Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,080 members, 7,953,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree (516 Views)

JAMB Official Makes U-turn, Says N36m ‘collected By Superior’ — NOT Snake / Your Degree Is Good But A Skill Is Better. / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology Which Course Is More Superior To The Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree by kinibigdeal(m): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
The truth is, many of us are feeling unfulfilled in our careers, which is majorly due to many moving on a path that doesnt connect to their passion. The economic situation of the country have made many people to dump their PASSION for money or DEGREE, yet they live an unfulffilled life.
Have you ever wondered why many Banker's looked unhappy? Have you ever wondered why some people are showing some ugly attitude when you approach them at work? Have you ever wondered why some customer service agents respond to customers query negatively? I think i have some answers, ''many are not enjoying what they are doing''. The passion for work is gone! Many of us are following a career path we are not distined for, you keep wondering why people that seems to have everything in life keep commiting suicide daily, many are actually not spiritual, many are just tired of life through their job ethics.

Look at this scenerio

Charly boy was forced to study law, after completing his degree, his father had already secure a position for him in a reputable oil firm as the coy PRO, Charly boy rejected the job for his passion. Before is father died, he said ''i regret not supporting my son's passion, he has a street in Lagos today, with all my degree's, i have none''. Fela Anikulapo story was similar to this and some other successful celebrity you know today.
Passion drives everything, you may not acquire the same assets as Dangote following your passion but you will always have an inner happiness in you to live a fulfilled life. Money or degree can also be powerful too, it can build empires and break down kingdoms but can it sustain happiness? When some people choose their careers, they are sometimes blinded by money or accumulation of degree. I will ask anyone today, have you ever seen or heard of anyone that made it big through degree? If you have seen, kindly name them here.

In my opinion, what does passion give that a degree cannot

1. Passion give you freedom, Degree enslaves you

Dont get me wrong, a degree can lead to passion if you study what will give you fulfillment but otherwise, how do you have freedom when you have to wake as early as possible from Mon-Fri to work under a man that follow is own passion. With all your accumulated degree's you still end up working under someone that followed is passion. Instead of building other people's passion, why not build yours! You worked hard to earn a first class degree but you end up working under a boss that make your life miserable. Why not choose a career path that make you happy

2. If your degree is your passion then you will be passionate about the work you are doing

If your discipline in the varsity coincide with your passion and your passion is your current job, you have no reason not to be happy with your job

3. Passion create fulfillment, Degree does not

With all your degree's in life, you may end up working under a man with no degree but with passion for sustainability. If PhD make billionare, go to our universities and see the state of our lecturers. Afterall if PhD create wealth, no one will end up as a lecturers. Havent you noticed that many that organized nationwide strike actions are those with many degree. Are they happy with their jobs? Are they fulfilled? Are they happy acquiring those many degrees and working under an heartless government? If you estimate what many have spent acquiring degrees and you correlate it with what they currently earn, then you understand my point. Your passion can be a degree to teach but many follow other people's passion and remain unfulfilled in life.

4. Passion build a house on the rock, Degree build hers on a sinking sand

You may argue with my point here but in my honest opinion i think is the truth. Degree may give you fame, money, assets etc but they are temporary. Think about losing a job, think about getting fired unprepared but If you work for someone in alignment with your passion, even though you get fired, your passion will sustain you, that is, you can be independent.

5. Passion gives you fame, degree does not

You may have a first class degree with the media all over you, maybe because you broke a record that had never be broken in school. After all the media hype, what happens aftermath? But your passion will sustain your fame no matter what!

In conclusion

If degree is your passion, go for it if that will make you happy but if degree is not, do not follow the trends that will make you unfulfilled. Do not follow other peoples passion because it is the easiest root to regret. If tayloring is your passion, follow it, if blogging is yours follow it, do not copy Linda Ikeji or Seun Osewa it may lead to your own failure. The number one reason why we fail is because we follow other people's passion because they are succeeding in it. Follow what makes you happy
Re: Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree by izzou(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
grin

Nice write up.

But some times,passion won't provide enough to pay the bills
Re: Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
@kinibigdeal

Perhaps you mean to talk about PURPOSE, not just passion.

Let's say you're passionate about R&B music. You love testing out your voice in the bathroom and you really believe that, compared to you, Chris Brown is a learner.

But what if you're not "cut out" for music?

You could end up frustrated, as you may not see rewards that will match all your passionate actions.

Knowing WHY you are here is much more important than merely having a passion. And self-discovery is more of a journey; you can always find out new talents hidden in you.

Among other things, your educational career can help you in that process of evolution; in some cases, it could even help you know what NOT to focus on.

The key thing is to always keep growing, always keep learning.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree by Aminu212: 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
nice info
Re: Why Your Passion Is More Superior Than Your Degree by kinibigdeal(m): 1:29am On Mar 22, 2017
alignacademy:
@kinibigdeal

Perhaps you mean to talk about PURPOSE, not just passion.

Let's say you're passionate about R&B music. You love testing out your voice in the bathroom and you really believe that, compared to you, Chris Brown is a learner.

But what if you're not "cut out" for music?

You could end up frustrated, as you may not see rewards that will match all your passionate actions.

Knowing WHY you are here is much more important than merely having a passion. And self-discovery is more of a journey; you can always find out new talents hidden in you.

Among other things, your educational career can help you in that process of evolution; in some cases, it could even help you know what NOT to focus on.

The key thing is to always keep growing, always keep learning.

Cheers!

Well, you are right, the two work hand in hand

(1) (Reply)

I Need Prompt Response Please / Check Names Of Successful Candidates At Nigerian Navy Aptitude Test 2017/2018. / I registered for JAMB today with no stress in Benin City [My Experience]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.