Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

What Happens When My Diesel Engine Bus Completely Runs Out Of Fuel? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Happens When My Diesel Engine Bus Completely Runs Out Of Fuel? (733 Views)

Mercedes Benz Sprinter (Diesel Engine) Bus 2003 Model For Sale N1.9m / See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When My Diesel Engine Bus Completely Runs Out Of Fuel? by nepapole(m): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2017
Good morning all. Please I want to know if there is any negative effect on my diesel engine when the car runs out of fuel (empty).
Re: What Happens When My Diesel Engine Bus Completely Runs Out Of Fuel? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 24, 2017
plenty problem.my take never allow the tank go empty.
Re: What Happens When My Diesel Engine Bus Completely Runs Out Of Fuel? by nurey(m): 9:02am On Mar 24, 2017
nepapole:
Good morning all. Please I want to know if there is any negative effect on my diesel engine when the car runs out of fuel (empty).

In a lay man's term

Nothing will be damaged if you run out of
diesel , but the injector pumps don't work if there's even the smallest amount of air in them. Therefore it will be necessary to bleed the air completely from the fuel lines and injector pumps before the engine will start and run properly.

In naija environment

Wahala dey plenty plenty for you in fact you don buy job

As our diesel is dirty, the dirt will be pushed into the injector nozzles and that's where trouble one starts from, it isn't going to be easy cleaning that injector

Your no2 problem is the air trapped inside, I have experienced this in office generator them bleed am tire, they had to carry it for a 3days service revival called "I will never be negligent again" the tithe we paid for the ministering technician no be small grin

If you are unfortunate to have a quack mechanic and the procedure for bleeding wasn't successful get ready to start throwing parts at the car, brain box, fuel pump, fuses, throttle body change, injector and fuel pump change.

Best advice never allow gasoline finish in an injector engine for carburetor no issue

1 Like

Re: What Happens When My Diesel Engine Bus Completely Runs Out Of Fuel? by nepapole(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2017
nurey:

In a lay man's term

Nothing will be damaged if you run out of
diesel , but the injector pumps don't work if there's even the smallest amount of air in them. Therefore it will be necessary to bleed the air completely from the fuel lines and injector pumps before the engine will start and run properly.

In naija environment

Wahala dey plenty plenty for you in fact you don buy job

As our diesel is dirty, the dirt will be pushed into the injector nozzles and that's where trouble one starts from, it isn't going to be easy cleaning that injector

Your no2 problem is the air trapped inside, I have experienced this in office generator them bleed am tire, they had to carry it for a 3days service revival called "I will never be negligent again" the tithe we paid for the ministering technician no be small grin

If you are unfortunate to have a quack mechanic and the procedure for bleeding wasn't successful get ready to start throwing parts at the car, brain box, fuel pump, fuses, throttle body change, injector and fuel pump change.

Best advice never allow gasoline finish in an injector engine for carburetor no issue
Tnx for d info.

(1) (Reply)

ATF Gear Box Oil Drying Up Without Visible Leakage. / Original Custom Duty For A Nigerian Used Peugeot 406 Station Wagon. / BMW Group Records Best-ever January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.