Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

.Grinding Of Front Tyres While In Motion And Vibration Of Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / .Grinding Of Front Tyres While In Motion And Vibration Of Engine (665 Views)

Drunken Driver Caught Driving With Two Front Tyres Missing / Don’t Throw Away Those Old Tyres. See What You Can Use Them For (PHOTOS) / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.Grinding Of Front Tyres While In Motion And Vibration Of Engine by FATAB: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please i need someone to enlighten me on this issue i have with my sienna 2001 MODEL. recently, i started noticing that whenever i drive for like a distance, the movement of the car changes, i feel on the pedal like the front tires are grinding on the tar. although one of the shaft rubber has torn and probably there is no grease. could that be the reason or the fuel pump is given sign of failure cos i am a petty fuel buyer.

secondly, i changed the front and upper engine sit recently and my car has started vibrating mostly when it is engaged meanwhile, it was not doing that even when the engine sit were completely bad. someone told me that the reason it was not vibrating was because the engine was resting on iron.

please anybody that has knowledge about these should let me know the cause and the probable solution.
Re: .Grinding Of Front Tyres While In Motion And Vibration Of Engine by nurey(m): 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
I doubt if mutimusho kazeemnawa who designed that car will even be able to help you, cause your description has sent me to hospital, but i would advice you first find a mechanic near you, let him give you his opinion then look for another one far away and collect his opinion, dissect the opinion, then differentiate the opinion and finally, find the logarithm relationship between both opinion.

smileyIts not always good to run your fuel tank low as our petrol is dirty and will send particles to the fuel pump
smileyAlso running low tank wont allow cool petrol circulate well through the system
smileyshake your engine with both hands, if the engine vibrates or moves (you will know by metal clinging or movement) then the replaced engine seats aren't attached well or defective.
smileystart from finding competent mechanic to do a real diagnosis then bring his solution here lets see whether it tallies.

1 Like

Re: .Grinding Of Front Tyres While In Motion And Vibration Of Engine by Mojibola(m): 8:01am On Mar 24, 2017
Which of the pedals? both?...or just the throttle pedal?
Re: .Grinding Of Front Tyres While In Motion And Vibration Of Engine by FATAB: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mojibola:
Which of the pedals? both?...or just the throttle pedal?

the throttle pedal

(1) (Reply)

Vovlo Xc 90 / Nissan Quess 2000, Gear Overdrive Botton Issue / New Echo Dot, Echo Show NEWZ HERE !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.