Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Meet Elizabeth Orefuwa LASU Best Graduating Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Elizabeth Orefuwa LASU Best Graduating Student (569 Views)

Ola-Gbadamosi Ridwan Oladotun, LASU Best Graduating Student Speaks / Ridwan Ola-Gbadamosi & Karen Nneka Enumah, LASU Best Graduating Students / Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Elizabeth Orefuwa LASU Best Graduating Student by IratzsMicheal(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Elizabeth Remilekun Orefunwa, recently emerged the best graduating student of the 2015/2016 academic session in the Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos.The 29-year-old lady who is currently pregnant with her first child, graduated with a 4.74 CGPA, several years after she had attempted and failed to pass JAMB 7 times.

Orefuwa said she pursued university education because she wanted to satisfy her father.

“When I eventually secured admission to LASU, my aim was not to be the best graduating student. I just wanted to satisfy my dad’s yearning,” she said.

“The journey through the institution was not easy; it took me seven years of writing the UTME before I finally gained admission in 2012.

“I also applied for direct entry three times at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.

“During this period of waiting, I started professional career at the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN) in 2007 and became qualified as an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 2010.”

“I had a CGPA of 4.72 before marriage and I graduated with 4.74. I got married during my final year in 2015 and my husband was very supportive throughout that period,” she added.

Speaking on her journey so far, Orefunwa said:

“I almost gave up after writing the UTME for seven years in a bid to gain admission into the university without success. I also applied to the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, three times without success.

But with encouragement from my dad and elder sister, I eventually gained admission to LASU in 2012 to study Accounting Education. My sister kept encouraging me and I started a professional career at the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria during the long wait for admission. .
[url]
https://unilaghappen./2017/03/23/meet-elizabeth-orefuwa-lasu-best-graduating-student/[/url]

Re: Meet Elizabeth Orefuwa LASU Best Graduating Student by odiereke(m): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Congratulation at last. With full determination, nothing is impossible.

(1) (Reply)

Free Distance Learning Scholarships At Manchester University In UK 2017 / SUMMARY - In Dependence By Sarah Ladipo Mandika (3) / Agony Of Management Students In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.