Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,537 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:37 AM

Are We Really Practising Christianity?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Really Practising Christianity?? (335 Views)

It's So Hard Practising Envagelism As A Single Female / Do We Really Want To Go Back To The Old Ways? / Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We Really Practising Christianity?? by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 23, 2017
Is Christianity really one religion

I don't intend to make a mockery with this post, neither am I trying to stir up Christian fanatics. But my question still remains is Christianity one religion and I demand answers asap.
1. There are over a thousand Christian
churches but they all have different beliefs and it confuses me when a particular church claims it's more righteous than the other.
2. I really don't understand what's all the scuffle about protestant, orthodox and Pentecostal churches.
3. Churches are now opened to suit each individuals lifestyle... I don't wanna mention any Christian religious organization (church), but most of these organizations are just meant to suit the lifestyle of each Christian.
4. I don't understand why so called churches would refuse marriage between fellow believers because they don't attend the same church yet we are all Christians.
5. Some churches have gone as far as giving identification tags to all there members, if you by any means unfortunately get involved in an accident or you're in need and go to a church for help, once you can't present an id or confirmation that you belong to the church you won't get help even if you speak in tongues like the apostles of old.
6. Parents have gone as far as disowning their children because they abandoned thier birth church for another, I mean is that not stupidity.
What we have is mostly church goers or rather church members than Christians.
The one that hurts the most is that they all are against the devil and we all know that the devil is the author of confusion. When we cannot come together as one body in Christ to defeat a common enemy how do we expect to defeat him in our various groups.
I believe Christianity is in the heart, it's a personal conviction and intimate relationship with God, I believe Christianity is no longer about churches because they've all lost it. The shepherds are now feeding on the sheep that was ought to be in their care. It's gone sour.

Lalasticlala
Mynd

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Asking For Nothing? / Is She An Energy Vampire? / Embracing The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.