Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Vasectomy: Would You Have It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vasectomy: Would You Have It? (1328 Views)

Sperm Switch : An End To Vasectomy (Photos) / Vasectomy Clinic In Nigeria / Cost Of Vasectomy In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vasectomy: Would You Have It? by Master6(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2009
Vasectomy is the process in which the vas deferentia of a male is severed to prevent efficient ejaculation During vasectomy, the vas deferentia, a cord that conveys spermatozoa from the scrotum to the ejaculate, are severed. This means that spermatozoa won't reach the egg because it has never left the penis. A vasectomy is a very minor operation. Because the testes are not destroyed, they still release testosterone ( the male sex hormone) and still manufacture sperm. This ensures that the man will have no reduction in libido.
According to statistics, men do not want to admit that they have had vasectomies and wish that they could take it back, while women(mostly wives) like the idea.

The reversal is very expensive, and usually not successful. This is as a result of the fact that the body produces antibodies to destroy the excess sperm cells that cannot be absorbed by the body. So, in case of a change of mind from the vasectomy, the male might be rendered infertile for the rest of his life.
This is where I drop the curtain, the question is now that, will Nairaland men undergo vasectomy.
Re: Vasectomy: Would You Have It? by dominique(f): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2009
surgery freaks people out no matter how minor, i dont think men will want to go through such procedure.
i dont think there's any man here in naija tht doesn't want kids.
if he want to stop having kids, he'll rather tell his wife to go on the pill than go through a vasectomy
Re: Vasectomy: Would You Have It? by iice(f): 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2009
In big favor of it. People tend to be irresponsible cheesy
Re: Vasectomy: Would You Have It? by aieromon(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2009
I intend goin' for it once i've dropped my 2 boys and a girl by God's grace.
No qualms cool cool
Re: Vasectomy: Would You Have It? by dominique(f): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2009
aieromon:

I intend goin' for it once i've dropped my 2 boys and a girl by God's grace.
No qualms cool cool

easier said than done grin grin tongue
Re: Vasectomy: Would You Have It? by Balogun(m): 11:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
master 1, looks like you have lifted your vasectomy information from some internet site. I have performed quite a lot of this operations in my training period. Vasectomy is an operation that is usually done under local anaesthetic. Cutting throught the vas and folding it back so the ends don't rejoin making it a failed operation. Probably something nigerians should think about as its the quality of the children you produce that matters, not the quantity. With the current population explosion, maybe Nigeria should adopt the policy in India many years ago where you reward men who undergo vasectomies. Reversal of vasectomy is more complicated than the vasectomy itself and does have a limited success due to antibody production. The pill has its own side effects and most men after having their children are happy to undergo vasectomies in the West to stop their partners/wives from needing to take tablets, have injections or have the coil inserted.

(1) (Reply)

Man With 100-pound Scrotum REJECTS Offers To Perform corrective surgery / How To Get Rid Of Early Pregnancy? / Implications Of Wearing Same Bra For As Long 2 Weeks To One Month Or Even More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.