Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Suicide Awareness - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicide Awareness (535 Views)

Awareness - Children Educational Channel On DSTV / ICAN Awareness And Sensitization Holding Nationwide (updates)) / World Autism Awareness Day 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Awareness by bobbybrown007: 8:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Wanna kill yourself? Imagine this. You come home from school one day.
You’ve had yet another horrible day. You’re just ready to give up. So you go
to your room, close the door, and take out that suicide note you’ve written
and rewritten over and over and over You take out those razor blades, and
cut for the very last time. You grab that bottle of pills and take them all.
Laying down, holding the letter to your chest, you close your eyes for the very last time. A few hours later, your little brother knocks on your door to
come tell you dinners ready. You don’t answer, so he walks in. All he sees is
you laying on your bed, so he thinks you’re asleep. He tells your mom this.
Your mom goes to your room to wake you up. She notices something is odd.
She grabs the paper in your hand and reads it. Sobbing, she tries to wake you
up. She’s screaming your name. Your brother, so confused, runs to go tell Dad that “Mommy is crying and sissy won’t wake up.” Your dad runs to your
room. He looks at your mom, crying, holding the letter to her chest, sitting
next to your lifeless body. It hits him, what’s going on, and he screams. He
screams and throws something at the wall. And then, falling to his knees, he
starts to cry. Your mom crawls over to him, and they sit there, holding each
other, crying. The next day at school, there’s an announcement. The principal tells everyone about your suicide. It takes a few seconds for it to
sink in, and once it does, everyone goes silent. Everyone blames themselves.
Your teachers think they were too hard on you. Those mean popular girls,
they think of all the things they’ve said to you. That boy that used to tease
you and call you names, he can’t help but hate himself for never telling you
how beautiful you really are. Your ex boyfriend, the one that you told everything to, that broke up with you.. He can’t handle it. He breaks down
and starts crying, and runs out of the school. Your friends? They’re sobbing
too, wondering how they could never see that anything was wrong, wishing
they could have helped you before it was too late. And your best friend?
She’s in shock. She can’t believe it. She knew what you were going through,
but she never thought it would get that bad… Bad enough for you to end it. She can’t cry, she can’t feel anything. She stands up, walks out of the
classroom, and just sinks to the floor. Shaking, screaming, but no tears
coming out. It’s a few days later, at your funeral. The whole town came.
Everyone knew you, that girl with the bright smile and bubbly personality.
The one that was always there for them, the shoulder to cry on. Lots of
people talk about all the good memories they had with you, there were a lot. Everyone’s crying, your little brother still doesn’t know you killed
yourself, he’s too young. Your parents just said you died. It hurts him, a lot.
You were his big sister, you were supposed to always be there for him. Your
best friend, she stays strong through the entire service, but as soon as they
start lowering your casket into the ground, she just loses it. She cries and
cries and doesn’t stop for days. It’s two years later. Your teachers all quit their job. Those mean girls have eating disorders now. That boy that used
to tease you cuts himself. Your ex boyfriend doesn’t know how to love
anymore and just sleeps around with girls. Your friends all go into
depression. Your best friend? She tried to kill herself. She didn’t succeed like
you did, but she tried…your brother? He finally found out the truth about
your death. He self harms, he cries at night, he does exactly what you did for years leading up to your suicide. Your parents? Their marriage fell apart.
Your dad became a workaholic to distract himself from your death. Your
mom got diagnosed with depression and just lays in bed all day. People care.
You may not think so, but they do. Your choices don’t just effect you. They
effect everyone. Don’t end your life, you have so much to live for. Things
can’t get better if you give up. I’m here for absolutely anyone that needs to talk, no matter who you are. Even if we’ve NEVER talked before, I’m here
for you. Copy and paste this as your status to show people there are people
out there that care.let's see who actually read all of it.
For anyone that feels this way Could 1 friend, please copy and repost (not share)? We are trying to
demonstrate that someone's always listening.
There is still some beauty to life. Just don't get yourself on the wrong side
of the law.
Re: Suicide Awareness by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:20am On Mar 23, 2017
Nice write up, I actually lost a close friend years back,and since then our last chat keeps hitting me hard like a rock dropped on my feet.Her parents were divorced ,their dad travelled abroad wit anoda woman,and she was the first of 5 kids,the hustle was really tough for them and their only survivor(her mum)died too,life became unbearable for her and her siblings...Then she told me point blank,she called my name and said(THIS LIFE DON TIRE ME,I NO FIT CONTINUE AGAIN)I didn't attach much importance to it, I just consoled her and even cracked a joke wit her just to cheer her up,next day we heard she killed herself,that was the first time I saw SNIPER INSECTICIDE..
Re: Suicide Awareness by bobbybrown007: 9:37am On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Nice write up, I actually lost a close friend years back,and since then our last chat keeps hitting me hard like a rock dropped on my feet.Her parents were divorced ,their dad travelled abroad wit anoda woman,and she was the first of 5 kids,the hustle was really tough for them and their only survivor(her mum)died too,life became unbearable for her and her siblings...Then she told me point blank,she called my name and said(THIS LIFE DON TIRE ME,I NO FIT CONTINUE AGAIN)I didn't attach much importance to it, I just consoled her and even cracked a joke wit her just to cheer her up,next day we heard she killed herself,that was the first time I saw SNIPER INSECTICIDE..
at times we over look some people who we are meant to be very close with, where by been far from who we are meant to be with. Life is a very beautiful thing buh it takes more than two to make it a better place to be in
Re: Suicide Awareness by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2017
bobbybrown007:
at times we over look some people who we are meant to be very close with, where by been far from who we are meant to be with. Life is a very beautiful thing buh it takes more than two to make it a better place to be in

a strange world indeed.
Re: Suicide Awareness by bobbybrown007: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

a strange world indeed.
you no at times we humans have pride and lack self confidience, the pride i mean is that we dont meet people to tell what is really going on in our mind, we just let it consume us and when ever we open up to people we just feel negleted and dis appointed and also rejected. We all need somebody to lean on, we all have a very strong storm in our lives buh how do we over come our storm and who to tell our story to is another thing
Re: Suicide Awareness by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:05am On Mar 23, 2017
bobbybrown007:
you no at times we humans have pride and lack self confidience, the pride i mean is that we dont meet people to tell what is really going on in our mind, we just let it consume us and when ever we open up to people we just feel negleted and dis appointed and also rejected. We all need somebody to lean on, we all have a very strong storm in our lives buh how do we over come our storm and who to tell our story to is another thing

u can't blame them for possessing such *pride*because these days people don't keep secrets anymore.you tell some one ur secret next thing the Person comes here and open up a thread with ur said secret.....its disheartening
Re: Suicide Awareness by bobbybrown007: 10:13am On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

u can't blame them for possessing such *pride*because these days people don't keep secrets anymore.you tell some one ur secret next thing the Person comes here and open up a thread with ur said secret.....its disheartening
this thread should be pasted on the front page so that people would be able to learn and also teach each and every one of us . There should be a councellour in every organizations, government or non government organization
Re: Suicide Awareness by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2017
bobbybrown007:
this thread should be pasted on the front page so that people would be able to learn and also teach each and every one of us . There should be a councellour in every organizations, government or non government organization

yeah,back then in my secondary sch days,we used to have a councillor in my school,but guess wat?the lady was kinda strict and a disciplinarian too ,so we didn't know how to approach her due to her strict nature......my point is,it is one thing to have a councillor in schs and another thing to be able to relate with them.
Re: Suicide Awareness by bobbybrown007: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

yeah,back then in my secondary sch days,we used to have a councillor in my school,but guess wat?the lady was kinda strict and a disciplinarian too ,so we didn't know how to approach her due to her strict nature......my point is,it is one thing to have a councillor in schs and another thing to be able to relate with them.
yeah you are right. People should always make themselves reachable because they are always so many people who want to heard

(1) (Reply)

Blank / Rome Business School Nigeria Project Management Course For PMP Certificate / You Do Not Have Any Result Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.