Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 (3061 Views)

Coconut Without Meat: Has Anyone Seen This Type Of Coconut Before? (Photos) / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) / Woman Finds Salamander In Her Pot Of Soup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by GoodMuyis(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
I have have being seeing a lot of ridiculous Status update on Social media, claiming an house wife should be able to cook soup with ₦250 some even go as low as ₦50. So as a Sustainable Bachelor I decide to try it out and the soup end up being chop and clean mouth for the Husband and wife BUT chop and die for visitor.

Ingredient
Fish = 100 (my mistake! it swallow my money)
Palm oil 100 (Necessary)
Beaf Seasoning = 30
Okro 30
Pepper 20 (Didnt finish it, am not pepper fan)
Iru = 10;
Modified: Bitter Leaf added but free
Other Items: Readily Available

Result: Soup for the Beggers

For the fact That I can cook, I still credit Cookers, because Kitchen can be Dangerous at time.
Am going to try another soup Combo, with same amount or less, to see if I can do better,
Not that The soup is not done yet

1 Like

Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by kinibigdeal(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nah! that most be a sacrifice...cc: Myndd
Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by ITbomb(m): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
Just tell us the procedure, I'm interested
Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by waxxydude: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Even the gods of okpara would reject this.

1 Like

Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by Yuneehk(f): 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
Op where do you stay? Finding it hard to believe you got okro #30 and Iru#10. Also tell me you didn't pour #100 palm oil inside this kenkele soup.

The fish took up your money yea but your soup will come out tasty having the fish flavour. Please try bitterleaf soup next/Egusi and invite me to eat.
Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by Yuneehk(f): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
waxxydude:
Even the gods of okpara would reject this.
That's because the gods of okpara have never been hungry tongue If confirm Hunger catch you eh, gi mara what's up
Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by GoodMuyis(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
ITbomb:
Just tell us the procedure, I'm interested

This doesnt need procedure, its just cooking Okro soup, with bitter leaf
Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
Is it still cooking?

Waiting for photos of the finished product
Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by Assurance1000(f): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Food items must be very cheap in your area. l made Okro soup few days ago and N100 nor reach anything.

1 Like

Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by Juliearth(f): 5:32am On Mar 24, 2017
GoodMuyis:
I have have being seeing a lot of ridiculous Status update on Social media, claiming an house wife should be able to cook soup with ₦250 some even go as low as ₦50. So as a Sustainable Bachelor I decide to try it out and the soup end up being chop and clean mouth for the Husband and wife BUT chop and die for visitor.

Ingredient
Fish = 100 (my mistake! it swallow my money)
Palm oil 100 (Necessary)
Beaf Seasoning = 30
Okro 30
Pepper 20 (Didnt finish it, am not pepper fan)
Iru = 10;
Modified: Bitter Leaf added but free
Other Items: Readily Available

Result: Soup for the Beggers

For the fact That I can cook, I still credit Cookers, because Kitchen can be Dangerous at time.
Am going to try another soup Combo, with same amount or less, to see if I can do better,
Not that The soup is not done yet

Okra soup can be prepared without palm oil... augment the Fish to 150 naira(or maybe replace that with ponmo cos its way cheaper than Fish) and purchase 70 naira worth of okra...you'd end up with a mediocre( but tasty) and healthy pot of okra soup that can be eaten twice or thrice...moreso,you'd have an extra 10 naira for sachet water.

1 Like

Re: Photo: This Is The Type Of Soup Your Wife Will Cook For ₦250 by GoodMuyis(m): 11:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tried A new Combo today,details later

(1) (Reply)

How To List Your Food Business On Jumia Food And Start Making Money / Help,i want to know how to cook Afang soup / Ijaw Delicacy Of The Niger-deltans Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.