Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? (1517 Views)

How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? / When Did You Know You'd Be Bagging A 3rd Class (or Pass) ? / 3rd Class Degree Holders& Banking Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by Ceceman(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
Tru out my period in sch, i worked for 2:1, though i faced lots of difficulties, but i kept d determination, hopping that at worst my result 'll be 2:2. A request came from my H.O'D's secretary for me to sleep with her inorder to make 2:1, heaven knows i rejected the offer. But now my result is 3rd class, i don't know how, and i can't believe this. In my lineage none has ever had such grade. Pls friends what do i do, what do i tell my people? Two people promised to assist me with job, one in Glo, d other in Zenith with 2:1. I need councelling pls. Thanks and God's favour all. [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by Puvguy: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2009
aniliseg quite an inspiring story about your bro so poster u can learn something there.
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by AjanleKoko: 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2009
@poster, I'm not normally like this, but, with all due respect, this reads like horsecrap.

Ceceman:

A request came from my H.O'D's secretary for me to sleep with her inorder to make 2:1, heaven knows i rejected the offer.

Is this a joke? Since when do HOD's secretaries have control over your results, from 100 level to final year? What did she do, go through your records and change all your As and Bs to Ds and Es? We know this is Nigeria, but then  . . .  haba!
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by Puvguy: 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2009
AjanleKoko:

@poster, I'm not normally like this, but, with all due respect, this reads like horsecrap.

Is this a joke? Since when do HOD's secretaries have control over your results, from 100 level to final year? What did she do, go through your records and change all your As and Bs to Ds and Es? We know this is Nigeria, but then  . . .  haba!

I think this is not necessary. The poster wanted suggestions not heckling. He's already down with third class and a reply like this won't help.
I know it's not your fault he got third class but a benefit of doubt is not above u.
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by AjanleKoko: 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2009
Puvguy:

I think this is not necessary. The poster wanted suggestions no heckling. He's already down with third class and a reply like this won't help.
I know it's not your fault he got third class but a benefit of doubt is not above u.

Dude. This is not about 3rd class. He won't be the first or the last, and it may not even be his fault, really. But the story is highly implausible.
How can somebody come out and say his HOD's secretary prevented him from getting a 2.2? Because he refused to sleep with her? Haba.
I rest my case.
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by Don1Dee(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2009
@aniiseg
Can i reach that your brother one on one
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by Ceceman(m): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2009
I don't know how to express my gratitude to you aniiseg, and Puvguy, but to u Ajanlekoko pipe low, life is not all about Certificate, It entails some thn different! I think I'll be ignoring my call up letter by Feb/March. I've gotten a Visa to S.A. I'll be leaving b4 d end of Jenuary, thank God because i can't withstand d shame, but I'll do my Y.service sm yrs after. Thanks all, God dey!
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by AjanleKoko: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2009
Ceceman:

I don't know how to express my gratitude to you aniiseg, and Puvguy, but to u Ajanlekoko pipe low, life is not all about Certificate

You don't even know the half of it.
Wishing you better luck with the 'secretaries' grin undecided
Re: Undeserved 3rd Class Grade: What Next? by gongoaso1: 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Dude. This is not about 3rd class. He won't be the first or the last, and it may not even be his fault, really. But the story is highly implausible.
How can somebody come out and say his HOD's secretary prevented him from getting a 2.2? Because he refused to sleep with her? Haba.
I rest my case.

My sentiments exactly. I read the story and I was like WDF!!! Why not look for another reason, the one you chose is too watery abeg  tongue
cos it was your HOD's sec. that marked all your scripts and gave you the low grades through out your schooling 
And if you story is true, why didn't you take it up with the right authorities huh

You are looking for advise,simply ask and you will get good ones, but just spare us the hokum you just spewed  angry
Move on, package your self and the sky will be your starting point. But cleanse urself of self- righteousness first, sucks big time.  wink

(1) (Reply)

I Need The Best Country To Study A Msc Degree / Quality Control/assurance Personnel In Food & Beverage Industry / Can I Do Masters In Economics Or Business Adm With My Agric. Extension Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.