Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

9 Most In-demand Programming Languages - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 9 Most In-demand Programming Languages (3433 Views)

10 In-demand Technology Jobs In 2019 / Are You Thinking Of Upgrading Your IT Knowledge With In-demand Skills / Hottest In Demand!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Most In-demand Programming Languages by daamazing(m): 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
[img]https://2.bp..com/-RnY0wdUx0aE/WNPRkc5LtAI/AAAAAAAAASo/wG6IYJ1jm586xd6AoYMyeKyICOQUVnLVACK4B/s640/Top_9_InDemand_Languages2017.jpg[/img]

1. SQL

SQL is a special-purpose language designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS). It is also very common, with many variations like MySQL and Microsoft SQL. Microsoft SQL Server power big businesses, small businesses, hospitals, banks, universities. Indeed, just about every computer and person with access to technology eventually touches something SQL. For instance, all Android phones and iPhones have access to a SQL database called SQLite and many mobile apps developed Google, Skype and DropBox use it directly.

2. JAVA

Due to the continuous growth of Android, the number of Java positions available has Indeed gone up by almost 30,000 in 2017, as compared to 2016.
One of the most popular, most adopted and general purpose programming language used by millions of developers and billions of devices around the world. It is a class-based, object-oriented language and designed to be portable, which means that you can find it on all platforms, operating systems, and devicesIt’s also worth noting that JavaScript is the scripting language of the World Wide Web and is built right into all major web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari. Almost every website incorporates some element of JavaScript to add to the user experience, adding to the demand for JavaScript developers.

3. PYTHON

Python is a general purpose programming language that was named after the Monty Python! Python is simple and incredibly readable since closely resembles the English language.Python moved up two places in codingdojo.com rankings to be the third-most in-demand language.
Python is a widely used high-level programming language used for general-purpose programming, as it is simple and readable. Python is the easiest coding language to learn for the first time learners. In order to become a seasoned professional, every beginner should at least know this language.

4. JAVASCRIPT

JavaScript is a popular, powerful, dynamic, scripting language that is used to create cool websites and games for the web. It derives much of its syntax from The C Language. JavaScript is compatible across all browsers, and is used in over 90 percent of all web pages. In recent years, JavaScript has also gained use as the foundation of Node.js, a server technology that among other things enables real-time communication. It is also is used to spice up web pages by making them interactive. For example, JavaScript can be used to add effects to web pages, display pop-up messages or to create games with basic functionality. It’s also worth noting that JavaScript is the scripting language of the World Wide Web and is built right into all major web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari. Almost every website incorporates some element of JavaScript to add to the user experience, adding to the demand for JavaScript developers.

5. C++

C++ (pronounced C-plus-plus) Developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs, C++ was first released in 1983. Stroustrup keeps an extensive list of applications written in C++. The list includes Adobe and Microsoft applications, MongoDB databases, large portions of Mac OS/X and is the best language to learn for performance-critical applications such as “twitch” game development or audio/video processing.. It saw an increase of almost 20,000 job postings over 2016 that has helped it to take fifth place in the rankings. C++ is a general-purpose programming language based on C language.

6. C#

“C Sharp” saw a small increase in popularity in 2017, but not enough to keep it from falling behind C++.

C Sharp is a simple, modern, general-purpose, type-safe, object-oriented programming language, which is developed by Microsoft. The language is intended for use in developing software components suitable for deployment in distributed environments. It is used in a number of applications such as .NET. Since the release of the .NET Core open-source development platform in June 2016, it can now be used on non-Windows machines.

7. PERL

Perl has climbed up the ladder to secure the seventh place in the rankings leaving iOS, PHP and Ruby behind.
Perl, or “the duct tape that holds the Internet together,” as it’s been named, is actually two languages now; Perl 5 and Perl 6, which launched in Dec. 2015. Both of them are general-purpose dynamic programming languages that see a lot of use in CGI, graphics, network, and finance programming.

8. iOS

In 2014, Apple decided to invent their own programming language. The result was Swift – a new programming language for iOS and OS X developers to create their next killer app. Developers will find that many parts of Swift are familiar from their experience of developing in C++ and Objective-C. Companies including American Airlines, LinkedIn, and Duolingo have been quick to adopt Swift, and we’ll see this language on the rise in the coming years.
In September 2016, Apple released Swift 3.0 with new features including better translation of Objective-C APIs, modernizations of debugging identifiers and a new model for collections and indices. Apple plans to release Swift 3.1 and Swift 4 in 2017.

9. PHP

PHP (Hypertext Pre-Processor) is a server-side programming language, which can be used to create web pages written in HTML. It is used on more than 80 percent of websites today including Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumblr and WordPress. PHP is not only a popular language among new programmers due to its easy-to use techniques; it also does offer tons of advanced features for more experienced programmers. In recent years, PHP has grown enormously in popularity. Its web-facing features make it a highly-demanded skill, especially when paired with Javascript and SQL.17.

Source
http://www.techredirector.com/2017/03/9-most-in-demand-programming-languages.html

lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 9 Most In-demand Programming Languages by updatemachine: 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
daamazing:
[img]https://2.bp..com/-RnY0wdUx0aE/WNPRkc5LtAI/AAAAAAAAASo/wG6IYJ1jm586xd6AoYMyeKyICOQUVnLVACK4B/s640/Top_9_InDemand_Languages2017.jpg[/img]

1. SQL

SQL is a special-purpose language designed for managing data held in a relational database management system (RDBMS), or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system (RDSMS). It is also very common, with many variations like MySQL and Microsoft SQL. Microsoft SQL Server power big businesses, small businesses, hospitals, banks, universities. Indeed, just about every computer and person with access to technology eventually touches something SQL. For instance, all Android phones and iPhones have access to a SQL database called SQLite and many mobile apps developed Google, Skype and DropBox use it directly.

2. JAVA

Due to the continuous growth of Android, the number of Java positions available has Indeed gone up by almost 30,000 in 2017, as compared to 2016.
One of the most popular, most adopted and general purpose programming language used by millions of developers and billions of devices around the world. It is a class-based, object-oriented language and designed to be portable, which means that you can find it on all platforms, operating systems, and devicesIt’s also worth noting that JavaScript is the scripting language of the World Wide Web and is built right into all major web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari. Almost every website incorporates some element of JavaScript to add to the user experience, adding to the demand for JavaScript developers.

3. PHYTHON

Python is a general purpose programming language that was named after the Monty Python! Python is simple and incredibly readable since closely resembles the English language.Python moved up two places in codingdojo.com rankings to be the third-most in-demand language.
Python is a widely used high-level programming language used for general-purpose programming, as it is simple and readable. Python is the easiest coding language to learn for the first time learners. In order to become a seasoned professional, every beginner should at least know this language.

4. JAVASCRIPT

JavaScript is a popular, powerful, dynamic, scripting language that is used to create cool websites and games for the web. It derives much of its syntax from The C Language. JavaScript is compatible across all browsers, and is used in over 90 percent of all web pages. In recent years, JavaScript has also gained use as the foundation of Node.js, a server technology that among other things enables real-time communication. It is also is used to spice up web pages by making them interactive. For example, JavaScript can be used to add effects to web pages, display pop-up messages or to create games with basic functionality. It’s also worth noting that JavaScript is the scripting language of the World Wide Web and is built right into all major web browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari. Almost every website incorporates some element of JavaScript to add to the user experience, adding to the demand for JavaScript developers.

5. C++

C++ (pronounced C-plus-plus) Developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at Bell Labs, C++ was first released in 1983. Stroustrup keeps an extensive list of applications written in C++. The list includes Adobe and Microsoft applications, MongoDB databases, large portions of Mac OS/X and is the best language to learn for performance-critical applications such as “twitch” game development or audio/video processing.. It saw an increase of almost 20,000 job postings over 2016 that has helped it to take fifth place in the rankings. C++ is a general-purpose programming language based on C language.

6. C#

“C Sharp” saw a small increase in popularity in 2017, but not enough to keep it from falling behind C++.

C Sharp is a simple, modern, general-purpose, type-safe, object-oriented programming language, which is developed by Microsoft. The language is intended for use in developing software components suitable for deployment in distributed environments. It is used in a number of applications such as .NET. Since the release of the .NET Core open-source development platform in June 2016, it can now be used on non-Windows machines.

7. PERL

Perl has climbed up the ladder to secure the seventh place in the rankings leaving iOS, PHP and Ruby behind.
Perl, or “the duct tape that holds the Internet together,” as it’s been named, is actually two languages now; Perl 5 and Perl 6, which launched in Dec. 2015. Both of them are general-purpose dynamic programming languages that see a lot of use in CGI, graphics, network, and finance programming.

8. iOS

In 2014, Apple decided to invent their own programming language. The result was Swift – a new programming language for iOS and OS X developers to create their next killer app. Developers will find that many parts of Swift are familiar from their experience of developing in C++ and Objective-C. Companies including American Airlines, LinkedIn, and Duolingo have been quick to adopt Swift, and we’ll see this language on the rise in the coming years.
In September 2016, Apple released Swift 3.0 with new features including better translation of Objective-C APIs, modernizations of debugging identifiers and a new model for collections and indices. Apple plans to release Swift 3.1 and Swift 4 in 2017.

9. PHP

PHP (Hypertext Pre-Processor) is a server-side programming language, which can be used to create web pages written in HTML. It is used on more than 80 percent of websites today including Facebook, Wikipedia, Tumblr and WordPress. PHP is not only a popular language among new programmers due to its easy-to use techniques; it also does offer tons of advanced features for more experienced programmers. In recent years, PHP has grown enormously in popularity. Its web-facing features make it a highly-demanded skill, especially when paired with Javascript and SQL.17.

Source
http://www.techredirector.com/2017/03/9-most-in-demand-programming-languages.html

lalasticlala
Mynd44
naija bloggers and copy paste.. You copy everything with error self..PHYTON

1 Like

Re: 9 Most In-demand Programming Languages by daamazing(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
updatemachine:
naija bloggers and copy paste.. You copy everything with error self..PHYTON
Hello,
Good day to you. You spotted an error, instead of correcting you decided to bash and conclude I copied the topic. Painful you have that conception because I painstakingly researched and typed that article. If you insist I copied the article, kindly make reference to it and I'll take the post down.
Re: 9 Most In-demand Programming Languages by updatemachine: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
daamazing:
Hello,
Good day to you. You spotted an error, instead of correcting you decided to bash and conclude I copied the topic. Painful you have that conception because I painstakingly researched and typed that article. If you insist I copied the article, kindly make reference to it and I'll take the post down.
Yea.. I spotted the error.. and I can confirm that you copied that post and image straightaway from codingdojo here is the link>> http://www.codingdojo.com/blog/9-most-in-demand-programming-languages-of-2017/
it was posted on feb. 2nd 2017....

smh for naija bloggers oo.. am a follower of codingdojo... so you jex flew into my net...take the damn post down and goodluck!
Re: 9 Most In-demand Programming Languages by daamazing(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
updatemachine:
Yea.. I spotted the error.. and I can confirm that you copied that post and image straightaway from codingdojo here is the link>> http://www.codingdojo.com/blog/9-most-in-demand-programming-languages-of-2017/
it was posted on feb. 2nd 2017....

smh for naija bloggers oo.. am a follower of codingdojo... so you jex flew into my net...take the damn post down and goodluck!
lovely.. Codingdojo was referenced somewhere in my post, (but I specifically mentioned them at the end in my blog) I think the one dealing with python.. Yea, the subheadings and arrangements are almost same because it's almost the same on every other blogs (reference materials). Just happens to be a bit of coincidence that the arrangements is almost the same, but the explanation is never the same. Even the image was culled from Google, never knew it also appeared on codingdojo. Hope you understand..

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know What To Do With My New Laptop Help Me / Pls I Need Sound Forge 10 Serial Key Nd Authentication Code / How to use external laptop batteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.