Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

The Definition Of Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Definition Of Christian (428 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Definition Of Christian by GodsMopol: 11:35am On Mar 21, 2017
Naturally a Christian is meant to pray always, this prayer always in my own way of seeing it is a way of saying fellowshipping always, staying connected 24/7.

it could be the earpiece listening to the finest of worship songs and your heart is in melody all day, likewise setting out time for private fellowship, private fellowship in the sense that, either at work, before bed or after bed, let's just say when we are less busy, we could spend a little time in studying the Bible, am sorry to say this, never meant to get you angry, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, the question is, do you know too well about Jesus according to the Bible.

Can you say to yourself, the way I live my life, if people look at me, they would say, that reminds me of Jesus how He also did what am doing right now is as Jesus did it back in the Bible days, this is a call to spending more time with Jesus( Matthew, Mark, Luke, John*pocket Bible-Gideon Bible, him dey my pocket, bring it out like your phone and read as you enjoy your ride*), after then, we can read Paul, Paul was a follower of Christ also.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

I would have close but I want to add this, looking unto Jesus, the mentor, the control tower, where cometh our help, what does that mean, compare all that you do, with how Jesus did it, and pray much, Jesus spoke about the widow woman in Luke 18:1-7, how she never stopped praying, and v8 said, if I come, Jesus speaking, would I still find prayer on earth, men who's major business is not only to pray for the society, but also for all, that concerneth God. The will of God, the purpose of God, those who are intercessors, praying like men of old, who would interceded so much until they have no more strength to pray again.

Let us be imitators of them who through faith(much offering of incense Rev5 & 8 ) and patience obtained, this is a world of prayer, pray and pls pray, with time, you won't find it hard praying
Re: The Definition Of Christian by ifenes(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2017
There is no true Christian. But there are followers of Jesus.

A true Christian is someone I would refer to as a graduate of the teachings of Self. Someone who has learned to activate the hidden God in him/her. Someone who now moves mountain( desolves problems with ease) Is wise as snake( doesn't need guidians or the need to go to visit a designated building every Sunday). Basically is now a God,because Christ is a state at which a person is God( full activation of hidden talents)

But the fake Christian( follower of Jesus) think he must worship God on Sunday. Meanwhile all he does is worship the Sun on Sunday's as per the name " Sunday". He thinks he must read the bible and pray to God. Little did he know that there isn't a god but only him/ her can be a God. The fake Christian has been fooled for years, he/she is a pupil who needs to be fed all the time. 20 years of going to church and he is still a "child of God" but never an adult.

1 Like

Re: The Definition Of Christian by ifenes(m): 11:50am On Mar 21, 2017
Normally a student graduates into a master,but you see Christians learning from the pastor for years on repeated topics. Too much teaching leads to manipulation. When will you stop reading he bible and start writing your own books? To be a master, you must stop being a follower.
Re: The Definition Of Christian by ifenes(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2017
When will Christians learn to be themselves, their true selves and stop being "obedient" to a god? ( who supposly gave free will ) Only zombies act to instructions. Instructions are for learners and not experts. 40 years of going to church and nothing to show for it is a failure. Same applies to Muslims.
Re: The Definition Of Christian by GodsMopol: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
ifenes:
There is no true Christian. But there are followers of Jesus.

A true Christian is someone I would refer to as a graduate of the teachings of Self. Someone who has learned to activate the hidden God in him/her. Someone who now moves mountain( desolves problems with ease) Is wise as snake( doesn't need guidians or the need to go to visit a designated building every Sunday). Basically is now a God,because Christ is a state at which a person is God( full activation of hidden talents)

But the fake Christian( follower of Jesus) think he must worship God on Sunday. Meanwhile all he does is worship the Sun on Sunday's as per the name " Sunday". He thinks he must read the bible and pray to God. Little did he know that there isn't a god but only him/ her can be a God. The fake Christian has been fooled for years, he/she is a pupil who needs to be fed all the time. 20 years of going to church and he is still a "child of God" but never an adult.

I understand your pains sir, I share the same view with you bro, I notice one thing about those who say they hate Christianity and love Jesus, they are tired of every Sunday Christianity, but lemme add this, I was Anglican, and I have to hid to pray sometimes, I have to sneak to read my Bible, bro, I hid because they feel its getting too much, imagine ooo, my parents are saying my prayers are too much and it was reported to the church counsel and they can't say this or that in support, that shows how dead Christianity has become, I was on this platform and I heard a pastor converted to muslim, you see Christians become atheist and you see churches doing all sort of things to make their members like staying in the church when there is nothing they would offer. Early this year, I was walking to Church and I would say, I never felt any glory around the 3 churches I passed by, it was the other way round, demonic presence
Re: The Definition Of Christian by GodsMopol: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
I believe your pastor or you love to read Eph 4:11-15

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Re: The Definition Of Christian by GodsMopol: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2017
Jump
Re: The Definition Of Christian by GodsMopol: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2017

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(thur. 23/03/2017) / No Mistake Is Beyond God's Mercy (A Must Read For Everyone) / A Piece Of Me To Apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.