Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? (29853 Views)

A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO MTN LUMOS.NO SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT / A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity / Please Help, I Want To Buy Mtn Lumos Solar Power(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by twinskenny(m): 6:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Good morning folks,

Has any one picked up the mtn Lumos solar kit? Any review good or bad?
Thanks
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by willian10: 7:05am On Mar 27, 2017
I won't advise you to buy it, that shit no suppose pass 50k, at the end of the day u will pay more than 300k
MTN is a private business tho wink

4 Likes

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by tolajay: 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
Your worry is the cost and not the efficiency, right?

Well, that payment plan, I think it's okay.

My grouse is simply the capacity, which can still be managed now.

willian10:
I won't advise you to buy it, that shit no suppose pass 50k, at the end of the day u will pay more than 300k
MTN is a private business tho wink

2 Likes

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by willian10: 10:03am On Mar 27, 2017
tolajay:
Your worry is the cost and not the efficiency, right?

Well, that payment plan, I think it's okay.

My grouse is simply the capacity, which can still be managed now.

Go for it then..

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by adrusa: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
If you live in a place where there is no electricity at all, may be. My problem with it are the following.

1. You must pay for a minimum of 20 days in a month or it will be taken away from you.
2. If you use it even for just one hour in a day, you pay the full daily price.
3. It will cost you about N3,000 per month for very limited power.
4. It is low capacity. With small sized TV, it will run out in not more than 2-3 hours in the night, may be better during the day. On days when it rains and heavy cloud with little sunshine, you will have no light, especially if you exhausted it the previous night.
5. You will only stop paying after 5 years and by then, the battery will probably be dead.
6. This is just mindless money-making by MTN and Lumos and I suspect that it will fail for lack of patronage.They may be forced to review their prices later.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by twinskenny(m): 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
adrusa:
If you live in a place where there is no electricity at all, may be. My problem with it are the following.

1. You must pay for a minimum of 20 days in a month or it will be taken away from you.
4. It is low capacity. With small sized TV, it will run out in not more than 2-3 hours in the night, may be better during the day. On days when it rains and heavy cloud with little sunshine, you will have no light, especially if you exhausted it the previous night.
5. You will only stop paying after 5 years and by then, the battery will probably be dead.
6. This is just mindless money-making by MTN and Lumos and I suspect that it will fail for lack of patronage.They may be forced to review their prices later.

Very good observation thank you sir
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by refreshrate: 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
adrusa:

*pours fuel inside I better pass my neighbor*

I can't shout
Bros thank you so much for this
God bless

14 Likes

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Olayinka777(m): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
The solar kit is very useful as it can power a whole lots of AC appliances of 12volts capacity. It would also save u a lot on buying fuel.

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by clemils1: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
nice analysis bro. God bless you. i just thought of picking one now cos i felt it was better than having a Gen.....
adrusa:

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by surrogatesng: 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable
and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy
and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing
fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows
like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with
nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is
truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah
battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono
crystaline panels are known to perform better than
polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch
tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting
points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your
home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room
just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by vpaymoney(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
surrogatesng:
This is the best solar kit,it also includes a television http://solarkit.com.ng/?q=content/solar-generator-and-television-kit
If you can do payment plan like mtn, many pipu will opt for yours. Honestly yours makes sense pass mtn own aswear

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by pointstores(m): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
best Nigeria solar kit 700watts inverter 40ah battery 100watts panel free decoder with more than 100tv stations
total package is 140,000 no monthly payment
12volt 260ah 125,000 12volt 200ah 105,000 12volt 100ah 55,000 12volt 19ah 10,000 12volt 7ah 5,000 12volt 5ah 4,500
China Germany standard Jo power 12volt 180ah 75,000 Jo power 12volt 100ah 45,000
GMB Korea standard
200ah 90,000 100ah 42,000
location trade fair international mile 2 08166117634

2 Likes

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Dam5reey(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
vpaymoney:

If you can do payment plan like mtn, many pipu will opt for yours. Honestly yours makes sense pass mtn own aswear

For your mind grin

Fact 80watts panel cannot charge 40AH battery.. even if sun shines for the whole day, not to talk of raining day...like this season..

So how do you want to charge and use the set up at the same time... ? This is more worse..

Solar system works, but you need to spend some cash cool
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by tunde89: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2017
oh yes.if you do payment plan like mtn,people will jump on yours because majority are waiting for such opportunity.
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by ndcide(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Dam5reey:

For your mind grin

Fact 80watts panel cannot charge 40AH battery.. even if sun shines for the whole day, not to talk of raining day...like this season..

So how do you want to charge and use the set up at the same time... ? This is more worse..

Solar system works, but you need to spend some cash cool

Really?.. Plz can you suggest one to use?
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 20, 2017
If you live in places like Ogun state where some places have no power supply the the mtn luminos is a blessing and I can confidently beat my cheat that it has saved me spending outrageous amounts of money on fueling my generator every day. I spend way less on fuel.
truth be told, it's only during the dry season that one will enjoy this equipment best when there is excessive sunlight.
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Obeenah(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
The MTN Lumos is a great product within the distrubuted electricity space however a lot of miss selling have occured especislly since not many people were told it is an 80watts DC solar kit capable of only powering a handful of DC appliances and 60watts of AC appliance when used with the converter.

Currently goes for the promo price of N19000 with N4500 monthly subscription.

http://www.facebook.com/solarenergynigeria offers a 500watts system which is 4 times bigger and power more AC rated appliances up to 300watts at a go.

Payment can be made for 2years with an initial upfront of only N156,000 and monthly payment of N12,000 for 24 months.

500watts Solar system comprises of.

2 units of 250watts solar panels.

1 unit of 12v 200ah batteries

1 unit of 800VA hybrid #Inverter

1 unit of 30amps charge controller

including accessories and installation.

Call: 0803-512-5915 or visit www.facebook.com/solarenergynigeria for further details
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by twinskenny(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Obeenah:
The MTN Lumos is a great product within the distrubuted electricity space however a lot of miss selling have occured especislly since not many people were told it is an 80watts DC solar kit capable of only powering a handful of DC appliances and 60watts of AC appliance when used with the converter.

Currently goes for the promo price of N19000 with N4500 monthly subscription.

http://www.facebook.com/solarenergynigeria offers a 500watts system which is 4 times bigger and power more AC rated appliances up to 300watts at a go.

Payment can be made for 2years with an initial upfront of only N156,000 and monthly payment of N12,000 for 24 months.

500watts Solar system comprises of.

2 units of 250watts solar panels.

1 unit of 12v 200ah batteries

1 unit of 800VA hybrid #Inverter

1 unit of 30amps charge controller

including accessories and installation.

Call: 0803-512-5915 or visit www.facebook.com/solarenergynigeria for further details

the initial payemtn is still high

how much is the total payment?>?

2 Likes

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Obeenah(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
twinskenny:

the initial payemtn is still high

how much is the total payment?>?

Paying outright it would cost N402,000.

If paying over 2 years it would be N447,000 over the 2 year period.

Chat me up on whatsapps on 0803-512-5915 and I will send you a breakdown of the system for your review.

Thank you
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by samintegrity(m): 12:24am On Aug 27, 2017
refreshrate:

*pours fuel inside I better pass my neighbor*

I can't shout
Bros thank you so much for this
God bless

If you were to fuel your better pass my neighbor gen with N200 daily, that's N6000 in a month,

Yes you can on this and that while using the gen, but with lumos there's a limit..

I for one use it for my dell laptop + charge my phone.. But the battery if using while not charging can run down in about 5-6hrs

Would have been very good though, but I would advise you father abt 150-200k and get a good solar kit

A friend can use his to power like 3 laptops + a small tv at once while my mtn lumos can carry jst 1 laptop and then charge your smartphones or I plug in my tv watch film + standing fan + charge smartphones. Which runs down quite fast

However, if you under a very good sunlight and it charges up to 100%, the good news is, you can use tv, fan and charge phone and yet it won't drop a percentage because of the good sunlight

Try that during a cloudy day or raining day, then you will regret, cos in a matter of hours from 100, you down to 5%

Bottom line is, its okay for mini use, no much stress

If you ask me, I think mtn lumos is over priced. But still 4500 monthly is a bit better than 6000 in terms of cost, but what you can achieve with your 6000 out weight what you will with 4500. Since with Gen you can use Fridge, Tv, laptops, charge smartphones and more ...

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by refreshrate: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2017
samintegrity:

If you were to fuel your better pass my neighbor gen with N200 daily, that's N6000 in a month,

Yes you can on this and that while using the gen, but with lumos there's a limit..

I for one use it for my dell laptop + charge my phone.. But the battery if using while not charging can run down in about 5-6hrs

Would have been very good though, but I would advise you father abt 150-200k and get a good solar kit

A friend can use his to power like 3 laptops + a small tv at once while my mtn lumos can carry jst 1 laptop and then charge your smartphones or I plug in my tv watch film + standing fan + charge smartphones. Which runs down quite fast

However, if you under a very good sunlight and it charges up to 100%, the good news is, you can use tv, fan and charge phone and yet it won't drop a percentage because of the good sunlight

Try that during a cloudy day or raining day, then you will regret, cos in a matter of hours from 100, you down to 5%

Bottom line is, its okay for mini use, no much stress

If you ask me, I think mtn lumos is over priced. But still 4500 monthly is a bit better than 6000 in terms of cost, but what you can achieve with your 6000 out weight what you will with 4500. Since with Gen you can use Fridge, Tv, laptops, charge smartphones and more ...

Bros you're looking at cost
I'm looking at value for cost. Technically from what you're advising I should use 4500 to charge phone & laptop or small TV for roughly 5-6 hours per day?

I'm sorry but it just doesn't cut it

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Dam5reey(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2017
ndcide:

Really?.. Plz can you suggest one to use?

If you don't mind.. cost get the following:
300 watt solar panels, 20-40A MPPT controller, 100AH battery, 300 Watts Inverter... Wires to connect..
this will serve pass the Lumos no monthly fees...
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by samintegrity(m): 8:02am On Aug 27, 2017
refreshrate:

Bros you're looking at cost
I'm looking at value for cost. Technically from what you're advising I should use 4500 to charge phone & laptop or small TV for roughly 5-6 hours per day?

I'm sorry but it just doesn't cut it

Bro you didn't digest my submission..

I did stated that 6000 is far better cos you'd use any appliances, but lumos doesn't guarantee that.

I hate to say this, having to pay for mine compulsory 20days monthly annoys me..

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Ups01(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
adrusa:

Thanks for the Review. It Simply deoesn't make any financial sense to own this thing, people will get better deals buying inverters.

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by Ups01(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
samintegrity:

Bro you didn't digest my submission..

I did stated that 6000 is far better cos you'd use any appliances, but lumos doesn't guarantee that.

I hate to say this, having to pay for mine compulsory 20days monthly annoys me..

Can't you return it?

I honestly feel the Lumos thing is a rip off!

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by samintegrity(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2017
Ups01:

Can't you return it?

I honestly feel the Lumos thing is a rip off!

More than just a rip off bro.. and not sure you can return it, but one should be able to.

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by surrogatesng: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
That thing is a total waste of money

1 Like

Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by vpaymoney(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by KanesHost: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
I saw their advert on Facebook, decided to Google about Lumos and found this page.

Nice reviews.
Re: About The Mtn Lumos Solar Kit Any Review?? by twinskenny(m): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
Lala FrontPage please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foreign USED ANDRIOD PHONE From 18k / Fairly And Neatly Used Lg Lcd 32 Inch Tv @ Giveaway Price / ***chipping Playstation 2 To Play Pirated Dvd Games Another Method***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.