Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. (2903 Views)

Two Drivers Fighting On The Road At Sabo Market Ikorodu (Photos) / Nigeria Soldiers And Their Misuse Of Power. Pictures / Disgusting Misuse Of Rotfl, Brb, Uwc, Lwgaf, U2m... D Way U Use Em Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by favorite59: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2009
I am a professional in the health industry and I have an ambulance that I drive often. I notice that in this part of the world, people use ambulance to convey corpse (dead bodies) and they blow siren for dead bodies. Some even speed while some take one-way to drive against the traffic. I have embarrassed many of them by stopping them to educate them. Surprisingly, big men & top government functionaries are involved. They drive in convoy and blow siren on top speed while going for burial. Does that mean they too are fools? If you carry a dead body why are you in a hurry? The person is dead! Are you in a hurry to bury the body? Why speed? Let the police begin to arrest and prosecute offenders and let the educated public join in enlighitennent campaign. Ambulances are used for emergencies rush a patient to the hospital for urgent attention or to convey a needical personnel to attend to emergency. The general public is so disorientated that when an ambulance is on emergency, they usually assume it carries a dead body and so they see no reason to give the ambulance the right of way. Pls let's stop the menace. Let there be a change. For suggestions you can reach me on 08034707472.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by oluagness(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2009
If you carry a dead body why are you in a hurry? The person is dead! Are you in a hurry to bury the body?
In process of rushing, some have died untimely death. Multiple dead body. One day our people will be enlightened.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by Wrex(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2009
Offenders should be thrown in jail for 10 million years, grin
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by axeman85(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2009
i concur with you poster. in naija we ten to adopt the westernized culture and way of life but we practice it the other way round. why is an ambulance carrying dead body sef, isnt that the job of the undertakers. i though Fg passed law banning people from use of siren apart from emergency services. well i forgot this is nigeria, anything goes.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by Digriz(m): 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2009
@poster,
I agreed wt u on dat.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by THEAMAKA1: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2009
[size=50pt]LMFAO!!!!!![/size]
so they do use sirens to transport dead bodies after all. i saw this in a couple of Nigerian movies way back when and i was like "WTH?!?!?!" hahahaha.
i thought it was only a movie but i guess they do do it in real life.

favorite59:

I am a professional in the health industry and I have an ambulance that I drive often. I notice that in this part of the world, people use ambulance to convey corpse (dead bodies) and they blow siren for dead bodies. Some even speed while some take one-way to drive against the traffic. I have embarrassed many of them by stopping them to educate them. Surprisingly, big men & top government functionaries are involved. They drive in convoy and blow siren on top speed while going for burial. Does that mean they too are fools? If you carry a dead body why are you in a hurry? The person is dead! Are you in a hurry to bury the body? Why speed? Let the police begin to arrest and prosecute offenders and let the educated public join in enlighitennent campaign. Ambulances are used for emergencies rush a patient to the hospital for urgent attention or to convey a needical personnel to attend to emergency. The general public is so disorientated that when an ambulance is on emergency, they usually assume it carries a dead body and so they see no reason to give the ambulance the right of way. Pls let's stop the menace. Let there be a change. For suggestions you can reach me on 08034707472.     
very true, i feel you oooo.

axeman85:

i concur with you poster. in naija we ten to adopt the westernized culture and way of life but we practice it the other way round. why is an ambulance carrying dead body sef, isnt that the job of the undertakers. i though Fg passed law banning people from use of siren apart from emergency services.  well i forgot this is nigeria, anything goes.
true. if someone that is in an emergency and is in need of an ambulance and they cant get one because its hauling around a dead body to the morgue, what kind of sense does that make? if the person is dead there should be another force to take over that, not the ambulance.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by bencobenz(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
oluagness:

If you carry a dead body why are you in a hurry? The person is dead! Are you in a hurry to bury the body?
In process of rushing, some have died untimely death. Multiple dead body. One day our people will be enlightened.
singing "dead body get accident yeepa! double wahala for dead body and the owner of dead body" grin grin grin
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by CarlosVent(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2009
na wa ohhhhhhhh
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by mrofficial(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2009

That's funny.  grin grin grin

Someone that didn't want to die, still they rush the person to burial. grin grin grin

Abi who won die for naija?
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by drlawng(m): 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2009
The great Fela Anikulapo-Kuti made this observation years ago. the song goes: Deady bodi geti accident, yeepa !!! Na double wahala for deady bodi and the owner of deadey bodi"
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by DOAweb(m): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2009
drlawng:

The great Fela  Anikulapo-Kuti made this observation years ago. the song goes: Deady bodi geti accident, yeepa !!! Na double wahala for deady bodi and the owner of deadey bodi"

Carry go my guy - Sing for dem all!!  grin grin grin
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by kokoye(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2009
I worry about this everyday. we have misplaced priorities in my country. Like the poster rightly said, the person is dead!!!

I see people go into debt to bury their dead, throw large parties and close down roads just to show off an claim the dead was buried the right way. But the person is DEAD!!  These are the same people who never really took care of that person before they died anyway. Some use that opportunity to make money by selling 'uniforms' / aso-ebi at highly inflated prices to people who truly cannot afford it but have no choice. Of course stealing is in Nigeria to stay!!

It is high time we get rid of some of these devilish cultural practices and tradition.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by denony(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2009
I tought am the only ONE wondering about this.
Even our police officers, who are rushing to collect N20 from Okada riders
put their siren and enter one way drive, just to get at the b/stop before one okada man picks a customer.

TOTAL MADNESSS
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by Outstrip(f): 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2009
It all boils down to Nigeria jaga jaga. If there is a funeral procession in the US then everyone has to let them through. You try not to cut into the procession. There is usually a limit to the cars and there is usually a county or village sticker so you pretty much know when the last car in the procession has passed. You cannot do that in Nigeria. Sticker ke sticker ni. People will just keep their own stickers in the cars and when they see a funeral procession they will stick their own on their windshield and join the procession. I am not saying that it is right to use sirens to transport dead bodies but when a corpse is going from Lagos to the east for burial I don't know how that corpse will not be rotten before it gets to the east. Like I said it all boils down to Nigeria Jaga Jaga. If the roads were perfect a car ride to the east from lagos will not take 24 hours. It would take less than 6 hours to get to the east and the funeral procession can then start at the entrance to the village.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by r231(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2009
Outstrip:

It all boils down to Nigeria jaga jaga. If there is a funeral procession in the US then everyone has to let them through. You try not to cut into the procession. There is usually a limit to the cars and there is usually a county or village sticker so you pretty much know when the last car in the procession has passed. You cannot do that in Nigeria. Sticker ke sticker ni. People will just keep their own stickers in the cars and when they see a funeral procession they will stick their own on their windshield and join the procession. I am not saying that it is right to use sirens to transport dead bodies but when a corpse is going from Lagos to the east for burial I don't know how that corpse will not be rotten before it gets to the east. Like I said it all boils down to Nigeria Jaga Jaga. If the roads were perfect a car ride to the east from lagos will not take 24 hours. It would take less than 6 hours to get to the east and the funeral procession can then start at the entrance to the village.

funny but true
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by MUZBO(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2009
Sincerely I don't see why you are blaming ambulances for use of siren. If you are talking about a hearse using a siren then I'll accept because its a big difference. Lets face facts, you cant see whats inside an ambulance so how can you tell its a dead body or guns thats being transported? How many of you respondents have given way to a siren blaring ambulance on the road? But I'm sure you'll almost drive off the road for one useless siren blaring Hilux transporting an expatriate because the occupants have guns. Please poster lets get things straight here; a hearse in a funeral procession is not an ambulance on duty so don't generalise and confuse us!
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by mamagee3(f): 2:21am On Dec 23, 2009
Nigerian Policemen are good in misusing Sirens. grin grin
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by ezeagu(m): 3:39am On Dec 23, 2009
Is it only dead body, what about when a whole highway is closed for a 'governor' with police cars with sirens on full blast, useless country.
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by spiderman(m): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2009
MUZBO:

Sincerely I don't see why you are blaming ambulances for use of siren. If you are talking about a hearse using a siren then I'll accept because its a big difference. Lets face facts, you cant see whats inside an ambulance so how can you tell its a dead body or guns thats being transported? How many of you respondents have given way to a siren blaring ambulance on the road? But I'm sure you'll almost drive off the road for one useless siren blaring Hilux transporting an expatriate because the occupants have guns. Please poster lets get things straight here; a hearse in a funeral procession is not an ambulance on duty so don't generalise and confuse us!

but really how many dead bodies are "freighted" in hearses probably the dead of the rich and the dead rich, like u said one cannot tell who the occupants of these ambulances are; dead or alive, so i think when u hear the siren, its best to just give way, u just might be helping save a life, undecided
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by ayobase(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2009
THe drive of such SIRENED vehicle
should be buried along with that corpse.

CASE CLOSED!
Re: Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. by manny4life(m): 3:47am On Dec 24, 2009
Rich, Ambulance, dead body? Well, Nigeria would always be Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Bernice Mabelle Most Prettiest Ivory Coast Citizen Living In Quebec / Nigeria Vs United State Of America / Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.