Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Help Me With My Popcorn Problems - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help Me With My Popcorn Problems (1103 Views)

Locally Fabricated Ovens And Popcorn Machine For Sale. / Are You Interested In Popcorn Machines? / Local Popcorn Machine For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Guy pm guys.
Ok its my first time making popcorn, so i tried making them with stove but they all keep burning with oil still in them.

I did read some tutorials on how to make popcorn with stove like......

Heat the oil for some time,
Add three or four pieces of corn kernels and allow them pop,
Remove pot from heat and add the other corn kernels then count till 30 before puting them back to heat....
Shake them while they pop.....

I did follow all this processes but they all keep burning with oil still in them......

Pls who can tell me what am doing wrong. can't popcorn be made with stove?.....

I used power oil, is it bad?
How do i apply salt, sugar, honey, and butter to the popcorn.......

Thanks in advance for your answers
Re: Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by wahles(m): 11:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Are u sure u got d correct grain for the job? or the grains have lost their popping ability. U can chat me up for pointers# I still have it up here
Re: Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by ExAngel007(f): 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
interesting...
Re: Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
wahles:
Are u sure u got d correct grain for the job? or the grains have lost their popping ability. U can chat me up for pointers# I still have it up here

Thanks for the answer but how do grains loose their poping ability?
Re: Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by youngest85(m): 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
When they are no longer to d'banj or skibii
Re: Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by wahles(m): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2017
nelsonchrisx:

Thanks for the answer but how do grains loose their poping ability?
over exposure to light, reduces d moisture content of d grain nd thus d popping ability
Re: Help Me With My Popcorn Problems by router123(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
That is what you get when u use maize meant for akamu to do popcorn

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Zobo Drink / Crownstar Sandwich Maker. For Sale / Guilty Or Not Guilty? How Often Do You Clean Your Water Dispenser.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.