Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:56 AM

53rd International Conference Of Nigerian Mining And Geosciences Society (NMGS) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 53rd International Conference Of Nigerian Mining And Geosciences Society (NMGS) (1235 Views)

Techpoint Inspired Conference Of Great Opportunity 2019. / GIS And Remote Sensing In Mining And Exploration Course / 2nd International Conference On Applied Information Technology (AIT 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

53rd International Conference Of Nigerian Mining And Geosciences Society (NMGS) by damayor001(m): 6:14am On Mar 24, 2017
The President, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society Prof. Olugbenga Okunlola has said Nigeria has over 120 viable Geo-tourist’s sites spreads across the nation.
The Don stated this while speaking with Journalists at a press conference to announce the commencement of the 53th Annual International Conference and Exhibition to begin March 26th-31st in Abuja with the theme the Extractive Industry: Imperatives for Wealth Creation and employment Generation.
Speaking in Abuja Yesterday he said “following a study conducted by the Nigerian Geological Survey Agency (NGSA), “ geo-tourists sites are not less than 120 and they are all viable.”
These includes the Zuma Rock, Olumo Rock, Ogbunikeke, Asso water falls, the olumirin water falls in Eri’ Ijesa, lakes, springs and exotic landfalls among several others, which for every Geoscientist in the world should be one of the wonders of the world because we have cold and warm water almost at the same time.
Speaking on the theme of the Conference, he said ” It is apt at this time as what Nigeria is talking about now is job and wealth creation and how to get Nigeria out of recession.
He further noted that “with the diversification efforts of President Buhari to Agriculture and Solid minerals, much improvement had been seen as the Solid Minerals had in 2015 contributed about N600m to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP)and N3billion in 2016 which is about five folds’ addition, even as he stressed the need to harness coal which he said would solve the scarcity of kerosene
According to Prof. Okunlola, the Society which is 56 years was inaugurated in1961 by Nnamdi Azikiwe and is the umbrella body of all Geoscience and Mining Engineers in Nigeria, both in the Oil and Gas, Solid Minerals, Water Sector, Academia and all the extractive industries.
“We cover all the gamut of the extractive industries and this we have been doing in last 56 years. We produce the wealth of this nation, 90% of the wealth of the nation comes from the extractive industries, Oil and Gas, mining. If we now add water, we can now say we create and sustain wealth” he said
As to the achievements of the society, Prof.Okunlola said “We have been involved in policy formulation, policy advisory, annual lectures, discuss series, policy implementation” among others.
He also appreciated the efforts of the Buhari led administration and the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr Kayode Fayemi, saying “We want to appreciate this government because some of the things we have advised them, they have listened such as the Roadmap, the inauguration of the (MIST).
Source: leadership.ng =>Mining: Nigeria Has over 120 Geo-Tourists Sites – NMGS
Re: 53rd International Conference Of Nigerian Mining And Geosciences Society (NMGS) by Fembleez1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2022
damayor001:
The President, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society Prof. Olugbenga Okunlola has said Nigeria has over 120 viable Geo-tourist’s sites spreads across the nation.
The Don stated this while speaking with Journalists at a press conference to announce the commencement of the 53th Annual International Conference and Exhibition to begin March 26th-31st in Abuja with the theme the Extractive Industry: Imperatives for Wealth Creation and employment Generation.
Speaking in Abuja Yesterday he said “following a study conducted by the Nigerian Geological Survey Agency (NGSA), “ geo-tourists sites are not less than 120 and they are all viable.”
These includes the Zuma Rock, Olumo Rock, Ogbunikeke, Asso water falls, the olumirin water falls in Eri’ Ijesa, lakes, springs and exotic landfalls among several others, which for every Geoscientist in the world should be one of the wonders of the world because we have cold and warm water almost at the same time.
Speaking on the theme of the Conference, he said ” It is apt at this time as what Nigeria is talking about now is job and wealth creation and how to get Nigeria out of recession.
He further noted that “with the diversification efforts of President Buhari to Agriculture and Solid minerals, much improvement had been seen as the Solid Minerals had in 2015 contributed about N600m to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP)and N3billion in 2016 which is about five folds’ addition, even as he stressed the need to harness coal which he said would solve the scarcity of kerosene
According to Prof. Okunlola, the Society which is 56 years was inaugurated in1961 by Nnamdi Azikiwe and is the umbrella body of all Geoscience and Mining Engineers in Nigeria, both in the Oil and Gas, Solid Minerals, Water Sector, Academia and all the extractive industries.
“We cover all the gamut of the extractive industries and this we have been doing in last 56 years. We produce the wealth of this nation, 90% of the wealth of the nation comes from the extractive industries, Oil and Gas, mining. If we now add water, we can now say we create and sustain wealth” he said
As to the achievements of the society, Prof.Okunlola said “We have been involved in policy formulation, policy advisory, annual lectures, discuss series, policy implementation” among others.
He also appreciated the efforts of the Buhari led administration and the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr Kayode Fayemi, saying “We want to appreciate this government because some of the things we have advised them, they have listened such as the Roadmap, the inauguration of the (MIST).
Source: leadership.ng =>Mining: Nigeria Has over 120 Geo-Tourists Sites – NMGS

Good evening sir.

Please I urgently need your help sir. One said Rufus Abolaji Ojo defrauded me this week 500,000 transferred to his account at Wema Bank, knowing fully well and playing on my desperation to get an apartment close to my PPA as a serving Corps Member in Lagos, and every means to get to this person has proved abortive. He has switched his numbers off and is now on the run.

I have evidences and timestamp of my transfer to him.

I need your help urgently sir as I am homeless and this person is probably somehow feeling happy he defrauded me without giving me a house.

I await your kind response sir.

Best regards,

(1) (Reply)

Exhibittion And Seminar Invitation / Nigeria: Card, ATM & Mobile Expo Africa 2012 / Happy Akwa Ibom State 27th Anniversary Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.