Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Misplaced Priorities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misplaced Priorities (948 Views)

Excuses And Priorities... A New Year Has Begun / How Did We Get Here? Misplaced Priority / Our Values Determine Our Priorities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misplaced Priorities by toyinaremu(f): 10:03am On Mar 27, 2017
After my ministration yesterday, on my way back to Lagos this topic dropped in my mind especially as I briefly touched that part during the program.

Why things look like they are not working well for many of us is because of this topic; misplaced priorities especially single youths.

'Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and every other things shall be added unto you' (Matt.6:33) is a priority verse. The meaning of this verse is as direct as it sounds. We are to seek the things of God as a priority over the things of the world.

Also to note in that verse that the only way to have every other things and not even some but every is to seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. Those who would worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth (John 4:24) not because of anything but just His righteousness.

Unfortunately, many today are interested in the addition than in the kingdom/righteousness of God! You so much desire a partner for marriage are you in a right standing with God?

Don't forget that you cannot solve a spiritual issue in a worldly way. Hear me, a good partner ought to be an addition to you if only you obey and seek Him first. What you need first is not a partner, what you need is to have God first and be in a right standing with Him.

You know why? If you place your heart in His hands, He will place it in the hands of the right person and at the right time.

In Economics, we have scales of preference, how is your scale looking like? If you jump the need to have God then you already have a misplaced priority and you will apply so much effort to something which ordinarily should be gotten effortlessly all things being equal.

Now I'm not saying you should serve Him just because of the benefits, please don't get me wrong, I am only letting you see why some life issues may look too difficult even when you're a christian.

His will, His commandments, His desires, His love, should all be the center of what you are and desire to be. All other entities find their position as a result of your pursuit of Him.

I encourage you to put Him as the top priority in your life this week and in your lifetime and every other things will be put in place. He has made the promises. Do your part and you can hold Him by His words.

God honors us when He is honored as our top priority!

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Misplaced Priorities by menxer: 10:55am On Mar 27, 2017
toyinaremu
In Economics, we have scales of preference, how is your scale looking like? If you jump the need to have God then you already have a misplaced priority and you will apply so much effort to something which ordinarily should be gotten effortlessly all things being equal.

The bolded defeats the essence of your message.
Meaning after making God your priority, is a guarantee that things will work out effortlessly, all things being equal?

1 Like

Re: Misplaced Priorities by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Beautifully written and very true...

1 Like

Re: Misplaced Priorities by toyinaremu(f): 11:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks for the observation, I meant you canget them effortlessly if somethings are not involved, like sin or spiritual issues but good news is we can overcome them in Christ. Thank you
menxer:

The bolded defeats the essence of your message.
Meaning after making God your priority, is a guarantee that things will work out effortlessly, all things being equal?
Re: Misplaced Priorities by menxer: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
toyinaremu:
Thanks for the observation, I meant you canget them effortlessly if somethings are not involved, like sin or spiritual issues but good news is we can overcome them in Christ. Thank you

Meaning, "terms and conditions apply," still.

(1) (Reply)

Careful With Your Words / Jezebel Is Coming - Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj / Pursue Righteousness - Steve Edwards / Conflict Between Religion And State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.