Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

My Pepper Sack Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pepper Sack Farming (8364 Views)

My Dry Season Irrigation Sack Farming (photo Speak) / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2017
After following jasper's thread on cucumber and many other threads i have decided to commence my journey into pepper and ultimately into farming. As always am open to suggestions, theories etc...

I got the seeds from Seedworld F1 AVENIR (Hybrid Hot Pepper), paid on the 25th March picked up the seeds from RTC park at Asaba on Sunday 26th. My security guard and Seedworld are my mentors on this pepper journey. Next step is to get the nursery Bags, i thought getting the bags would be a walk in the park little did i know i was in for a shock. On saturday i went to traffic light hoping to get the nursery seed bags, from one shop to the next with plenty explanation no one had it I then decided to check with the gardeners in town.

Headed straight to Summit junction, there the gardener told me he doesn't have and Onitsha is the only place i can get them, also asked him where I could get top soil his response was Oga nah buy we dey buy from tipper Oooo, ehhhhh okay thank you, I
left there feeling Kpatakpata Emmm no suppose pass #5,000 called a sand supplier i know and they said it was #12,000.

Haba #12,000 for top soil how much come be sharp sand, infact make i leave top soil first till I get nursery seed bag. Yesterday Morning went to Onitsha, i was told to stop at upper-iweka and take a bike to nylon market at Eze-Iweka cost should be maximum #100 for bike. first and second bike said #200, third bike said #250, they all refused #100 naira nah soo i begin trek OOooo like 5mins decided to ask a guy selling belt, bros abeg I dey find where dem they manufacture nylon for Eze-Iweka...the guy just smile say bros nah that road wey face us soo, shocked shocked cross enter that road reach that green upstairs then turn left thanked him and continued my adventure true to his words i got there, that was how i saved the bike fare. Every shop left right were manufacturing nylons of different size and color yet no one seems to have what i wanted, They referred me to another market where they sell nylon as my current location was where they were been manufactured they said i should go to MADUEKE MARKET by MENAX HOSPITAL. #200 naira got me there, checked close to 10 shops before I finally got what I was looking for, got a pack of 100 for #300 (got 4 packs) but not punctured also got the bigger one that was punctured 1 pack #2,000 (100 pcs).

Exchanged contact incase I want more in the future cos there is no way am going back to that market, Onitsha can be scaring grin grin you guys need to see the way I held my wallet, money and phone all senses ALERT!!! even my imaginary super powers were Alert...I no wan hear Story...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2017
pics of the seeds and the nursery bags

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Adeoye007(m): 10:47am On Mar 28, 2017
Good start Bro, why can't you use used pure water nylon instead of buying
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 11:30am On Mar 28, 2017
Adeoye007:
Good start Bro, why can't you use used pure water nylon instead of buying

When i considered the stress of gathering and cutting them, felt the already made would be better.
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Pavore9: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
Following the journey.
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Silvereze(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
I'm following brother
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pavore9:
Following the journey.

Am humbled my Oga
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
28th March, prepared the nursery bed during which we noticed my compound had a mixture of black and red soil so we simply tilled the soil, we intend to broadcast the seed then spread chicken manure on top before watering. I would share pictures when we get to that stage, for now enjoy the pictures of yesterday's activities...

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
more pics

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by obajohn(m): 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Following! Nice work!
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by pat077: 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Watching.....
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by frisky2good(m): 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
Make I dey here dey observe
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:01am On Mar 31, 2017
Pavore9:
Following the journey.

My Oga pavore, I sent you a mail recently, I don't know if you received it. Are you on whatsapp?
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nobally: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
30th March, finally planted my pepper seeds in the nursery, I broadcasted the seeds then poured loose soil until the pepper seeds were completely covered then palm was placed on top, this is to avoid direct sunlight and to prevent birds from picking them up and also to avoid the soil from been eroded.

31st March, watered my pepper and would do so in the evening, these will continue for three days then the fourth no watering all day this is to
allow them grow out, then continue watering on the fifth day. here are some pics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Pavore9: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

My Oga pavore, I sent you a mail recently, I don't know if you received it. Are you on whatsapp?

Check your mail.
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by emmybiz(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
How's your pepper doing,has it started fruiting?
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Pavore9: 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nobally:
30th March, finally planted my pepper seeds in the nursery, I broadcasted the seeds then poured loose soil until the pepper seeds were completely covered then palm was placed on top, this is to avoid direct sunlight and to prevent birds from picking them up and also to avoid the soil from been eroded.

31st March, watered my pepper and would do so in the evening, these will continue for three days then the fourth no watering all day this is to
allow them grow out, then continue watering on the fifth day. here are some pics

No updates.
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by damoceile: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oga wetin come happen to the pepper??
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by adeblow(m): 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Kai, this is another abandoned topic.

2 Likes

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by potosky: 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2019
Did the grow bag idea work out?
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by okoroemeka(m): 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
damoceile:
Oga wetin come happen to the pepper??
don't you know the obvious has happened,hot peppers are tricky and difficult to germinate,if u don't soak properly in water,cover it with proper soil level,shield from excessive rain/sun,protect from scavengers and insects you are just joking.
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by damoceile: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2019
okoroemeka:
don't you know the obvious has happened,hot peppers are tricky and difficult to germinate,if u don't soak properly in water,cover it with proper soil level,shield from excessive rain/sun,protect from scavengers and insects you are just joking.

eyah..... I just hope this isnt same with cucumber... besides I have this phobia for plants that has to go thru nursery first... I'm always scared.

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by my2chains(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2020
damoceile:

eyah..... I just hope this isnt same with cucumber... besides I have this phobia for plants that has to go thru nursery first... I'm always scared.

there is nothing to be scared about,
life is all about taking risk,
thats what saperates the rich from the poor!

The rich are risk takers while the poor will hold on to their last card and be expecting a great turn around for their lives without investing on anything at all,

cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by Nicksonobi: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
But is it possible to get pepper seedlings instead of the seeds, the nursing will have be done already like in palm tree farming.
Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by okoroemeka(m): 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nicksonobi:
But is it possible to get pepper seedlings instead of the seeds, the nursing will have be done already like in palm tree farming.
if you need red scorpion variety seedlings contact us,we sent 1000 seedlings to warri today,WhatsApp 0811+994+2049

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Sack Farming by abolaji62(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
Orelope perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria
Can help you sells all your crop you have in farm like
Tomato marrow cucumber green pepper sweet corn water melon
Green chille rodo okro and etc ..our own is just to remove 10% in any price we sell it, for more info you can cantact us on :shop10 mile12 international market lagos or call 09033053043 or join our telegram group chat @perishableg2uejetviwwfwhgehhhjwh thanks

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Barley Seeds / Harvest Of 10 Months Hybrid Catfish / Rice Farming: My Sweet-bitter Experience. Looking forward & Re-strategizing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.