Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Lost Opinion (story) - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Lost Opinion (story) (339 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lost Opinion (story) by StarOnEarth(m): 12:07am On Mar 23, 2017
Kojo was born into a family of five , as the only boy he felt he would turn things around in his family and get his mother the latest kaive wrapper in town, she has always wished for it because most women in the village had one or more,he also wants to get his father a bicycle to take him to and fro around the village. The rest of his father children were always at home,locked inside the house to prevent people from getting the notion that they didn't go to school ,since Kojo was the man of the house he would go out to work and get food for his family.
Papa Kojo was a small scale farmer in his youth days, he has always lived in abject poverty, at a point in his life he cursed God for making him go through lots of suffering but yet he still prays to God for his children not to experience the same hardluck he went trough. Seeing Kojo struggle so hard brings bitterness to his heart, he sees himself while looking at the boy but changing Kojo life was almost impossible for him.
Papa Kojo called him on a Saturday morning, he has been sitting under the tree for hours lost in deep thought, tears roll down his eyes as Kojo walk towards him but swiftly he wipe off the tears to prevent Kojo from noticing, "have a sit Kojo, I called you to let you know some vital things about life" Kojo replied "yes sir" " I want you to know that HAPPINESS COMES FROM THINGS WE FEEL AND NOT THE THINGS WE SEE, at every point in your life that you are sad, let it be known to you that you can feel the happiness from the inside when you allow it to be felt. Kojo replied "but papa why are you saying all this? With tears in his eyes he continue talking " another thing I want you to know is that PEOPLE SOMETIMES ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM TO BE AT YOUR DARKEST MOMENT, the last and the most important thing I want you to always remember is..................." Papa Kojo started coughing so hard, Kojo went in quickly to get him a cup of water but he came back to meet the lifeless body of his father, he screamed at the top of his voice which made his mother and siblings came out.
For days tears and agony was the the order of the day in Kojo's compound, they keep wondering the next stage of suffering they were about to experience, mama Kojo was more worried about Kojo, he had locked himself up inside a room, refuses to talk to anyone and even eat, he had cried and cried till there were no more tears in his eyes, a lot of things have been going through his mind, he was worried that he couldn't get the most important opinion of life from his father "what should I do now? How would I feed my family? The best thing to do is to move to the city without the consent of my family because am sure they will not let me go, I'll make money and come back in few years time to take care of them." And then he slept off.

let the comment begin as we wait for the next episode

mayorwritings..com for more stories

(1) (Reply)

Fact / Why You Must Read Your Books REGULARLY / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.