Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. (1345 Views)

Seeking Help Concerning My Academics - Please Come To My Aid / Help! Am Having Issues With My Academics. / My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by Ayima: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
I come from a village where people think going to school is the most difficult thing on earth. Haven grown to the age of attending primary school, I decided to start my educational career in one primary school in my my village. I passed from primary 1 to 6 without knowing how to read and write, please don't ask me how because I don't know myself.On reaching primary 6, it was time for me to register for first school leaving certificate exams and I asked myself how? When I don't know how to read and write? One morning I decided to visit our headmaster's office,with tears falling from my eyes I greeted Good morning Sir, Please Sir I don't want to write the exams,I prefer going back to start from primary 2 again. It was like a joke to him not knowing I was serious, he now said okey then if that is your decision go ahead.When I went back to primary 1, there was this my mum's friend who was teaching us and she was really ready for me, according to her I must know something. When she write a word on the board, she will beat me until I was able to pronounce that word at a point I became afriad of her but what will I do when I want to learn.That woman did that until I was able to read and write,when we wrote exams I took 2nd position. I started reading and writting until I reached primary 6 the second time, wrote my exams and left.After primary school I went to secondary, started from jss1 to ss3 everything was okey in secondary school until when I wrote my waec. When the waec result came out, it was not okey atall and I felt very bad as I really struggled to train myself, please don't ask about my parents because that is another long story.One day I wokeup at night and asked myself what will I do about this result now because I really want to be a graduate to change that village mentality. But there was no answer because there is nothing I could do.One day I was sitting down outside our compound when I saw a nice car stopped in front of our house with 3 women and 2 men inside and they were carrying a map which traces our compound. One of them came out and called me so I went and he asked me if I know this person, he mentioned the name and behold it was me so I quickly said it's me sir And he said okey someone recommend that i help you. Can you follow us to the city? The man asked and I said not now sir but will come later, he give me his contact and left.It was 3rd december, 2006 when I called him and he permitted to meet him in the city, so I left the village that same day and headed to the city.I arrived safely in the man's house,after been welcomed the fisrt thing he told me was that i will like you to register for jamb,I said okey thank you sir but everything was not well as I have issues with my waec result.The next day he called me and said I have to look for a school and register for another waec and I said thank you sir. January 2007, he took me to one missionary school for registration, my dear brothers and sisters it was another shocked for me.The principal asked for my waec result, she looked at it and said this result is a total mess that even someone from ss1 in their school can write waec and perform more than this.Note, in the result I had credit in all other subjects but D7 in English and F in maths.Now the principal's final decision was that if I want to write waec in the school, I have to go back to ss2. This was really disheartening but I had no option, we went back home and the man said he support the principal that it is either I repeat ss2 or I go back to the village and that he gives me 1 full day to decide. My brothers and sister I wokeup and told him I am ready to repeat SS2.I started ss2 allover again,passed ss2 entered ss3 wrote my waec and cleared all my papers.I wrote jamb in 2010 passed it got admitted into the university and today, I am proud to be the first ever graduate from my family but no job yet. May God bless us all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by placeofallure(f): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
Happy for you and good that you could retrace your steps to finally get it right. A good job is what I wish you right now.
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by ikp120(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
Academics? Hmmm. Good for you.
#Money #Money
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
I love your spirit
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by Ayima: 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
Thanks everyone.
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by sEGXY2(m): 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
I must congratulate you, you really came a long way however just being a graduate in today's Nigeria is not enough its the beginning of a sojourn of self discovery, when you finally make it don't forget to touch lives just the way someone touched yours.

I make sense?
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by Ayima: 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
sEGXY2:
I must congratulate you, you really came a long way however just being a graduate in today's Nigeria is not enough its the beginning of a sojourn of self discovery, when you finally make it don't forget to touch lives just the way someone touched yours.

I make sense?
Sure, I am planning to do more than what he did by God's grace.
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by sEGXY2(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ayima:
Sure, I am planning to do more than what he did by God's grace.
Amen bruh, do your thang
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by tunaps(m): 9:14am On Dec 23, 2019
Ayima, so happy to read this. Brings back memories, I hope you get to read this. U have really come a long way and I believe the mentality is now different in Nkum Ibil, Ogoja.
Baba dropped this remark
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by kennyjam: 9:33am On Dec 23, 2019
nice, it is well OP. Congrats.
You're from the south South?
Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by Ayima: 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
kennyjam:
nice, it is well OP. Congrats.

You're from the south South?
yes bro

1 Like

Re: This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. by Marcelo290(m): 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
That's a great one Op. In life, every step requires patience and perseverance. Your story would change someday, don't just sit idle. Meanwhile are you from Bekwara?

See our signature for quality services

(1) (Reply)

LASU Aledgely Forces Christians To Study Islamic Law / New Rector Of The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-ekiti / 2018 NECO Time Table – NECO June/july Examination Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.