Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians (878 Views)

5 Nigerians Rob & Rape Ghanaian Lady In The Presence Of Her Husband, Film It / Names Of The 5 Nigerians In The Dubai Robbery As Abike Dabiri Reacts / Ghana Police Arrest 5 Nigerians For Selling Joystick & Buttocks Enlargement Drug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
The Nigeria Union in South Africa, on Tuesday said five Nigerians had been attacked in Polokwane, Limpopo Province of that country in renewed xenophobic attacks.

Mr Collin Mgbo, Secretary of the Union in the Province, told newsmen, on telephone from Polokwane that three of the five Nigerians attacked were in critical condition in the hospital.

I received a call that a Nigerian was attacked at Ivy Park in Polokwane on March 15. I got to the scene and saw that the Nigerian was almost dead, his house was looted and burnt”, he said.

Mgbo said another Nigerian was also attacked in the same neighbourhood same day and that while he got to the scene, the mob left the wounded man and descended on him.
“ They left the wounded Nigerian and faced me. They destroyed my car and I managed to escape and ran to a police station”, he said.

The secretary added that three Nigerians, including the owner of a mechanic’s garage, were attacked at Moledji, near Polokwane .
“ Their shops and houses were looted, vandalised and destroyed. The local chapter of the union has reported these attacks to the South African police, Nigerian mission and national secretariat of our union.
“Our national secretariat is on top of the situation. As we speak, three Nigerians in the hospital are in critical condition and I do not know if they will survive because of the severity of the attack”, he said.

Mgbo urged the Federal Government to persuade its South African counterpart to ensure the safety of Nigerians in their country.
When contacted on phone, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olusola Enikanolaye, said the ministry had not been briefed about the incident.

He, however, promised to get back to nwesmen after inquiry from the Nigerian High Commission in South Africa.
Similar, in February, property worth millions of dollars belonging to Nigerians, were destroyed.
The Federal Government later sent a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffry Onyeama and his Interior counterpart, retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau to South Africa for discussion on curtailment of the attacks.

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/xenophobia-safrica-attacked-5-nigerians/
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by ExAngel007(f): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
THESE S.A PPLE ARE CRAZY
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by fiizznation: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
What is wrong with some south-Africans? I think is high time the foolish senators invite the south-African ambassador to Nigeria to their hallowed chamber. Some serious questions need to answered by him and his xenophobic government.

And if we don't get good answers from the SA ambassador, well some of their companies(especially MTN) here in Nigeria should be sanctioned.

Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
And yet Google, SABC news & South Africans have no knowledge of this. Wouldn't be surprised if this report is again blamed on Meganews360, the so called South African website.
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:
And yet Google, SABC news & South Africans have no knowledge of this. Wouldn't be surprised if this report is again blamed on Meganews360, the so called South African website.
The growing hatred of black ( Nigerian in particular) is alarming. The funniest part is that after perpetrating such unjustifiable act, they still find a way to defend themselves...

They forget so easily that the blacks make up a handful of their economy
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

The growing hatred of black ( Nigerian in particular) is alarming. The funniest part is that after perpetrating such unjustifiable act, they still find a way to defend themselves...

They forget so easily that the blacks make up a handful of their economy

Erm yeah...just stop reporting fake news.
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:

Erm yeah....
Good
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

What do you mean fake news... Can't you use the link to check things out yourself

Hello? I'm South African & I'm in South Africa, don't you think I'd know if something like that was happening again? Just to make sure I wasn't oblivious, I checked the internet for any news on your report-no mention of it. I checked the SABC news website-no mention of it. I even went as far as calling a friend in Polokwane (Limpopo) & she knows nothing about the attacks you're talking about. Not sure which South Africans did it, when even South Africans are hearing this for the 1st time. Thing is, you guys like to report fake news without double checking with several sources before hitting the submit button. Sorry to burst your bubble (no not sorry), but it appears your story is fictitious according to "word on the streets".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
ExAngel007:
THESE S.A PPLE ARE CRAZY
You don't go about killing people in the name of racism. Advanced nation like USA, Russia and Germany have gone pass this show of barbarism
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
To prove that your story is fake, google Ivy Park & compare it to the images in your story.
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:
To prove that your story is fake, google Ivy Park & compare it to the images in your story.
ZarZar, why are getting yourself worked up unnecessarily?

You don't expect any South African media to carry news relating to racism and terrorism expecially when it been carried by themselves...

As the saying goes, the person wearing the shoe knows exactly where it pinches... I almost cried when I watch on CGTN some weeks back how Nigerian are being butchered like animals. Shop burnt, businesses crashed...

In fact, this has been happening for a while now and the least you can do as South African is not to encourage this insanity
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

ZarZar, why are getting yourself worked up unnecessarily?

You don't expect any South African media to carry news relating to racism and terrorism expecially when it been carried by themselves...

As the saying goes, the person wearing the shoe knows exactly where it pinches... I almost cried when I watch on CGTN some weeks back how Nigerian are being butchered like animals. Shop burnt, businesses crashed...

In fact, this has been happening for a while now and the least you can do as South African is not to encourage this insanity

Dude, the South African media would have jumped on this story like a bird on a junebug. We don't sweep things under the carpet. Period. You guys just like to suck the marrow out of everything relating to South Africa, whether fact or fiction. If you wanna shed a few more tears, check out NL stories & get over the South Aftican issue because by the looks of it, you got a lot to cry about as a nation. This is getting boring to say the least.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:

Dude, the South African media would have jumped on this story like a bird on a junebug. We don't sweep things under the carpet. Period. You guys just like to suck the marrow out of everything relating to South Africa, whether fact or fiction. If you wanna shed a few more tears, check out NL stories & get over the South Aftican issue because by the looks of it, you got a lot to cry about as a nation. This is getting boring to say the least.
The way you talk baffles me. You know what I called a constructive argument is realising when you are been beaten.

Now, if perhaps this act hasn't been committed in the past or at least, a month ago, your argument would have been tenable. But heck, everything you said is born out of your love and sentiment for your country, so I wouldn't blame you for being such a bigot.

The way you talked, you are making look as if South Africa is at fore front other countries when it comes to world power. Check out leading nation like China, USA, though they may exercise some bit of racism but not in this barbaric manner.

However, lack of education and sensitization caused it. When people are not being properly guided about the importance of foreigners in building nations economy, they tend to see outsiders as their own problems

Let me ask you one question. When was the recent xenophobic attack? Please, be sincere
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

The way you talk baffles me. You know what I called a constructive argument is realising when you are been beaten.

Now, if perhaps this act hasn't been committed in the past or at least, a month ago, your argument would have been tenable. But heck, everything you said is born out of your love and sentiment for your country, so I wouldn't blame you for being such a bigot.

The way you talked, you are making look as if South Africa is at fore front other countries when it comes to world power. Check out leading nation like China, USA, though they may exercise some bit of racism but not in the barbaric manner.

However, lack of education and sensitization caused it. When people are not being properly guided about the importance of foreigners in building nations economy.

Let me ask you one question. When was the recent xenophobic attack? Please, be sincere

Meh. Google the answer yourself but it sure wasn't Tuesday as your fake report claims.
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:

Meh. Google the answer yourself but it sure wasn't Tuesday as your fake report claims.
Good thing you agree that this insanity is actually taking place... We are going somewhere.
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Good thing you agree that this insanity is actually taking place... We are going somewhere.

Talking about insanity, don't you have cultist, ritualist & dog eaters etc over there? I heard some guy euthanized his dog in fear that some people were going to eat it shocked Now that's insane!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:

Talking about insanity, don't you have cultist, ritualist & dog eaters over there? I heard some guy euthanized his dog in fear that some people were going to eat it shocked Now that's insane!
Now you are displaying your prejudice for the world to see again. I want a civilized discussion but your sense of reasoning is tilted.

However, what I mean by "insanity" is contextual to the subject racism. Yes every society, nations have cultists and what I view but should they be against foreigners alone? I guess Not.

My problem with South African is that inspite of the numerous advantages they can derive from foreigners, they go as far as killing them to send a Message to them that they are not welcome..

You know why I like Donald Trump? He spelt it out loud that some sets of people aren't welcome in the state and that to me is real Leadership. Not the one who condole manslaughter...

I'll so love it if you engage me without prejudices
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Now you are displaying your prejudice for the world to see again. I want a civilized discussion but your sense of reasoning is tilted.

However, what I mean by "insanity" is contextual to the subject racism. Yes every society, nations have cultists and what I view but should they be against foreigners alone? I guess Not.

My problem with South African is that inspite of the numerous advantages they can derive from foreigners, they go as far as killing them to send a Message to them that they are not welcome..

You know why I like Donald Trump? He spelt it out loud that some sets of people aren't welcome in the state and that to me is real Leadership. Not the one who condole manslaughter...

You know what my problem is discussing this issue, the hypocrisy. You talk about South Africans killing people in the name of "racism", when you do the same thing in the name of tribalism. So why should I entertain this matter when you barely bat an eyelid when it is happening on your doorstep? Instead some of you cheer. How do you expect me not to be dismissive? Don't preach brotherly love when you yourself don't give it to each other. Me & you are strangers, so don't expect more from me when you get less from those you share a nationality with. It ends there.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Btw, did you know that some of the raids conducted by immigration officers in South Africa, the whistle blowers are often other foreigners? They do this to each other out of jealousy & spite. See whatamean by that one love thing you expect us to have, when you don't even have loyalty & unity amongst yourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
ZarZar:

Btw, did you know that some of the raids conducted by immigration officers in South Africa, the whistle blowers are often other foreigners? They do this to each other out of jealousy & spite. See whatamean by that one love thing you expect us to have, when you don't even have loyalty & unity amongst yourselves.
Zar Zar, when you stop spitting hate, I'll engage you further...

Sleep well o
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Zar Zar, when you stop spitting hate, I'll engage you further...

Sleep well o

I'm actually the most loving person you'll ever meet grin Just make sure when you're pointing fingers, that none are pointing back at you. Bottom line.

Anyway, sleep well too o smiley
Re: Xenophobia: Again S/africa Attacked 5 Nigerians by 14(m): 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
TheSlyone2:

You don't go about killing people in the name of racism. Advanced nation like USA, Russia and Germany have gone pass this show of barbarism

The problem we are only looking or see SA at fault and ignoring the real issues here. If you have 250 000 nigerians in south africa, ask yourself why dont you have 250 000 South africans in Nigeria. When you discover your answer, it would be the reason why all this is happening.

You have large number of poor nigerians going to seek better life in South Africa, when they arrive there, they meet the locals who are poor, also looking to better their lives. The pie is so little, and the people are many. Thats where the issues are, poor locals and poor foreigners fighting for that small pie. So, can you blame South africa alone in this case and forget to look at the countries where these foreigners are coming from.

South africa resources cant carter for every African, parkistani, bangladeshi. The soon the leaders across africa start to take good care of their citizens, there wont be these xenophobia.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Declared Wanted In Egypt For Human Trafficking / Ikorodu Ritual Killing Update: Pastor Kills Boy, Buries Head At Church’s Altar / Photos Of Badoo Cult Group Member Apprehended In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.