Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos (1625 Views)

***KAKAKI AUTOS!!! A Foundation Of Trust. Delivering the 2012 HONDA CR-V EX***** / ***KAKAKI AUTOS!!! A Foundation Of Trust. Reasons To Do Business With Kakaki**** / Affordable Servicing Parts At US Place Of Autos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by frugal(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2017
How's the recent dollar crash affecting prices of autos? Any positives?
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by youngest85(m): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2017
None
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by Patented: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2017
it will take weeks, if not months for the fall in the price of dollar to affect the price of commodities. Most commodities in the market now and that will arrive in the market in the coming weeks were bought when the rates were still higher. Goods bough at the current rates will not start arriving until after a few weeks and then the importers will still wanna cash and still sell high until they start undercutting each other.

3 Likes

Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2017
in a few weeks competition between old dollar price and new dollar price will kick in, in a few months prices will crash if the dollar price remains stable in its 3xx,xx.x.
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by frugal(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2017
Sales will slow down drastically. Prospective buyers will like to wait it out. If dealers don't bring down prices slightly to offload stocks, they might have to compete with people bringing in cars now at a much lower rate.

2 Likes

Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:22am On Mar 25, 2017
frugal:
Sales will slow down drastically. Prospective buyers will like to wait it out. If dealers don't bring down prices slightly to offload stocks, they might have to compete with people bringing in cars now at a much lower rate.

I'm with you on this....
Personally I decided to wait on a particular large order of engine oils because I know I could get some tremendous savings if I waited a few more weeks.
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by thebigkendo(m): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I'm with you on this....
Personally I decided to wait on a particular large order of engine oils because I know I could get some tremendous savings if I waited a few more weeks.

It can as well go the other way & then you will get some tremendous had i known

2 Likes

Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2017
thebigkendo:

It can as well go the other way & then you will get some tremendous had i known

yeah, it could go either way cheesy
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by divinelove(m): 10:25am On Mar 26, 2017
Patented:
it will take weeks, if not months for the fall in the price of dollar to affect the price of commodities. Most commodities in the market now and that will arrive in the market in the coming weeks were bought when the rates were still higher. Goods bough at the current rates will not start arriving until after a few weeks and then the importers will still wanna cash and still sell high until they start undercutting each other.

Is dt sooo

But when they buy at low dollar price and the next week dollar shoots up they upwardly review prices immediately sad sad sad greedy ppl everywhere

1 Like

Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by Patented: 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
U said it all. Na greed.
divinelove:

Is dt sooo

But when they buy at low dollar price and the next week dollar shoots up they upwardly review prices immediately sad sad sad greedy ppl everywhere
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by Tomjazzy2: 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
As long as greed remains at its current rate, I fear it may even take longer before we start experiencing the impact of the dolar fall

The moment there is a slight increase in the Naira-dollar exchange rate, sellers would jump in happily, not withstanding the fact that they got the products when the exchange rate was lower.
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by thebigkendo(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

yeah, it could go either way cheesy

Oga Hope you are not still waiting for the tremendous savings,Dollar don dey go up.. i go soon need U.S mobil 1
Re: How's The Recent Dollar Crash Affecting Prices Of Autos by frugal(m): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Looks like prices are starting to drop slightly. What are your thoughts?

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Crisp Reg 01 Babyboy For Sale!!! Sold! Sold!! Sold!!! / SOLD! Toks Toyota RAV4 Sport 4WD 2009 Model / SOLD Tin-can Cleared 2010 Toyota Camry LE Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.