Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers (1345 Views)

Apply For Andela Nigeria Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / 2018 Andela Fellowship Technical Leadership Program For Nigerians / Apply For Andela Learning 2017 Program – Learn Android Development For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 5:38am On Mar 23, 2017
Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program is a blend of personalized instruction, supported self-study and hands-on experience building real products. Instead of paying tuition, as you would for a traditional academic program, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits throughout your four years with Andela.

After successfully completing the initial training period, you’ll be fully prepared to start working with one of our clients as a full-time, distributed team member. During the remaining 3.5 years, you’ll apply your knowledge to client work, while receiving ongoing professional and technical development, coaching and mentorship.

We’ve built our program on the belief that brilliance is evenly distributed, but the opportunity is not. We believe that real-world experience is invaluable and that professional skills are as critical as technical skills. We’ve created a blended learning environment (in-person and online) that encompasses the professional and technical skills you need to become Africa’s next generation of technology leaders:

Supported self-study technical curricula
Professional soft skills training

1:1 guidance
Realistic project simulations
Mentorship from world-class senior trainers
Peer learning groups that consist of other brilliant people with whom you’ll build lifelong friendships
International client access
Our technical curricula span the five most in-demand programming languages:

Ruby / Ruby on Rails
Python / Django
PHP / Laravel
MEAN Stack
Mobile Development (Android and iOS)

Program Benefits:

Competitive monthly salary
High speed fibre internet
Financing plans for accommodations and a Macbook Pro
Breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday
Healthcare coverage
Savings account ($5,000 USD upon completion of Fellowship)
A community of excellence
A chance to change the world
Career Benefits:

We are training future leaders committed to helping others succeed. As you advance in the program, you’ll mentor and support the next generation of Andela fellows. The Technical Leadership Program prepares you for endless career paths, including founding your own company, moving into management positions at Andela, and taking leadership roles at local and global tech companies. Graduates become a part of an exclusive alumni network and have access to career support, advice and opportunities.

Andela is not easy. Andela is a commitment and in many ways a sacrifice. But it is a worthwhile one, and if you give it your all, you will become truly world-class.

About Andela – Andela connects companies with top technical talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. From SeatGeek to Microsoft, companies at all stages have partnered with Andela to accelerate their product roadmaps while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires.

Application Process

Stage 1 – Application & Aptitude Assessment – First you’ll complete a free application so we can learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit. (You’ll receive an email with next steps within 2 days of applying).

Stage 2 – Home Study – Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack community called ‘Open Andela’ to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.

Stage 3 – Interview – If selected you’ll be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at an Andela campus. (You’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview stage. Please see below for the recruitment calendar.)

Stage 4 – 2 Weeks Boot Camp – Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time bootcamp at an Andela campus led by senior developers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion and teamwork.

Stage 5 – Offer – The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.

Andela Fellowship Technical Leadership Program Schedule
Application Deadline: April 7th, 2017

Home Study Test Submission Deadline: April 14th, 2017

Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test.

Interview Dates: 24th April – 28th April, 2017

Self Learning Clinic: 3rd May, 2017

Bootcamp: 11th May – 19th May, 2017

Fellowship Admission: May 30th, 2017

Applicants from Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda should click here to apply

1 Share

Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 12:32am On Mar 24, 2017
still open
Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2017
stil open
Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by Joyhuxley(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
I failed my homestudy becos of the programming aspect of
the questions. I wish I could get help on that. I really Love Andela and to become a world class developer is my ambition.

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
keep ur dreams alive

Get more knowledge, more opportunities are coming
Joyhuxley:
I failed my homestudy becos of the programming aspect of
the questions. I wish I could get help on that. I really Love Andela and to become a world class developer is my ambition.
Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 8:51am On Mar 27, 2017
still open
Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
this one nko?
seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique ishilove
still open
Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by ideologies(m): 11:04am On Apr 03, 2017
deadline is 7th April
Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by Lagosian29(m): 8:47am On Feb 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Apply For Andela Fellowship Leadership Program For African Software Developers by Lagosian29(m): 9:24am On Apr 12, 2019
FRONT END DEVELOPERS, GET IN HERE

https : // www . youtube . com/channel/UCVyRiMvfUNMA1UPlDPzG5Ow

Illustrator
Invision
Figma
Uxpin

(1) (Reply)

Multichoice Nigeria Ongoing Recruitment / Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) Fresh Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Byteworks Technology Solutions Recruitment In Lagos (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.