Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build (1040 Views)

Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS / World's Longest,Most Spectacular N-shaped Skyscraper Unvailed In Newyork(photos) / Sure and better deals...bend Down And Select!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by konyenyamb(m): 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
IN LONDON we’ve had the Gherkin, the Walkie Talkie and the Cheese Grater, so if New York’s latest skyscraper isn’t nicknamed the U-Bend, we’ll be sorely disappointed.

For now though, the architects who have masterminded the new arched building are labelling it ‘The Big Bend.’

The structure has been described as ‘The longest building in the world,’ because the skyscraper would be built upwards, before curving round and allowing a second connecting tower to then continue back down to ground level.

The 4,000ft-long design came about because the architects were trying to build the best building within the city’s strict planning laws.

Oiio, the design studio responsible for the project said: “New York city’s zoning laws have created a peculiar set of tricks through which developers try to maximise their property’s height, but what if our buildings were long instead of tall?

“The Big Bend can become a modest architectural solution to the height limitations of Manhattan.”
They added: “We can now provide our structures with the measurements that will make them stand out, without worrying about the limits of the sky.”

The property would sit on Billionaire’s Row on 57th Street, making it one of New York’s most prestigious buildings.

As well as slick interiors, the property would also house a mind-bending lift system that would travel in a loop, horizontally and along curves.

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by tchimatic(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
And someone is telling me that a Nigerian will be in the same hell fire with a white man.
I think God dey do pachaa

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by Epositive(m): 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
when you think you've seen it all

when you think they're at the peak of greatness

when you think they"ve done their best

these "guys" still see themselves as amateurs...., what a wonderful spirit

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

GOD BLESS AFRICA!!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA !!!

smiley cheesy smiley cheesy smiley cheesy smiley

#positivevibes

1 Like

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by Toluabigr8(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
jesu!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by saheedbadmus(m): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
AYE MIN TENMI BAMI..CHAII...LETTER U STRUCTURE OKAY NOW I JUST HOPE STORM WONT BLOW IT DOWN..

1 Like

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
This is scary! how do they even construct structures like dis? embarassed

1 Like

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by wahles(m): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
This is scary! how do they even construct structures like dis? embarassed
from the head whr they have fuctional brain# grin

1 Like

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2017
wahles:
from the head whr they have fuctional brain# grin

I bet my fellow black people don't possess such brains....my thoughts though.
Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by wahles(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

I bet my fellow black people don't possess such brains....my thoughts though.
Lol! be careful with ur words oo.. u might b termed a racist#

1 Like

Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by Vickiweezy(m): 2:44am On Mar 24, 2017
And there are still poor structures and unfed people in other part of the states and they gon waste all that money just to set a new record... That's why it's good to scam these people.
Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by Epositive(m): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2017
Vickiweezy:
And there are still poor structures and unfed people in other part of the states and they gon waste all that money just to set a new record... That's why it's good to scam these people.

smh, so you are going to defend your criminal act with this "infastructural development"

bros! if this is a waste of money to you then i'm sorry to tell you that
you know next to nothing!

#positivevibes
Re: THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build by Vickiweezy(m): 9:44am On Mar 24, 2017
Epositive:

smh, so you are going to defend your criminal act with this "infastructural development"

bros! if this is a waste of money to you then i'm sorry to tell you that
you know next to nothing!

#positivevibes

If you like, quote me all you want but nothing changes the fact that at the end of the day you still gonn be broke

(1) (Reply)

The Best Place To Buy Land with Good Title In Lagos!.For Smart Investors Only / Latest Architectural Designs / Wise Property Investment Destination For 2019 You Won't Like To Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.