Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Marriage Partners - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Partners (244 Views)

Adeboye Restates Warning Against Finding Marriage Partners On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Partners by newnature: 4:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
Let this mind be in you, which is in Jesus our Savior. Jesus wasn’t thinking, “I’m superior!” “I’m superior!” “I think I’ll start throwing my weight around and bossing those for whom I’m dying!” What about it ladies? What if your believing husband made himself of no reputation, humbled himself, and loved you as Jesus loved? Would that not be a grand thing? Would that not motivate her to serve you as you’re serving her? What if that believing wife made herself of reputation, humbled herself, and loved her husband in the way that all believers are to love the Savior? How about it, husbands? Would that not also be grand? What we’re doing is waiting upon the other to begin the process...each side making their service to the other side contingent upon the service of the other to them. It’s an amazing thing that for believers and that’s the only people to whom Paul is writing, there is a judgment seat of the Savior that husbands will not be judged by how well their wives responded. It will be how well they led. Wives will not be judged as to whether their husbands were leading correctly, but in their role in serving the husband. Someone might say that Paul doesn’t tell the wife to love her husband, in the first place, and that this is a directive he gives to the husband. Paul tells the wife to reverence her husband. (Titus 2:3-4) When it comes to doctrine concerning the age of grace, Paul was in a leadership position. Did Paul consider himself to be above the saints of this dispensation? Did he consider himself to be superior to those who he was leading? Ephesians 3:8 answers that, quite well. Ephesians chapter 5 has to do with two marriage partners, both being desirous of aligning themselves with God and his Word rightly divided, serving one another in the manner in which God intended they are to serve one another. When it comes to the husband being the head of the wife, it has to do with the husband aligning himself to serve his wife in the manner that God intended him to serve her. The same is true when it comes to the wife and her role in the marriage relationship.

(1) (Reply)

As Christ Is Risen..... / Jesus Resurrection / Wisdom To Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.