Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time (20009 Views)

10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / 10 Most Annoyingly Difficult Video Games Of All Time / Hilarious Video Games Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
Video games can be fun to play but can also be frustrating when playing with some insane boss imagine me trying to beat a particular boss for four good months!!! I've decided to compile a list of game boss that is considered the toughest with YouTube videos enjoy!!!
lalasticlala, Seun Mynd44

VERGIL- DEVIl MAY CRY 3
Devil May Cry 3 is a punishing game. It also boasts some of the most satisfying boss battles in video game history. The showdown against twin brother Vergil, in particular, is one of my favourites. Thing is, you battle him three times in total, each more grueling than the last. It’s the final showdown that is the toughest and subsequently the most fun. Vergil has the ability to regenerate health whilst in devil trigger form and deals considerable damage when doing so. Dante must stymy his attempts at transforming or else he will stay in that form for a prolonged period and kick your butt pretty easily. One wrong move and you’re dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBWkpvsnBww

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
LAST BOSS - DRAKENGARD 3
Just imagine if you can a game focused on story with bad combat machanics , got it? Right. Now take a flower mix it with a few animatronic statues of girls and a catchy tune, then add in through fire and flames on expert mode and change the rules so if you fail even once you have to start over.
What are we left with? The last boss of Drakengard 3, But I didn’t mention the secret chemical X, but since I like you guys I’ll tell you what the X stands for: Extreme pain, misery and torment grin .
This boss is so difficult that it took me 4 months to be able to beat the game!! Even when I succumbed to using walkthrough it didn't even help at all the most commonly accepted way to beat it online is to take video that shows you how to time your button presses and start it at the same time the song does, which in itself is a right pain the knob, but honestly? Using the video is at least one hundred times easier to beat this boss unless you’ve studied music theory in school grin .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by PMPhoenix(m): 11:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Video games can be fun to play but can also be frustrating when playing with some insane boss imagine me trying to beat a particular boss for four good months!!! I've decided to compile a list of game boss that is considered the toughest with YouTube videos enjoy!!!

VERGIL- DEVIl MAY CRY 3
Devil May Cry 3 is a punishing game. It also boasts some of the most satisfying boss battles in video game history. The showdown against twin brother Vergil, in particular, is one of my favourites. Thing is, you battle him three times in total, each more grueling than the last. It’s the final showdown that is the toughest and subsequently the most fun. Vergil has the ability to regenerate health whilst in devil trigger form and deals considerable damage when doing so. Dante must stymy his attempts at transforming or else he will stay in that form for a prolonged period and kick your butt pretty easily. One wrong move and you’re dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBWkpvsnBww

Devil May Cry 3 was too good. Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by cao(f): 3:44am On Mar 25, 2017
Sorry, antispam bot had a false positive...he will, hopefully, continue later...
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 25, 2017
LAST BOSS - DRAKENGARD 3
Just imagine, if you can, a game focused on story with bad combat machanics , got it? Right. Now take a flower mix it with a few animatronic statues of girls and a catchy tune, then add in through fire and flames on expert mode and change the rules so if you fail even once you have to start over.
What are we left with? The last boss of Drakengard 3, But I didn’t mention the secret chemical X, but since I like you guys I’ll tell you what the X stands for: Extreme pain, misery and torment .
This boss is so difficult that it took me 4 months to be able to beat the game!! Even when I succumbed to using walkthrough it didn't even help at all the most commonly accepted way to beat it online is to take video that shows you how to time your button presses and start it at the same time the song does, which in itself is a right pain the knob, but honestly? Using the video is at least one hundred times easier to beat this boss unless you’ve studied music theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49gLC9yiGOg

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 25, 2017
Ultimacia - Final Fantasy 8
Utimacia is perhaps, the ultimate, example of Final Fantasys often elaborate storytelling. But whether she makes sense or not (*SPOILER * she doesn't >: ) you've got to admit she's extremely difficult to beat,,,. Unlike any boss before her, Ultimecia will punish, you for any sort of imbalance you've created in your party. Randomly choosing which members of your party she wants to molest, you'll soon find all the characters you ignored since disc one absorbed into the timestream for such idiocy. I hadn't €™t touched Selphie since the Dollet missions, at least a day€™s worth of game time ago €“ the sorceress just demolished her and moved onto the next unprepared weakling. But what really set Ultimecia aside as one of the most formidable bosses in Final Fantasy was the fact you had to beat her in four stages. First she turns up as herself (difficult enough in itself), then summons a ridiculously powerful Guardian Force who can strip you of your own GFs before you can even blink. If like me, you€™d spent the majority of your battles spamming the GFs because you simply couldn't be arsed to draw out a fight, this came as a bitter kick in the down-belows. But not to worry, if you do eventually make it past that, she'll only come back twice more, each time with exponentially increasing power! A lot of RPG gamers can trace their nightmare back to this lady! Hardcore RPG gamers can testify to how tough this lady is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyILfPaVbyE

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 25, 2017
sephiroth - Kingdom Hearts 2
Sephiroth was tough enough in final Fantasy 7 but his incarnation in Kingdom Hearts was definitely brutal, he's fast, strong and has some devastating attacks that seems impossible to dodge only with perfect timing and high level can you beat this guy This is the kind of boss that will make you speak in tongues while fighting grin . . Sephiroth is one boss that is very very fast and in order to beat this beast human you need to be extremely fast in fact only few players of can boast to have beaten this boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLPyUxIwlA&gl=NG&hl=en-ng

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 25, 2017
Ultimate alma - the ninja garden sigma
Ultimate Alma has all the ingredients of a classic pain in the Assassin's boss: she’s erratic, powerful and quick. And when I say she’s erratic, I’m not kidding Alma has no pattern to her attacks.Each time you face her, presumably after dying countless times, she changes up her strategy which makes walkthrough useless!!! Ninja Gaiden is known for its extreme difficulty, but this, "werey boss" is the pinnacle of challenge in this longstanding series. You’ll need copious amounts of luck to beat her and quick reactions because she does not mess around from the get-go. She’ll reside in your nightmares for years once you play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwGpUF5pC9E

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 25, 2017
Psycho mantis Metal gear Solid
Psycho mantis is one "psycho boss" you'll ever face in the metal gear series. This boss can be easy if you know what to do but he can also be a very tough nut to crack if you don't have any idea of what to do. if you don't have any idea on how to beat this boss, my brother, my sister "you are on a long thing" , if you like spam all the weapons Snake has he would be able to predict your every move. Who would have thought that the only way to fool his mind reading abilities is to plug the controller to the second port, this never crossed the mind of gamers back in the 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0oHnGM_iQw

6 Likes

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 25, 2017
Capra Demon - Dark Souls
Despite Dark Souls's reputation for being ball-crushingly difficult yet fair in its approach to kicking your ass over and over again, it doesn't always follow its own rules on what constitutes a fair game. It's arguably to say that over 95% of Dark Souls' boss fights are fair in the sense that you're given ample room to avoid getting beaten to a pulp and some breathing room to learn enemy attack patterns, but the Capra Demon ignores all of those established rules; he's a cheap douche-puppet who just doesn't care about fairness
Me when I was about facing the boss: "Oh look, there's a Fog Gate, I better prepare myself for a boss fight. I'll go through and keep my distance so I can learn his" ...
After fighting the boss: "oh, I'm dead" . That's your first encounter with the Capra Demon summed up perfectly. The second you push your way through the thick fog barrier, the Capra Demon will be all over you, ready to mount you like a dog in heat. And if he doesn't, his pet mutts will. Literally. There's nothing enjoyable about fighting the Capra Demon. His arena is so small that it is barely the size of a cupboard, he has pet dogs that distract you, and he has a ridiculously large reach with his dual swords. Once you've beaten him for completionist's sake, there's zero reason to come back and fight Capra again. Hell, he's not even a required kill to reach the end credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc2go1SUD1s

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 25, 2017
Ornatein and smough - DarkSouls
Everybody that has played the dark souls series knows how hard the game is but this boss is exceptional for some reasons which is the fact that you'll have to fight two boss at once!!! Even one of them is enough to cause nightmares for gamers but pitting them together is totally heartless yes I said it HEARTLESS!!! One holds a gigantic, hammer whil THE, other is gruesome beast and a few shots from that lightning spear and you’re toast, so don’t even try to parry his attacks, one single mistake, you're dead. Just how tough is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDia1wqYK8

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 25, 2017
Senator Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising Revengeace
Look at his head undecided , he thinks he's untouchable and annoyingly... he kind of is. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance isn't an easy game by any means, the difficulty of this boss can make you destroy your game controller in anger. What's more annoying is that there's no actual preparation for the boss the game only prepares you for the ass whooping you're about to receive. Every boss prior to Armstrong in Revengeance has a tell. It can be subtle or obvious, but there's always an opening in their attack pattern where you'll find yourself thinking that you've found an opportune moment to but a move. With Armstrong? Not so much. The dude is quite literally on OSHOGBO WEED sorry steroids , having infused his body with, copious amounts of nanomachines that make him all but impervious to blunt trauma attacks. That's okay though, you have a,, huge sword to slice him up with, right? Wrong. You won't be doing any slicing and dicing, because Armstrong will be reading your every move before you even think of it just like psycho mantis and there's no changing of controllers to this one tongue and he will respond with a punch to the face or a hail of hot lava. Fun times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALkd3DG6HA

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 25, 2017
Shao kahn - Mortal kombat 9
This is boss is one of earliest boqss that upped their game in terms of difficulty. Khan is strong, can block like a pro and will taunt you in the middle of the of the battle The final battles with Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat II & 3 are equally as irritating as his appearance in the 2011 reboot, but it's the latter version that appears here, for one simple reason. You have no choice but to fight the evil emperor as anyone other than Raiden at the climax of MK9's story mode, and that's just a load of bollocks. If you're not a Raiden fan, you're forced into using him, and even if you are, you're still up against the guy that has an answer for everything. Shao can't be staggered, stunned or thrown and, to make matters worse, his X-ray move takes off over 50% of your health in one fell swoop. Screw that. If you mistakenly set the game to hard while playing this games oh boy hell will loose because before you can say jack this boss will K'O you. The only way to beat this boss is to use a quick and powerful attack like Raiden's and just hope you'll get lucky. This is one of the that requires less skill and more luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3iikOci-L8

8 Likes

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2017
PS: this list is totally debatable one man's food is another man's poison, what is tough for me could be a push over for you so feel free to add yours. If you are gamer and have beaten 70 percent of this boss consider yourself one of the best gamers on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Lana1(m): 9:18am On Mar 25, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Senator Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising Revengeace
Look at his head undecided , he thinks he's untouchable and annoyingly... he kind of is. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance isn't an easy game by any means, the difficulty of this boss can make you destroy your game controller in anger. What's more annoying is that there's no actual preparation for the boss the game only prepares you for the ass whooping you're about to receive. Every boss prior to Armstrong in Revengeance has a tell. It can be subtle or obvious, but there's always an opening in their attack pattern where you'll find yourself thinking that you've found an opportune moment to but a move. With Armstrong? Not so much. The dude is quite literally on OSHOGBO WEED sorry steroids , having infused his body with, copious amounts of nanomachines that make him all but impervious to blunt trauma attacks. That's okay though, you have a,, huge sword to slice him up with, right? Wrong. You won't be doing any slicing and dicing, because Armstrong will be reading your every move before you even think of it just like psycho mantis and there's no changing of controllers to this one tongue and he will respond with a punch to the face or a hail of hot lava. Fun times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALkd3DG6HA
Lol. All boss fights in dis game were top notch. And can anyone ever make a top 10 boss fight compilation without including Senator Armstrong?? That guy was the true definition of beast mode.

If i remember correctly, fighting him was in 3 stages. Mehn i couldnt finish the game o. This was the first time in my life i'd quit a game without finishing. I just gave up and watched the final fight and ending on youtube.

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 25, 2017
Lana1:
Lol. All boss fights in dis game were top notch. And can anyone ever make a top 10 boss fight compilation without including Senator Armstrong?? That guy was the true definition of beast mode.

If i remember correctly, fighting him was in 3 stages. Mehn i couldnt finish the game o. This was the first time in my life i'd quit a game without finishing. I just gave up and watched the final fight and ending on youtube.
Hahaha grin The guy was absolutely tough he made me had a lot of sleepless night. I also wanted quit but my conscience would not let me, I had to go back to the game after some weeks and luckily after a few hours I was able to beat him.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2017
cao:
Sorry, antispam bot had a false positive...he will, hopefully, continue later...
I don't understand ...... Can you enlighten me on the reason you banned me
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by cao(f): 3:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
Vasaratti16:
I don't understand ...... Can you enlighten me on the reason you banned me
I did not ban you, the antispam bot did.
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
cao:
I did not ban you, the antispam bot did.
Without reasons?
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by HyDef(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Without reasons?

It's a bot, it tries to detect spam posts, and hide and block the user. It works on spam detecting algorithms which can sometimes be far from effective. I've been banned by the anti-spam bot before. If it ever happens, just report it to the section's mods if it ever happens. They'll fix it up soon enough. So it thought it had reasons, but they were wrong.

Anyway, to the post. I've never played a single one of those games. embarassed I've heard of all of them like usual, closest I've gotten to them was playing MGS2. I can't think of the hardest boss I've battled... If I can I'll make sure to mention. smiley
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by HyDef(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
Wait, I'd say the final boss in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Whatever his name was, the type of boss that has multiple stages. Tough as nails.
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
HyDef:
Wait, I'd say the final boss in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Whatever his name was, the type of boss that has multiple stages. Tough as nails.
I played the game half way I don't know why I just got bored with the game, since then I've hated the Castlevania series
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by MasterChen: 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lol. This is the first time I'm seeing someone say Shao Khan is tough. Shao Khan wey plenty people dey close eye beat.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by ItsawrapOutfit: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Where is FIFA 2017? grin
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Pharaoh9(m): 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Where is GTA

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Psycho mantis Metal gear Solid
Psycho mantis is one "psycho boss" you'll ever face in the metal gear series. This boss can be easy if you know what to do but he can also be a very tough nut to crack if you don't have any idea of what to do. if you don't have any idea on how to beat this boss, my brother, my sister "you are on a long thing" , if you like spam all the weapons Snake has he would be able to predict your every move. Who would have thought that the only way to fool his mind reading abilities is to plug the controller to the second port, this never crossed the mind of gamers back in the 90's.

Hahaha wtf, do you mean the bolded literally or metaphorically?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by naturebase: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
MasterChen:
Lol. This is the first time I'm seeing someone say Shao Khan is tough

True shao khan was hard to beat but don't think he comes close to being in the toughest boss category.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Divay22(f): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
ItsawrapOutfit:
Where is FIFA 2017? grin
He dey come for back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Football Manager 2021 PC Official Thread / Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.