speed!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.