Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger (382 Views)

Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / How To Send All File Formats And Pin More Than 3 Chats On Whatsapp / Whatsapp Now Lets You Pin Your Favourite Chats On Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger by Gsmbasics: 7:51am On Mar 24, 2017
Facebook is helping to make group conversations in Messenger a lot more like ... well, Facebook.

You can now apply reactions during group conversations, and also tag specific users using the '@' symbol.

The reactions work for the same purpose they are on Facebook proper-- they bring you more ways to acknowledge you've read a post and show your feelings towards it as opposed to a generic Like.

In fact, Messenger also features a thumb down reaction, one thing you can't use on Facebook.

Here it's most likely meant to serve more as a 'no' than a 'dislike' button, which will come in handy for, say, making a decision on what hotel you will prefer to stay in with a group of friends.

At the same time, the @mentions will be useful when you choose to let someone find out they're being specifically called upon in a group chat.

That will be even more appreciated (or annoying) with all those large group chitchats where half the members have muted the conversation. A similar feature came in WhatsApp a few months ago.

The improved features are rolled out globally
http://gsmbasics.com.ng/724/facebook-brings-mentions-as-well-as-reactions-to-group-chats-on-messenger.html

Re: Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger by youngest85(m): 7:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Copy copy
Re: Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger by McPhilz8(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger by Gsmbasics: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2017
youngest85:
Copy copy
After checking what you do on Nairaland trust me, I can't start argument with you. and also copy the article and search on google.com and see if you will see it online. thank you

1 Like

Re: Facebook Brings Mentions As Well As Reactions To Group Chats On Messenger by youngest85(m): 10:42am On Mar 24, 2017
Gsmbasics:
After checking what you do on Nairaland trust me, I can't start argument with you. and also copy the article and search on google.com and see if you will see it online. thank you
what do I do on nairaland? Dnt u knw I'm here 4 signs and wonder?

(1) (Reply)

Clean Samsung Note 3 For Swap With Iphone 5 Or 5s SOLD / Iphone 6 / Samsung Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge Make History With Sales Totaled 55 Million Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.