Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

12 Blogger Plugins That Will Skyrocket Your Blog - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 12 Blogger Plugins That Will Skyrocket Your Blog (428 Views)

How To Skyrocket Your Business To A Game-changing Level / Skyrocket Your Career With This Skill(check It Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Blogger Plugins That Will Skyrocket Your Blog by gabonsky: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
Here’s a list of plugins I use on my blog and what I use them for. I'm hoping that a few of them will be useful for you too! Click through to see all the plugins!

I confess. I had no idea what blogger plugins were when I created my first site. I only knew I needed them.

Blogger plugins are software “snippets” that add additional functionality and features to your WordPress website. You need them too! They will make your blogging life so much easier and help you build an audience that much faster.

Here are some of the features you can add with plugins:

Contact forms
Search optimization
Social media share links
List-building pop-ups
and tons more…

There are literally tons and tons of blogger plugins to choose from. So how do you know which ones you really need?

Today I’m sharing some of the plugins I have installed on my blog. Some I use for SEO, some for social media, some are more administrative, and others are for email list building. These are grouped in order of priority (what to install first, what to install next), and I’m hoping that a few of these will be useful for your blog too.

INSTALL THESE BLOGGER PLUGINS FIRST:
WP-SpamShack
USE TO: BLOCK COMMENT SPAM
You get so excited when you see 25 comments on our dashboard, but then find that 95% of those are spam. Bleh, who has time for that? You don’t! Time to shut down spam comments before they happen.

Spam is such a huge issue for WordPress sites that each install actually comes with a spam filter plugin called Akismet. I’ve never used it, though, because the set up seemed like too much work. Plus, I’ve heard that the filtering can be too aggressive, meaning that it will block valid comments as spam so you won’t have a chance to see real, true reader comments.

WP-SpamShack is very effective and easy to use. Just activate it and you’re good to go. What can be easier than that?

Yoast SEO
USE TO: HELP SEARCH ENGINES FIND YOUR CONTENT
WordPress is by default a search engine-friendly platform. But you’ll need the help of Yoast SEO to optimize your site even more for search engines. I use it on every one of my posts. If you want to make it easy for people to find your work on Google, you need to use it too!

Yoast SEO will analyze your posts and give you a checklist for headings, content, post title, description, and images and even URLs to make sure that everything on your page is optimized for any keyword you choose. It does a whole bunch of other things too, like Facebook OpenGraph data and XML sitemap generator.

For more about the plugins i am using on my blog, kindly visit https://gabrielatanbiyi..com.ng/2017/03/12-blogger-plugins-that-will-skyrocket.html

(1) (Reply)

Farm From The Comfort Of Your Home. / Join The Debate: Should An Illiterate Bank Customer Be Issued ATM Card? / Nigerian Model Found Dead....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.