Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,416 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate (18291 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Southern Kaduna, Kill Women, Children (Graphic Photos) / Herdsmen Invade 3 Villages In Ibadan, 3 Killed / Herdsmen Invade Benue With 4000 Cows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by metronaija2: 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
The Benue Prisons Service on Monday confirmed that herdsmen invaded its Jato-Aka Farm Centre and killed an inmate, one Tersoo Agidi.

ASP Stephen Nwanchor, Public Relations Officer, Benue Prisons Service, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Makurdi that the incident took place on Saturday at the farm centre.

Nwanchor said that the invasion was not a failed jail break attempt.

“This is a new farm centre established in January, 2017. The herdsmen invaded the place, destroyed property, shot and killed one Tersoo Agidi, an inmate.

“We have evacuated all the remaining inmates from the farm centre to Gboko, pending the outcome of the investigation.

“We are not taking anything for granted. My Controller of Prison is on top of the issue, and all relevant security operatives in the state have been notified,” Nwanchor said.

The PRO said the service was investigating the invasion to ascertain the remote cause, noting that no arrest had been made so far.

Nwanchor said the service had tightened security in and around all its facilities in the state, assuring that there was no cause for alarm.

Herdsmen attack had been on increase in the last twelve months especially in the North central states.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/03/herdsmen-invade-benue-prison-farm-kills.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I hope the person wasn't awaiting trial because that'd mean a potentially innocent person has been murdered.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by XaintJoel20: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
If nothing drastic and urgent is not done to check the over bearing excesses of these so called Fulani herdsmen, we may not have people who see Benue state as their ancestral home within the shortest possible time. I think there is a deliberate plan to annihilate the people of Benue and the federal and state government are not doing much to curtail it.

This is genocide.

#SAYNOTOBENUEGENOCIDE.....

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Ppresh2017(f): 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
Too bad, but if you need extra source of income to combat recession see my signature.
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by phrenology: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
Omenka where are you? It seems to me like Benue state has become a target practice area for this Fula guys.
This is where you expect people like Omenka to make their own contribution but NO!!! you won't see them, they prefer to salivate and masturbate over anything that has to do the Igbo.
See how ndi anumanu are having a field day and acting with all impunity to do point of going to assassinate a target in prison!!! There was indeed a country.

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by otitokoroleti: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
we are watching

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by kcjazzy: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Why is my country so unstable, somebody cannot be safe in nigeria again, ever

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Kaptainkoko: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Madness everywhere in this country and Bubu is busy doing nothing

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by castrokins(m): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ortom Will Instead Of Securing Benue, Attack Wike Who's Just As Concerned As Every Other Nigerian.

12 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by RiversWatchDog(m): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by stano2(m): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Worthless state, indomie filled brain Governor

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by BabaCommander: 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
I'm speechless. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
How did we get to this level? Herdsmen can now invade a prison to carry out reprisal attack.
Apparently, States government house of are no longer safe.

BUHARI WHY?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
Na w ooo angry angry
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Autoeng: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
Sorry to those hurt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by AK481(m): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
Omenkalives

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by doctor306(m): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nothing would be done about this matter so long as heards is involved

Do you expect Mr bullhari to jail his brothers embarassed undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by AK481(m): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
Jj
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by doctor306(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nothing would be done about this matter so long as heards men is involved

Do you expect Mr bullhari to jail his brothers embarassed undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by simplemach(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
I blame the governor
Let him ask boda Fayose how to curtail these demons

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by DjAduba(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
ok
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by benuejosh: 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Benue again

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by liposuction123: 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
If I tell you I no tire for this country, I lie. Just saddening that these killings go unabated. In UK four ppl were killed the whole world heard of it but in Nigeria ppl are killed like chicken nobody talks

13 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Ekakamba: 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Wike no lie sha. Assuming I no dey respect elders, I for say Benue governor na I.diot mumu. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Papishi(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
But if it is a clash between the Idomas and the heards men now, like 30 of the Idomas would have been arrested.
As usual, no arrest has been made and am very sure none will be made. There really was a country.

18 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by guy30stainless(m): 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
Na waooo
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by NaijaEfcc: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
And what will this apc government do? Yes, they will do nothing!! Fulani herdsmen rules!! They have the license to enter anywhere in Nigeria and kill anybody and nothing will have!!! What an incompetent government!!!

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Ask087(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
It is not funny oo
Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by godunia(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
waiting for the idiot governor and Police Commissioner to exonerate herdsmen.yeye

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by beejay247: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nah so dem warn our former president about Bokoharam before dem turn into what they are now.... I just don't understand why Buhari is taking the issue of the herdsmen lightly.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by Autoeng: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
simplemach:
I blame the governor
Let him ask boda Fayose how to curtail these demons

The Oshkomole 1
Chai
You know person grin grin grin grin grin
You must be a Pomo fans grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Invade Benue Prison Farm, Kill Inmate by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ortom abi Ortu is a lazy fool!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Shoot Okada Man Dead In Ebonyi Over N100 Bribe (Graphic Photo) / Abuja-Kaduna Expressway: Police Begin Aerial Patrol Of The Highway / 4-Year-Old Girl Missing At Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.