Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Ghost By Pen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost By Pen (356 Views)

The Alpha Maze By PEN / The Letter (part 1 And Part 2) By PEN / The Evil Girl (flash-fiction ) By Pen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghost By Pen by Palmernuel(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2017
Jake and Lucy for two years had been together, their relationship was as sturdy as the walls of Jericho. Jake was a happy reporter and even became happier the day Lucy showed up in his life. Lucy was a happy undergraduate student and even became happier the day Jake became her honey.

As an undergraduate student she never went out with Jake, she gave countless of excuses, it was either she want to read more or study more or focus more. Moreover, Jake never objected the fact that he wanted her to be among the best student 'but just for fun' cried out Jake most times but Lucy was such to turn down his offers with a peck.

Despite the fact that Lucy always turned down Jake's offers of taking her out, it never affected their love or reduced it in anyway rather it kept on burning like a furnace of fire and the heat could be felt by everyone who knew them.

It was pass 8am when Jake woke up that morning, just when he could get his eyes opened he heard the phone ringing.

'Hello, peter what's up' he said stretching himself and yawning, with the phone pressed softly on to his ear.

'Jake, do you know what the time is' asked peter

'Yeah!' Jake looked to the side of the bed where an alarm clock was 'it just 8:22'

'Where are you? Are you on your way coming?'

'No! I am just waking up'

'What!' Peter exclaimed 'you are just waking up? Look Jake, the boss have be asking after you severally this morning and I told him you were on your way coming , come on Jake what is wrong with you?, you aren't taking your job serious'

'Hey! Save me the chitchat, just come and meet me at lady's world, I have a surprise for you as for the boss I will handle him'

'What time'

'9am'

Jake threw the phone on the bed, jumped down happily, dressed up as soon as possible, and left the house looking gorgeous.

For thirty minutes, he had been in lady's world staring on the beautiful clothes, shoes, bags and Jewelry and admiring them, when peter pulled over at the parking lot. Jake saw him through the revolving door and walked to him outside.

'Why are you coming now it almost ten?' asked Jake.

'You side nine'

'But this is almost ten'

Peter kept quiet with his hand on his pocket staring at Jake 'what surprise were you talking about?' he asked after a short while.

'Are you ready? Now come with me' Jake said and they both walked into the shop

'Wow this place is beautiful' said peter staring around the place.

'This way' Jake said and dragged peter along with him to a section in the shop where beautiful rings were displayed.

'By now you should be surprised' said Jake smiling.

'For what?'

'I am getting engage with Lucy' Jake said still smiling

'You are so crazy Jake' peter said still staring at the beautiful rings on the display; Jake smile went off his face as if the power powering it went blackout and he became serious.

'Why did you say that?' asked Jake.

'It's not me you should be surprising it's Lucy, so you called me for this, I thought it was something else'

'Well, I thought you should be surprised as well, you were the one who told me to go ahead and I am here to surprise you that I am going ahead?'

'Any way, Jake which one are you going for?'

'Hmmm' Jake starred at each of the beautiful rings properly 'this one would be great' Jake pointed to a ring with a big diamond after a while.

'Jake, that would be too expensive I suggest you go with this' peter pointed to a shining golden ring with a small diamond. 'No! I want something more expensive' Jake said and stared back at the ring 'but this is more beautiful' peter insisted.

'And I said I need something more expensive'

'Ok, if you say so'

Jake took the ring out from the glass and ran his and slowly and gently on it 'she is going to love this' he said but peter was not listening he was looking surprise at the price tag of the golden ring with a small diamond 'oh! Jake, this golden ring with the small diamond actually cost more than that one' he said and Jake looked at peter 'really' he asked and looked at the ring and then the price tag.

'Wow, I think I will go for this'

'But Jake, this is too expensive'

'That is why I am going for it'

Jake carefully drop the other ring and stared back at peter 'look peter, I brought you here because I wanted you to give me suggestions ok! Now which do you suggest the small diamond or the big diamond'

Peter looked at Jake straight in his eyes and gave him a mocking look before staring back at the two rings 'am waiting' said Jake

'the big diamond?'

'My God, but you said the small diamond before?' screamed Jake

'Yes! Because I thought it was less expensive!'

'I don't know why I brought you here in the first place you don't even have a clue' Jake said and took the golden ring with the small diamond 'I will want to get some clothes for Lucy' he added and began walking to another section in the shop were beautiful clothes were showcased

'Jake! Are you going to spend all your money here?' peter asked dragging himself behind Jake who seems not to be listening.

It was almost 11am when Jake and peter came out from the shop, peter could not believe that they had spent almost an hour shopping and Jake seems to be excited for what he had got for Lucy just when they entered the car, Jake's phone rang and It was boss calling.

'Hello sir, good morning' Jake greeted

'What happened? Jake, by this time you are still not in the office?' the boss said a bit raising his voice.

'sir, actually, when I woke up this morning I felt weak and sick so I decided to see the doctor first before come to work, when I got to the doctor's place he told me to get some drugs which he prescribed for me, sir am just coming out from the shop where I went to buy the drugs I am with peter now and we are coming right now to the office' Jake explained

'Ok! Jake I wish you quick recovering' the boss said and Jake brought down the phone from his ear with relief and stared at peter that was about starting the car

'Why are you staring at me that way?' asked Jake

'Noting Jake, it's just that I am surprised, I thought they sell clothes, shoes and jewelry and all that, I never knew they sell drugs too' peter said and moved the car.

full story ==>

https://www.wattpad.com/388557550-ghost-chapter-one
Please vote for this chapter if you like it

(1) (Reply)

The Publishing Academy: Become A Hot Cake In The Book Industry! / Fabmumng Holds First Mothers Event In Lagos / Today's African Bedtime Story For Your Kids -why Cats Kill Rats (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.