Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. (2162 Views)

Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early / At What Age Does Youth End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by nkemjacob2(m): 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
If i could recall my father married at the age of 26 my mum at the age of 19. But now we see men and sometimes women clocking towards 30 and above before getting married. What could be the reasons.

Share your experience if you fall under this category and why are you not married.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by MayhorE(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
not that I hate marriage, but its just I don't give a damn about it, I don't take it so important, its not a must but its maybe. though am still small BT I don't have plan for marriage in the future and I don't care, but if God wish I may.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Skillfullulu(m): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Same as my pop an mom, almost same age as yours @op but my brothers them, em b like 35+ wife be that kind late 20's imagine.... I don't blame them anyway it's the situation.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
nkemjacob2:
If i could recall my father married at the age of 26 my mum at the age of 19. But now we see men and sometimes women clocking towards 30 and above before getting married. What could be the reasons.

Share your experience if you fall under this category and why are you not married.

The economy was good during their time, and social wise things weren't complex today's lady's are more sophisticated, recession is on the increase, bills are pilling up, it's hardly any reason why most youths are not married, but mind you this is mostly a Lagos problem other states less complex might not have this problem.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Mekus68: 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lack of job. Lack of money. High taste of GREEDY girls. Lack of responsible, well mannered and well brought up girls.

The man bellow has more on his list.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by teeghurl(f): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
90% of married ones are bad examples. So what's the point of rushing?

8 Likes

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by serverconnect(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
My dear marriage in old days is not the same now. Economy situation has riddle everything.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
90% of married ones are bad examples. So what's the point of rushing?

as in, this weekend a friend came to crash in my place, his wife just got tired of the marriage and took the kids and it's been like that for a year, however I haven't heard her side, so I am pretty sure there's still a side. but been trying to get him to fix things up. His ex that he proposed to that told him no, too was seperated too reason being the husband na wife-beater. And there's more and more of this. Only God sha
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pcguru,
Hi, How are you holding up?
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by subtlemee(f): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Too many relationship and marriage tips from quacks ...then the tips were handed down from mothers and fathers with genuine experiences

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
ferhyntorlah:
Pcguru,

Hi,
How are you holding up?

My dear i dey o, just slugging it out, but life is good, how you doing ?
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by teeghurl(f): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcguru1:

as in, this weekend a friend came to crash in my place, his wife just got tired of the marriage and took the kids and it's been like that for a year, however I haven't heard her side, so I am pretty sure there's still a side. but been trying to get him to fix things up. His ex that he proposed to that told him no, too was seperated too reason being the husband na wife-beater. And there's more and more of this. Only God sha
People are just too selfish these days. Marriage is jst like another box to be ticked for most people

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcguru1:

My dear i dey o, just slugging it out, but life is good, how you doing ?

I'm very much alright.
Thanks
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by nursennenny(f): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nowadays, there are many things to achieve
Education and career
Money and investments
Moreover living in a city is no child play unlike them that started in the villa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
High cost of living
And women want already made men
And finding a decent wife and hubby was pretty easy then cos of the family system.
Finally,while growing up you already know who u are betrothed to and both of you work in harmony unlike now you date 50 people before finding the right one grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
I think the society has changed and so has the values. So people's priorities are different.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
The world has evolved. We're not in your father's era.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
So you're going to compare the times your parent married to now?

Look around you and ask yourself if that is a fair comparison.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by rhymesnoni(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
gt da youths job nd see us marry in our early 20's
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
Material acquisition in those days aint as it's now

the criteria used in their time was (ROOF) over your head and means of (INCOME )
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by helinues: 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Because I'm recruiting, screening, selecting & training the Best Mom for my unborn child
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Acidosis(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
It has nothing to do with job or money. Why is it that late marriages are common in the cities where we have all the wonderful jobs and offers?

In fact, a full-time job is directly proportional to a late marriage. Availability of money and job are among the reasons people marry late. When you have a lot of money to waste, you spend it drinking and sleeping around (things your fathers didn't do in their time). For the ladies, availability of wonderful jobs (that take all your time, including weekends) could be a limitation. That iPhone 7 and the Brazilian hair could scare a lot of guys, especially those earning less than N200k. Those that earn much more are already married! They started like the other guys y'all reject.

Just look around you, you'd discover that many young couples in Lagos didn't start their journey in Lagos. They met outside Lagos, and only decided to take it further. There is this thing about Lagos and places like Abuja, etc., that keeps you busy, busy chasing money and other vague stuffs. Mind you, Lagos will eventually take the money from you and leave you spouse-less. Like a plaque, you won't realize what has been happening to you.

I expect that all Lagos churches will conduct at least 4 weddings weekly given the population of the city, but check around you, you'd find that that ten year old church with over 500 members have not conducted a single wedding in 8 years.

Late marriage is a city thing, people are too busy here minding other people's business.

Does it mean that we don't have broke people in the city? Of course, we do. Are they married? No, they are not, but many of them co-habit. If you want to live a reckless life, go and hide in the city where no one will see you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by austinereds(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
very funny. with all these impatient youths who will marry early? Money and work is another factor
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
More of a city thing.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Divay22(f): 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
They are scared of commitment grin
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by ufuosman(m): 7:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
Thing has change, for the girls, you will not give your daughter for marriage at the age of 18 or 19. For the guys one of the problem is MONEY.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by jmoore(m): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lack of money.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
Unfortunately, many will grow up without the privilege of enjoying their grandkids like our parents and grandparents are doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Unfortunately, many will grow up without the privilege of enjoying their grandkids like our parents and grandparents are doing.

That's actually a scary thought
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by patani(m): 7:29am On Mar 28, 2017
Acidosis:
It has nothing to do with job or money. Why is it that late marriages are common in the cities where we have all the wonderful jobs and offers?

In fact, a full-time job is directly proportional to a late marriage. Availability of money and job are among the reasons people marry late. When you have a lot of money to waste, you spend it drinking and sleeping around (things your fathers didn't do in their time). For the ladies, availability of wonderful jobs (that take all your time, including weekends) could be a limitation. That iPhone 7 and the Brazilian hair could scare a lot of guys, especially those earning less than N200k. Those that earn much more are already married! They started like the other guys y'all reject.

Just look around you, you'd discover that many young couples in Lagos didn't start their journey in Lagos. They met outside Lagos, and only decided to take it further. There is this thing about Lagos and places like Abuja, etc., that keeps you busy, busy chasing money and other vague stuffs. Mind you, Lagos will eventually take the money from you and leave you spouse-less. Like a plaque, you won't realize what has been happening to you.

I expect that all Lagos churches will conduct at least 4 weddings weekly given the population of the city, but check around you, you'd find that that ten year old church with over 500 members have not conducted a single wedding in 8 years.

Late marriage is a city thing, people are too busy here minding other people's business.

Does it mean that we don't have broke people in the city? Of course, we do. Are they married? No, they are not, but many of them co-habit. If you want to live a reckless life, go and hide in the city where no one will see you.

You just hit the nail on the head...all your points are absolutely right!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by Acidosis(m): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Many don't understand what await them.

Already, life expectancy has significantly dropped.
Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2017
Acidosis:

Many don't understand what await them.

Already, life expectancy has significantly dropped.
My brother from Okunland, I so much fear what awaits me if I delay longer before getting married... I think the media isn't helping issues also

1 Like

Re: Why Does Youth This days Marry So Late. by KevinDein: 8:19am On Mar 28, 2017
Acidosis:

Mr. The emboldened is extremely scary yet very true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help A Widower With Children Fees / Will You Terminate Your Pregnancy If The Doctor Told You To? / Meet Tina, Godwin Okpara’s Rape Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.