Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format (11682 Views)

Can A Jpeg, Png Or Gif Carry Virus? / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format / How Can I Attach A Text File To A VB.NET Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
pls help on how to convert a folder i store it in c drive of my computer i want to conver it to jpeg so i can send via e-mail
Re: How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by yawatide(f): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2009
hmm, I don't think you can convert and entire folder to a file format. Try this and let us know if it works:

1) Open windows explorer and navigate to the folder in question.
2) Locate the file you want to change
3) Highlight the file and hit F2
4) scroll to the end of the file name and enter ".jpg" - you should get a warning about changing file extensions at this point. Just accept it

5) Open a browser, navigate to that file and make sure that you can actually open the jpg file

6) if #5 passes, go ahead and email the file as an attachment.

good luck!
Re: How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by maxdi(m): 7:13am On Dec 22, 2009
yawa-ti-de is right

The only wise thing to do is change the file extension but not all file format will accept that.

Good luck
Re: How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by logica(m): 9:58am On Dec 22, 2009
LOL!

Don't you think an archive format will be more appropriate (such as the popular .ZIP)?
Re: How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by ABAboi: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
I dont think this is possible but This is possibly the best option here,
logica:

LOL!

Don't you think an archive format will be more appropriate (such as the popular .ZIP)?

If you would like to do this,
yawa-ti-de:

hmm, I don't think you can convert and entire folder to a file format.  Try this and let us know if it works:

1) Open windows explorer and navigate to the folder in question.
2) Locate the file you want to change
3) Highlight the file and hit F2
4) scroll to the end of the file name and enter ".jpg" - you should get a warning about changing file extensions at this point.  Just accept it

5) Open a browser, navigate to that file and make sure that you can actually open the jpg file

6) if #5 passes, go ahead and email the file as an attachment.

good luck!

You will have to edit you folder properties to display its extension
Re: How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by ogzille(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2009
Dear what do u really want to achieve
Re: How To Convert Folder/file To Jpeg Format by youngbobby(m): 11:55am On Jan 01, 2010
Why don't u "zip" it up instead ?

(1) (Reply)

Computer Science/programming Challenging Questions / Steering The Wheel Of Tech Startups In Nigeria / Can Obfuscated Php Script Be Decoded?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.